Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Getting relegated is an uncertain outcome. It's not a defined outcome nor is it a real prospect at this stage. No-one knows what will happen in the future. It's a gamble. You have to decide when to hold and when to fold and when to open your hand. And that depends on so many aspects. We don't know the inner thoughts of the Thai's. Only they know what the stakes are and what they see for the club going forward. They're the investors and owners. Ultimately they are extremely successful in business and LCFC like any other PL club, is a business. Profit and loss. They'll know what's financially worse in terms of paying/sacking BR vs relegation. I believe that they believe we won't be relegated. There's a long way to go. It's frankly scandalous that FT posters are writing us off so soon. I get the frustration and I feel it too but c'mon.

The writing off isn’t coming from the first games of this season, the stats all point to us being in a serious bad form. 

I can’t understand when all the facts point to one conclusion, they wouldn’t see the potential writing on the wall.

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Villa fans thinking (or maybe hoping) Gerrard is close to the sack, seen a few of them mention that they'd take Rodgers over him in a heartbeat

Hi can I have a Taxi, for a Mr B Rodgers from KP Stadium, to Villa Park please 👍

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

The writing off isn’t coming from the first games of this season, the stats all point to us being in a serious bad form. 

I can’t understand when all the facts point to one conclusion, they wouldn’t see the potential writing on the wall.

Maybe they do but at the end of the day it's a financial decision for them. We, as fans want the best, of course we do but ultimately it comes down to, often heartless, business decisions. They will always have the option to sell and walk away. Successful business people are ruthless in protecting their money. For all that the Thai's have given us, they could walk away tomorrow and move on to some other project. Do you think the investors in NUFC, MCFC, MUFC, et al, are really that passionate about football? Money, money money. Every time.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Any WhatsApp messages flying around tonight? Just for shits, giggles and abit of excitement if nothing else.

And making the bookies sweat and work*

Well I’ve been asked to make a pudding for tomorrow afternoon’s BBQ. Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just telling you what I’ve been asked to do

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Hi can I have a Taxi, for a Mr B Rodgers from KP Stadium, to Villa Park please 👍

Is that Car 69 for a pick up at Royal Gardens

Guest StevieLynex
7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Maybe they do but at the end of the day it's a financial decision for them. We, as fans want the best, of course we do but ultimately it comes down to, often heartless, business decisions. They will always have the option to sell and walk away. Successful business people are ruthless in protecting their money. For all that the Thai's have given us, they could walk away tomorrow and move on to some other project. Do you think the investors in NUFC, MCFC, MUFC, et al, are really that passionate about football? Money, money money. Every time.

It’s a rich man’s world

Guest StevieLynex
40 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Villa come and take Brendan off our hands and PAY us for it. I’ll happily speak in a Brummie accent for the next year. 

Awreet 

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I think the vast majority, if not all people calling for his sacking are basing it not on this this season opening games, but on the last 18Mths as well. 

Yes I know and agree it was more a reaction to people suggesting we were going to get relegated than about rodgers

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Villa come and take Brendan off our hands and PAY us for it. I’ll happily speak in a Brummie accent for the next year. 

It would be the absolute opposite feeling compared to when Judas made the pilgrimage to Villa 

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Listening to the talk sport post Villa match on way to work all those disgruntled Villa fans wanting Gerrard out and replacing with Pochettino who wants to come back to the Premier League, if we are going to replace Rodgers with anyone at the moment Poch is the top target for me he certainly has the pedigree to take us places so if we are and LCFC are falling out with Rodgers it’s time to give Poch a call before the Vile get in before us?? :please:

The problem wth Poch is one 3 game win streak and he'll be linked with whichever big 6 team is struggling. And if he does do a decent job he'll be gone before the next season starts.

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

The problem wth Poch is one 3 game win streak and he'll be linked with whichever big 6 team is struggling. And if he does do a decent job he'll be gone before the next season starts.

At least he'd leave us on a high though, players with their confidence back knowing how to get the best out of eachother, and no viable relegation danger. Maybe the next club would even buy him out of his contract! Imagine that right now!

6 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I doubt poch will be bothered about us or villa if he thinks we are in any kind of trouble this 

When Fofana leaves we could have a decent kitty for new players of around 50-60M. Can't see Villa having that much and his appointment may even convince Youri to stay. Stranger things have happened like Ancelotti going to Everton.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's publicly said he has the final say on ALL signings. 

Not getting much of a say this window is he?

Hes also said players aren't for sale when they are.

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can I just remind you all that a prem manager has NEVER been bought out of contract during the season to another prem club.

So people hoping villa will buy out Brendan and we will buy out potter/Frank are deluding themselves

Off the top of my head, what about Hoddle from Southampton to Spurs? That was mid season