Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When you consider the finishing quality of the strikers we have at this club it's even worse. We must have one of the highest chance conversion % rates that any club outside the "Big six" has ever had. All three of them are pretty damn efficient. 

It's shameful how little we create for them. 

Vardy and Nacho highest minutes per goal and some of the highest shot converstion in the last 2 years outside of the big 6

B6C4E625-54B4-43F3-BDE8-EBE1DED8AEDC.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

As shit as things may be at present I think that's actually going to be a blessing in disguise. He'd have made an absolute disaster of a rebuild and then any new manager that came in would be on a hiding to nothing.

We'd be done for years if Rodgers was allowed to play any significant part in a rebuild. Now they've decided to stick with him though, I can't imagine he'll be gone anytime soon unless he walks. 

45 minutes ago, NasPb said:

He's a pragmatic manager.. He does what he needs to do with what he has.. Unlike potch and especially Rodgers. Poch couldn't win anything of note with a star filled psg side. 

...you would have to be Sir Alex  Ferguson or Klopp to walk into PSG and hope to be a success!!!

PSG are a bit of a paradox, they want to have the biggest named players playing for them, yet they cannot form a cohesive team.

What you would inevitably have to do is sell most of the galacticos and bring in quality players who want to be there, for the right reasons. PSG could be the number one team in Europe if they did away with style for substance.

The clamour for Dyche is surprising, we do require someone to restore our confidence on the pitch,  but regressing to a manager whose style and philosophy was out of step long before he was fired, is not the answer to our problem.

The club has been making poor decisions or in this case indecisions recently, I really hope Rafa, De Boer, Ancelotti or previous Premiership failures are not on any short list to come here.

Managers like Slot, Rose, Amorin even Gasperini, would be a better shout. The need for Premiership experience is a red herring.

29 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’ve got the same feeling regarding the turn it around comment he just needs to get the Fofana & Tielemans saga out of the way and he can concentrate on the squad he has, hopefully he’ll be able to bring in a couple but a part of me thinks Chelsea are pi55ing us about with the whole transfer situation whether it’s to unsettle us before we play them or something else but Tuchel comes across as a bit of a prat who likes to take the pi55 but I really think they’ll just drop the interest for now not willing to meet the price Leicester are after ?

Chelsea don’t need to unsettle us, we’re in a mess either way. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...you would have to be Sir Alex  Ferguson or Klopp to walk into PSG and hope to be a success!!!

PSG are a bit of a paradox, they want to have the biggest named players playing for them, yet they cannot form a cohesive team.

What you would inevitably have to do is sell most of the galacticos and bring in quality players who want to be there, for the right reasons. PSG could be the number one team in Europe if they did away with style for substance.

The clamour for Dyche is surprising, we do require someone to restore our confidence on the pitch,  but regressing to a manager whose style and philosophy was out of step long before he was fired, is not the answer to our problem.

The club has been making poor decisions or in this case indecisions recently, I really hope Rafa, De Boer, Ancelotti or previous Premiership failures are not on any short list to come here.

Managers like Slot, Rose, Amorin even Gasperini, would be a better shout. The need for Premiership experience is a red herring.

I still say we could do worse than look at Pepijn Lijnders. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Almost like his answer to our defensive issues is to keep the ball and take as few risks as possible.

Which puts us under more pressure. He has the same renaissance man issue as Wenger did when it was unravelling at Arsenal, doing the obvious thing would make too much sense. He likes the idea of being a counter intuitive genius yet it basically never pays off. We've got 3 strikers that are seriously talented and 1 winger, when's the last time we played a few games with 2 up front?

Our record Rodgers playing 3atb must be awful 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This thing really annoys me that he has the gall to come out and say this. If he's 3+ years deep in a job and the absence of a single player throws his entire preferred game plan out the window then that's on him. Why doesn't anyone then respond to him with something like "is that perhaps a reflection on how recruitment has went at your time at the club?".

But I think this is why he keeps bleating at the moment and distancing himself as much as possible from the recruitment. 

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that Rudkin and the board prioritise signings like Soumaré over actually filling the positions Rodgers wants because we've gotten a little bit hung up on this image of Leicester City buying young starlets and selling them for crazy sums. 

I'd guess that Soumaré was meant to be the next Fofana. Very similar profile as a French u21 off the back of a good season in Ligue 1. Rodgers absolutely didn't need him, didn't have a place for him anywhere in his plans, especially given he's a very similar player in style to KDH who we were promoting for "free." I think Rudkin was hoping he'd be the next lauded Leicester purchase and would fund a future transfer window, as Wes is expected to. 

Wouldn't mind guessing that Rodgers didn't really want Daka either, think that's another one where our recruitment team has half an eye on Vardy going and is trying to find a statistical like for like. 

I don't even share everyone's determination than Rodgers was behind Bertrand and Vestergaard or I'm sure we'd have seen him persisting far more with the latter. 

This pattern of us failing to properly reinforce on the wings isn't new to Rodgers, its been persisting for as long as Riyad has gone. The recruitment at the club is weirdly consistent with someone trying to build for a 352, we've got great wing backs and strikers and a stockpile of centre backs and midfielders and not a wide player in sight except one we developed with our own academy (and I swear I'm not imagining that Barnes used to be considered a centre midfielder?) 

And its just not how Rodgers wants to play, it's weird as fvck. 

Don't get me wrong, I've made it clear I absolutely think his time has come and we need a change but I don't hold him particularly responsible for the personnel in the squad and if there is currently a rift between Rodgers and the board I think it's because he's very actively trying to tell the whole world that it's not on him. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I expect him to still be here until the Brighton game at the very least.

That'd be insane. Based on past appointments it usually takes the club 2-4 weeks to appoint a successor. That'd mean assuming a new coach comes in within 2 weeks their first game would be the East Midlands derby with Forest that could be a really difficult fixture to navigate for a new boss. If the appointment comes around the 4 week mark, there's every possibility that we could have dropped 6 points to 2 teams who we could well end up in a relegation battle with if we're not careful. 

Surely if he's to go, now is the time. Spend the time finding a replacement during games where we're unlikely to pick up points. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy and Nacho highest minutes per goal and some of the highest shot converstion in the last 2 years outside of the big 6

B6C4E625-54B4-43F3-BDE8-EBE1DED8AEDC.jpeg

Minutes per goal doesn't interest me, it's completely irrelevant to the finishing quality of a strike really. Especially given what I'm bemoaning is a lack of chances created which is going to absolutely ruin a striker's goals p/90. But the conversion is exactly my point. That's the real mark of a quality forward, economy vs chances created. Actual goals vs xg, however you want to measure it. 

Think the latter there would be even kinder to Iheanacho given I think the only reason his economy looks worse is he does like a cheeky punt from range when he gets frustrated more than Vards. 

1 minute ago, ian__marshall said:

That'd be insane. Based on past appointments it usually takes the club 2-4 weeks to appoint a successor. That'd mean assuming a new coach comes in within 2 weeks their first game would be the East Midlands derby with Forest that could be a really difficult fixture to navigate for a new boss. If the appointment comes around the 4 week mark, there's every possibility that we could have dropped 6 points to 2 teams who we could well end up in a relegation battle with if we're not careful. 

Surely if he's to go, now is the time. Spend the time finding a replacement during games where we're unlikely to pick up points. 

Clearly that would make far too much sense. Our club seem devoid of Sense just lately, which I find worrying.

Captain Hindsight in this thread, loads of em. Most of which have never been near a boardroom or had to make a difficult decision apart from which sandwich to buy at lunch. Top business people make mistakes, humans make mistakes. At the time many people would have given a bumper contract when Arsenal came knocking.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But I think this is why he keeps bleating at the moment and distancing himself as much as possible from the recruitment. 

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that Rudkin and the board prioritise signings like Soumaré over actually filling the positions Rodgers wants because we've gotten a little bit hung up on this image of Leicester City buying young starlets and selling them for crazy sums. 

I'd guess that Soumaré was meant to be the next Fofana. Very similar profile as a French u21 off the back of a good season in Ligue 1. Rodgers absolutely didn't need him, didn't have a place for him anywhere in his plans, especially given he's a very similar player in style to KDH who we were promoting for "free." I think Rudkin was hoping he'd be the next lauded Leicester purchase and would fund a future transfer window, as Wes is expected to. 

Wouldn't mind guessing that Rodgers didn't really want Daka either, think that's another one where our recruitment team has half an eye on Vardy going and is trying to find a statistical like for like. 

I don't even share everyone's determination than Rodgers was behind Bertrand and Vestergaard or I'm sure we'd have seen him persisting far more with the latter. 

This pattern of us failing to properly reinforce on the wings isn't new to Rodgers, its been persisting for as long as Riyad has gone. The recruitment at the club is weirdly consistent with someone trying to build for a 352, we've got great wing backs and strikers and a stockpile of centre backs and midfielders and not a wide player in sight except one we developed with our own academy (and I swear I'm not imagining that Barnes used to be considered a centre midfielder?) 

And its just not how Rodgers wants to play, it's weird as fvck. 

Don't get me wrong, I've made it clear I absolutely think his time has come and we need a change but I don't hold him particularly responsible for the personnel in the squad and if there is currently a rift between Rodgers and the board I think it's because he's very actively trying to tell the whole world that it's not on him. 

So why let him get his own man in as head of recruitment if we are just going to ignore them? 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

What's this about whatsapp messages? 

It's essentially this generations "a guy in the pub told me..."

(This is in no way a slant on @Bert. I have no doubt that this is what he was told and all he done was pass on the info. Something i, myself appreciate)

• Like 1

Sure it's not completely prescriptive and I may be misremembering, but sure our recently sacked managers tend to go after a 5 or 6 game winless streak. Suspect we may re-evaluate after the Utd game...which would be really awful timing in terms of recruitment of players for a new manager.

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

No, polar opposite in the way the teams play. I think people are fed up with conceding 2 goals a game etc.

Since Burnley's promotion they conceded 55, 39, 68, 50, 55 and 53.

Dyche is known for his defensive football but, aside from conceding 39 when they got into Europe, it's not exactly an improvement on our situation now and last season.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

From BR

Apparently he's literally just walked onto the training ground in full kit to take training.

I think the guy’s a moron but starting himself in defence is a new low.

• Haha 4