Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But I think this is why he keeps bleating at the moment and distancing himself as much as possible from the recruitment. 

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that Rudkin and the board prioritise signings like Soumaré over actually filling the positions Rodgers wants because we've gotten a little bit hung up on this image of Leicester City buying young starlets and selling them for crazy sums. 

I'd guess that Soumaré was meant to be the next Fofana. Very similar profile as a French u21 off the back of a good season in Ligue 1. Rodgers absolutely didn't need him, didn't have a place for him anywhere in his plans, especially given he's a very similar player in style to KDH who we were promoting for "free." I think Rudkin was hoping he'd be the next lauded Leicester purchase and would fund a future transfer window, as Wes is expected to. 

Wouldn't mind guessing that Rodgers didn't really want Daka either, think that's another one where our recruitment team has half an eye on Vardy going and is trying to find a statistical like for like. 

I don't even share everyone's determination than Rodgers was behind Bertrand and Vestergaard or I'm sure we'd have seen him persisting far more with the latter. 

This pattern of us failing to properly reinforce on the wings isn't new to Rodgers, its been persisting for as long as Riyad has gone. The recruitment at the club is weirdly consistent with someone trying to build for a 352, we've got great wing backs and strikers and a stockpile of centre backs and midfielders and not a wide player in sight except one we developed with our own academy (and I swear I'm not imagining that Barnes used to be considered a centre midfielder?) 

And its just not how Rodgers wants to play, it's weird as fvck. 

Don't get me wrong, I've made it clear I absolutely think his time has come and we need a change but I don't hold him particularly responsible for the personnel in the squad and if there is currently a rift between Rodgers and the board I think it's because he's very actively trying to tell the whole world that it's not on him. 

I reckon if that was the case Rodgers would have been very vocal about it, not shouting about it but veiled digs whenever he got the opportunity. Instead all he done last summer was was lyrical about the backing the club gave him.

We'll never know for sure but Vestergaard and Bertrand are nailed on Rodgers signings. He name checked the former in his post match interview when we played them in the CL at Celtic park so not hard to jump to the conclusion there has been a long standing interest there where him and Congerton are concerned. Bertrand he also has a previous working relationship with. Both of those players nowhere near fit the profile of the type of players the club have identified in recent years, Soumare and Daka I'll give you, they do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

f I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that Rudkin and the board prioritise signings like Soumaré over actually filling the positions Rodgers wants because we've gotten a little bit hung up on this image of Leicester City buying young starlets and selling them for crazy sums. 

I'd guess that Soumaré was meant to be the next Fofana. Very similar profile as a French u21 off the back of a good season in Ligue 1. Rodgers absolutely didn't need him, didn't have a place for him anywhere in his plans, especially given he's a very similar player in style to KDH who we were promoting for "free." I think Rudkin was hoping he'd be the next lauded Leicester purchase and would fund a future transfer window, as Wes is expected to. 

This is harsh and you are assuming a lot of bad faith practices from a lot of people. They obviously thought he was a good player and whether Rodgers wanted him or not if they think he's a good player they can go get him. It's not complicated.

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

When he's inevitably gone I can't be arsed with a 85 IQ neanderthal pundit coming out with the "what do they expect!!!!, Brendan is a great manager, they've not backed him!!!' bollocks.

"He won the Community Shield only a year ago, surely that allows him the chance to atleast attempt to guide the club to promotion back to the Premier League should they be relegated"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Captain Hindsight in this thread, loads of em. Most of which have never been near a boardroom or had to make a difficult decision apart from which sandwich to buy at lunch. Top business people make mistakes, humans make mistakes. At the time many people would have given a bumper contract when Arsenal came knocking.

But it doesnt work like that at board level. That one mistake that can cost you or hinder the business can cost you the job. The big salary justifies the pressure. 

CAVEAT: I have no idea who is (if anyone is) to blame for the window we are having or Brendan's contract etc. Just pointing out that the idea things like this pass over at board level is wrong. If Top didnt sanction the long term contract, he is well within his right to challenge his executives. 

Guest itude
2 hours ago, J. James said:

I agree with most of the comments here and I've been advocating this charlatans removal for months but better be very aware people that he is still gonna be our manager next week,  next month and possibly next year.

I cant see anything changing until at least November - when we will be in the brown stuff  properly - so better buckle up or banner up and show the board and the sycophantic media how the coffee really smells.

Unfortunately I think you are right,and by that time the job will be more difficult. I got really excited last night when this possibilty of Rodgers having gone arose.If this was a wind up, personally I dont think it was a very good one.

43 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Being asked which manager you want to replace Rodgers with is the Foxestalk equivalent of your Mrs asking what you want for dinner, just to be told "I don't fancy that" when you make a suggestion. 

We play that game too. It's like the misses is preprogrammed to reject my every dinner suggestion. Fortunately, the conversation (if I can call it that) is usually sufficient for her to come up with something that appeals to her, and naturally I'm ok with it. I was a single bloke for long enough to not be fussy.

Back to slating Rodgers...

• Like 1

Guest itude
1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

For me i have more confidence in him turning it around than another manager coming in and doing it. No guarantee that a new manager means improved performances. To sack him will cost a fortune to achieve what? A chance of improvement. The same as if we keep him.

I agree that the last 12 months we have seen a decline. Momentum is a big thing in football and it wouldn't surprise me if we went on a great 12 months starting tomorrow. I just hate the chop and change mentality. He has done enough to warrant some leniency. Though if we are still looking at a threat of relegation in a few weeks then my mind can and will change.

I see nothing in both his performance, or his personality that gives me any confidence Rodgers can turn it round. Hope I am wrong, but I don't see that.

I heard hes in talks with top to extend his stay and for top to apologise for not backing him. yesssssssss RODGERS TILL I DIEEEEE OH RODGERSSS TILL I  DIEEE #'2027 #SIGNTHATCONTRACT #WEREMASSSIVEEEE

• Haha 1

Guest itude
38 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

I dont have any questions to Brendan, he is done for me

on the other hand i really wanna know what the fu ck is club doing and why is Brendan still manager and not sacked this summer

if they trusted him at least gave him proper summer for "rebuild" or whatever you wanna call it

Club is doing absolute pants job and it should be mentioned as well 

Yeah, I think you are right to bring that aspect up as well, some say it is the money aspect ? Maybe its a Mexican standoff ?? I just can't see how prolonging this will help. The transfer window will very soon be shut, and it looks like all that might happen at the moment for us is the loss of at least one player.I imagine Tuchel will get shirty with Boehly after that 3-0 squashing by Leeds, Kouibally looked poor.

Guest itude
36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But I think this is why he keeps bleating at the moment and distancing himself as much as possible from the recruitment. 

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that Rudkin and the board prioritise signings like Soumaré over actually filling the positions Rodgers wants because we've gotten a little bit hung up on this image of Leicester City buying young starlets and selling them for crazy sums. 

Wouldn't mind guessing that Rodgers didn't really want Daka either, think that's another one where our recruitment team has half an eye on Vardy going and is trying to find a statistical like for like. 

I don't even share everyone's determination than Rodgers was behind Bertrand and Vestergaard or I'm sure we'd have seen him persisting far more with the latter. 

This pattern of us failing to properly reinforce on the wings isn't new to Rodgers, its been persisting for as long as Riyad has gone. The recruitment at the club is weirdly consistent with someone trying to build for a 352, we've got great wing backs and strikers and a stockpile of centre backs and midfielders and not a wide player in sight except one we developed with our own academy (and I swear I'm not imagining that Barnes used to be considered a centre midfielder?) 

And its just not how Rodgers wants to play, it's weird as fvck. 

Don't get me wrong, I've made it clear I absolutely think his time has come and we need a change but I don't hold him particularly responsible for the personnel in the squad and if there is currently a rift between Rodgers and the board I think it's because he's very actively trying to tell the whole world that it's not on him. 

Right, so Rodgers has no responsibilty whatsoever for those 4 donkeys ??

Tell me another !

It really is a shame that the club have decided to write this season off by not investing in the squad, not being flexible in shifting fringe players and by continuing a relationship with a manager that has completely broken down. 

As much as I think Rodgers is done here the same needs to be said for a few members upstairs, the club needs a refresh top to bottom as a rot has well and truly set in. How can they expect us fans for continue to fork out all season long when they're clearly not even bothered. As evidenced by our horrid start to the season there are glaring issues and absolutely nobody is prepared to step forward and make a decision to solve them.

• Like 2

Just now, itude said:

Right, so Rodgers has no responsibilty whatsoever for those 4 donkeys ??

Tell me another !

He probably has responsibility for 2 of them. Finnegan is right about Daka and Soumare. Rudkin has been huffing his own gruffs for far too long and has gotten way ahead of himself and now the club are in a mess. 

• Haha 1