Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Then keep showing positivity and approval in the only space where fans will be heard? 

Sounds a cracking idea

Stay after the game and make your voices heard if it doesn't happen Monday night! But before and during the game, back the team first and foremost. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

He’s just playing the game. He’s knows he’s going to be sacked but is pretending everything’s fine.

The only thing on Rodgers mind is ensuring he gets 100% of his termination payoff

God, must be great to have one of these.

Polish_20220930_161648235.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm not ruling out the possibility of Martinez managing us, I just think it would be a disaster. 

😩

‘Following his departure to Wigan, succeeding Swansea managers were chosen to suit the style of football Martínez had developed, such as Brendan Rodgers, Michael Laudrup, and Graham Potter.[75][76][78] Martínez also implemented a similar possession-based style of play at Wigan and Everton to varying degrees of success’ 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yeah this grated on me too. Fans aren't the issue here. We'll give the backing to the team for sure. Just not him. 

He's set that one up to basically say post-match that we didn't back them enough or made the players nervous (!!!) if we don't win. 

It works both ways, the team on the pitch need to show something for the fans to get behind.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pedro02 said:

Stay after the game and make your voices heard if it doesn't happen Monday night! But before and during the game, back the team first and foremost. 

I think we've got a middle point here.

Alternate between a positive chant for the team and then a negative anti Rodgers chant.

Have we got a deal? :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro02 said:

What's actually wrong with what he said there? 

He's right, let's all get behind the lads and make some positive noise Monday night! 

This could be a real turning point in our season and a night we look back on as "where it all changed for the better". 

If it doesn't happen on the pitch then by all means vent your frustrations, but let's be positive going into it. We need to win this. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yeah this grated on me too. Fans aren't the issue here. We'll give the backing to the team for sure. Just not him. 

He's set that one up to basically say post-match that we didn't back them enough or made the players nervous (!!!) if we don't win. 

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Unbelievable! He really is deluded.

What they said @Pedro02

I’m going off what’s gone before, throwing people under the bus tactics, “the fans made the players nervous”.

No, no, telling the players to play in such a negative style, constantly putting them under pressure and playing nonsense football is what makes the players nervous.

Play them to their strengths.

But nah, it’s the fans making the players nervous. :rolleyes: 

If we have this opinion of him, I don’t care what Danny Simpson says, the players must. Everyone is sick and tired of his pre made excuses, throwing people under the bus - amongst many other things.

Edited by Matt

Our managers a **** who should’ve gone 6 months ago. However, we are led by morons too. Talking about sustainability and they can’t even sustain where we were 3 years ago. Let’s build a hotel though, right. 

Never been this annoyed with this club, ever. Even in the 10 years of utter shit in the championship - even after Taylor nearly destroyed us. I can’t stand the lot we currently have. They’ve cocked up a golden hen.

Its ok, we will get beer, water and a ****ing donut on Monday.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No, no, Brendan, look we don’t wanna stand in your way of per suing your ambition of an international job. 

...you just know which job he is after,  Belgium,  just like the clubs he likes to walk into, everything is in place!!!

Martinez is just such a waste, and I really hope he comes nowhere near this club.

Actually thought Rodgers sounded alot more positive and determined in this press conference than he has all season. Didn't bite at Jason Bourne's questions like he has done before either. People trying to spin quotes about international management and what he said about the fans have taken them completely out of context. I'm as  surprised as anyone he's still here and I'm sceptical he can turn it around but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you just know which job he is after,  Belgium,  just like the clubs he likes to walk into, everything is in place!!!

Martinez is just such a waste, and I really hope he comes nowhere near this club.

Ruffled some feathers if so.