Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...all this at the moment seems so far removed from the previous years of good stewardship, and our trust in the people running the club!!!

What if, just what if this is some kind of ruse to stop Rodgers from spending in this window? The overwhelming request in the middle of last season was not to let Rodgers bring in anyone in this window, and we have now found ourselves in an unusual situation, that comprehensively achieves that goal.

The reality is that we have no knowledge of the actual figures, so therefore unable to accurately assess the situation and separate the wheat from the chaff. Not knowing is the real problem for us on the outside, and all we can do is speculate.

It still feels like a fantastical occurrence that we find ourselves right here.

I genuinely believe/believed this to be the case.

However, why would they club, the owner, the board go so far and cause such detriment to the club? If that were to be the case.

I keep saying it but they had a choice to sack him or back him, they chose to do neither - now they're becoming culpable, especially the longer it all drags on.

I can understand why they're not backing him for the signing made during his tenure and the lack of improvement on the starting 11 let alone squad, I don't understand not sacking him.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Rodgers splurging of funds and wages have been the main factor in arriving at this point. What should the owners do, become fiscally irresponsible and spend money the club obviously doesn't have?

That’s not Rodgers problem. If he is the manager, he should have resources. Again, I’ll emphasis, I don’t want that crazy Southampton lover anywhere near the bank. However, if he is deemed not good enough or trusted to do the job, he shouldn’t be in. The reality is, this club has not signed a player of value all summer. When you think about that, it’s crazy for a mid-level football with obvious players wanting out to not do that. If you’re Rodgers, your naturally going to be downbeat. He doesn’t think he is shit. He didn’t sign for Leicester because we were his dream job and just wanted to coach the players. It’s progress for him. 

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It is his problem though, he's had more than adequate resources, he's used them to build even by his own admission a squad that isn't fit for purpose and the wage bill is now stifled with deadwood that can't be shifted leading to the stalemate. You can't just say he should have resources and totally ignore the context, resources aren't infinite. Should he just be given money summer after summer to waste, without selling anyone? If any manager constantly buys absolute crap in the market any club in that position are going to hit the wall at some point and this is what's happening now. Is the club's wage to turnover ratio not something crazy and unsustainable like 105%? If that is true then the proof is in the pudding, the club have backed him to the hilt, that's not the issue, the issue is Rodgers is incapable of using said resources in the transfer market to improve the squad.

It's not the first club he's been at where he's made a shambles of recruitment that's culminated in a record and crucially unsustainable wage bill. 

He’s not responsible for the wage bill though, he does not negotiate player contracts that’s the job of the board maybe Rudkin and Whelan.

Since he’s been here, we’ve added Castagne, Fofana, Justin, Tielemans, Perez and Praet in his first two season all of these transfers were pretty much offset by the sale of Maguire and Chilwell, add in some other smaller sales Elder, Gray, Sowah etc. and the first couple of season transfers improved the XI without really costing anything - I will add here I haven’t done the exact maths on this but it can’t be far away.

Last season we gambled a bit, and for the first time didn’t sell a big player - we did though lose a couple for most of the season in Ricardo, Justin and Fofana.

What we bought in didn’t work out - Soumare looks to have all the attributes, but has some off field issues and just didn’t work out, I would say every club has a signing like this. Daka was always one for the future and the man to replace the irrepressible- I still think long term he will be good business.

Bertrand and Vestergaard have been disasters - you can see why both signings were made with the players leaving the club - Bertrand a direct replacement for the experience lost when Fuchs left and Vestergaard a late replacement with PL and international experience for the injury to Fofana.

I don’t think any of that is really making a shambles of recruitment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

When you sell your soul to the devil in exchange for 3 trophies something has to give eventually. Don't you know anything???

You only need to sell your self-respect to win the Charity Shield against Man City's academy actually.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It is his problem though, he's had more than adequate resources, he's used them to build even by his own admission a squad that isn't fit for purpose and the wage bill is now stifled with deadwood that can't be shifted leading to the stalemate. You can't just say he should have resources and totally ignore the context, resources aren't infinite. Should he just be given money summer after summer to waste, without selling anyone? If any manager constantly buys absolute crap in the market any club in that position are going to hit the wall at some point and this is what's happening now. Is the club's wage to turnover ratio not something crazy and unsustainable like 105%? If that is true then the proof is in the pudding, the club have backed him to the hilt, that's not the issue, the issue is Rodgers is incapable of using said resources in the transfer market to improve the squad.

It's not the first club he's been at where he's made a shambles of recruitment that's culminated in a record and crucially unsustainable wage bill. 

It's analogous to a toddler that you give sweets who is then sick, you wouldn't just continue to give them more sweets would you.

I’m not disagreeing with you on any of your points, I agree completely that Rodgers is a massive problem. His recruitment and management  for at least the last 12 months has been incredibly poor. I would’ve had him out after the Forest game.

However, if he isn’t good enough - he shouldn’t be here. The fact we haven’t made any signings (apart from Smithies) is a disgrace. You can understand a manager being downbeat - again, he doesn’t believe he is shit. And at the start of the summer, I was probably in agreement with you, if Rodgers has ****ed it up before he should deal with what he has been given. However, surely you can see my point that a PL manager with no tools to improve his squad is going to be slightly less optimistic than usual. 

The board have also failed in the sense that we can’t compete with our competitors. Forget the top 6. With Palace. With Everton. With West Ham. It’s not on. The off field work is important but the fundamental product of this business is the first team and ALL aspects of the club are failing the product.

44 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

So Castagne and Justin for Chilwell - sound business, strengthening and deepening the squad.

Fofana - excellent spot.

BUT Tielemans was already here - you can’t count him as smart recruitment by Brendan. 
Perez and Praet are both good players - but neither fit into the BR playing system and he’s made it perfectly clear he doesn’t rate them. To recruit two players - at about £50-million I think - who the manager  doesn’t want to use is what I would call shambolic recruitment. 
Last summer was a disaster.  No other word for it. Four players still to hit consistent PL standards but clogging up the squad and preventing us taking in any new arrivals. There’s  a discussion to be had about each one of them - but none of them made any kind of significant contribution in the PL last season. And only Daka made any contribution at all. That is shambolic and to take a “these things happen” approach makes no sense. 
Congerton was head of recruitment, Congerton is BR’s man, and there is no escaping the responsibility. If that’s not convincing enough, Bertrand knows BR from Chelsea days, his agent is at a company which employs Rodgers’ son. There is literally no excuse for not knowing how useless Bertrand would be and for putting him on such a high salary. 
When you add in the fact that Celtic fans are saying Rodgers’ reign followed a similar pattern, it beggars belief that some fans are disputing that poor recruitment is at the heart of our current problems. 

I’d argue with the point about Perez. I know he is unpopular with a lot of fans, but for his first two season here he was an almost ever present and it was his work that got the assist in the FA Cup final, so it’s not like he signed them and doesn’t want to use them. He’s played and played well.

As for Tielemans, no one has claimed that it was Brendan who recruited him, but if you’re looking at the balance sheet under Brendan then you have to include him.

Last season wasn’t great, there is no getting away from that, but I don’t think it’s as bad as people make out and last seasons four signings alone are not the reason we can’t sign anyone this season.

The problem is much deeper and whoever is responsible for negotiating contracts has big questions to answer imo.

Bertrand on his own, as an experienced back up player to replace Fuchs wasn’t the worst bit of business, especially on a free - however, the ridiculous amount he is being paid is a problem - who is it who takes the blame for that? Rodgers, Whelan, Rudkin… honestly I’m not sure, but whoever it is needs to be answering questions. 
Soumare and Vestergaard we’ve had offers around what we paid for them, but again it’s the ridiculous contracts their on, particularly Vestergaard that has prevented them leaving at no real cost to us.

Daka is an investment in replacing the GOAT.

• Like 1

Its not beyond Brendan,nor this squad,to get a good result from Chelsea.

These next two games,will help to pull us out of the mire,or put us fully in it…

We need 5 more games,to give us an idea how our season runs.

Another 5 to see if we have found a positive rythme to our game…

or just holding on.!

Plus the great escape season shown what can be done at the back end of the season…

unlike a few…( 600 fans) who take part in these polls,and post only negatives,& create depressive atmosphere..I will & prefer to concentrate on the football-season

and not the cretins soap-opera ball,chasing best pundits posts..

There is a new season ahead,I am curious & excited how it will run…the other load of shit created on this forum, is just waves of poignant,pathetic noise…

I am excited about the football & the games played on the field,

and not those off it,!! I am here to support & encourage the club & players who put

their heart behind the badge ,for 1 or more seasons. Contracts…now dont interest me,only how individuals & team perform.

lose win or draw, post debates over the game,I am only interested in game related incidents, and not the wail of pretend fans,who want to keep gnawing at the same

plastic bone..filling the forum with depressive vibes…

Wake up and support “The team”

keep finding someone to blame shows really a weird character trait…

probably a twist & phenomenon in this modern world…first look for the mistakes,before  & imprint those moments more,than the skillfull regular movement of the individual or your TEAM.

Why then go, it feels FT are formed into some

continuous weekly masochist-group gathering….poor lost souls..:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

- Theodore Roosevelt

• Like 1

Which ever way you look at it, be it Brendan’s short falls or the boards bad planning.  The success cycle that gave us a chair at the TOP TABLE is well and truly over.

It been a magnificent period in our history, the best. It has been a success cycle of the magnitude that was never supposed to happen when I took a shine to LCFC, never signed up for the success we have recently witnessed when choosing LCFC.

We are at a juncture, all we can do is support our LCFC and see how this failure cycle plays out.  

We as football fans live in a bubble of hope.  Let’s hope we can build new momentum and grow again.

Leicester till I die, I’m Leicester till I die, I know I am, for sure I am, I’m Leicester till I die!!

💙💙💙

Edited by blue blood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That’s not Rodgers problem. If he is the manager, he should have resources. Again, I’ll emphasis, I don’t want that crazy Southampton lover anywhere near the bank. However, if he is deemed not good enough or trusted to do the job, he shouldn’t be in. The reality is, this club has not signed a player of value all summer. When you think about that, it’s crazy for a mid-level football with obvious players wanting out to not do that. If you’re Rodgers, your naturally going to be downbeat. He doesn’t think he is shit. He didn’t sign for Leicester because we were his dream job and just wanted to coach the players. It’s progress for him. 

It is his problem when he inserts his own recruitment team, then they waste all our money on crap, to the point of us having to keep buying players because the last one his team bought wasn’t good enough. 

It’s beyond ridiculous we ended up with Mendy, Choudhury, Praet and Soumare seemingly all unwanted. 

He got backed last season, presumably because he said he really needed these players, when the club was losing lots of money due to covid. And he wasted the lot. 

Now really needs it again… the boy who cried wolf springs to mind. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m not disagreeing with you on any of your points, I agree completely that Rodgers is a massive problem. His recruitment and management  for at least the last 12 months has been incredibly poor. I would’ve had him out after the Forest game.

However, if he isn’t good enough - he shouldn’t be here. The fact we haven’t made any signings (apart from Smithies) is a disgrace. You can understand a manager being downbeat - again, he doesn’t believe he is shit. And at the start of the summer, I was probably in agreement with you, if Rodgers has ****ed it up before he should deal with what he has been given. However, surely you can see my point that a PL manager with no tools to improve his squad is going to be slightly less optimistic than usual. 

The board have also failed in the sense that we can’t compete with our competitors. Forget the top 6. With Palace. With Everton. With West Ham. It’s not on. The off field work is important but the fundamental product of this business is the first team and ALL aspects of the club are failing the product.

We could have sold Maddison or Fofana weeks ago to fund recruitment. That’s all we’ve done in other windows, we’ve never had huge amounts of cash sat around to spend, especially when we spend so much on wages compared to others. And before you say we shouldn’t, it’s that spending that’s has contributed to us outperforming other clubs regularly. 

So would you be happy with selling Fofana with what’s on offer and then buying a player or two? Again, that’s all we’ve done previously. 

18 minutes ago, Simoken said:

do you blame him? look at the state of this forum. reflects everything :ph34r:

The old joke went “the only thing wrong with the view from the Empire State Building is you can’t see the Empire State Building”.  BR has the opposite - he has no excuse to be depressed, because he’s the one person whose view doesn’t include Brendan Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sampson said:

Ermmm, I specifically said I think Rodgers should go, so I have no idea what your tangent has to do with anything, I just don't understand why people seem to be shifting everything on the manager and thinking the board aren't doing a lot wrong too and that realistically it's not suddenly all going to be well again when a new manager comes in, whoever they are still face a squad with a bloated wage bill and an inability to sign anyone, which is the fault of the board a lot more than it is Rodgers.

Not a tangent just an opinion. The buck stops with the manager always has and always will. Of course, there is nothing to stop him from resigning if he feels it's all the board's fault, but we all know he's not going to do that because he will lose the big payout. Despite the admittedly shortcomings of the financial side of the club, it is Rodgers's tactics and man management that have slowly strangled the life out of the team. His bizarre subs and now rather old-fashioned possession football has neutered any type of attacking football and bored the arse off the fans. While I agree it's not all his fault I'd say it's the majority of his fault. As for a new manager doing any better, well he couldn't do any worse at the moment than Rodgers. Dropping this silly possession Tippy Tappy negative cautious style of play would transform the team and take the shackles off. I still maintain the sooner he is gone the better we will be.

• Like 1