Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah but I'd say if they liked the manager and the football they'd be tempted to stay. Puel got loads of players signing new contracts. This lot want to get out the door asap.

I speculated a while back the players not signing new contracts was possibly a sign of a lack of faith in the manager.  Glad someone else now is thinking the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

This is a massive false flag I think. I highly doubt the Champions League money would’ve been enough to make a difference. We’d have gone in as 4th seeds and likely crashed out in the groups, it wouldn’t be like 2017.

Maccabi Haifa, FC Copenhagen or even Rangers or Celtic are hardly rolling in it just for making the CL groups a few times, are they? Losing in the groups in the CL doesn’t bring in *that* much more than reaching the latter stages of the EL/Conf.L.

Ultimately our wage bill was unsustainably big for a club of our size. I don’t think 1 or 2 seasons in the CL groups would change that.

Rangers and Celtic don't get premiership money. If we had got a Champions league spot those two seasons and got to the last 16 (big if I know) then that would have generated £60m. That's what we owe now and why Fofana had to go.

10 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Rangers and Celtic don't get premiership money. If we had got a Champions league spot those two seasons and got to the last 16 (big if I know) then that would have generated £60m. That's what we owe now and why Fofana had to go.

lol mate Fofana would still have left.

We didn’t have much choice on that one. 

46 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If only these tweets were true :(

Brendan Rodgers sacked as Leicester manager. #LCFC

ZLlOPKGQ_x96.jpg

Brendan Rodgers HAS been sacked as Leicester City manager. Announcement imminent. #LCFC #Foxes

Are these defo bullsh1t?

36 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Good point. Champions league money is utterly massive for us, just for qualifying we can expect to make around £40m when you add in gate receipts. For context we get £3.5m or somewhere around that figure for prize money and TV rights for winning the SPFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Good point. Champions league money is utterly massive for us, just for qualifying we can expect to make around £40m when you add in gate receipts. For context we get £3.5m or somewhere around that figure for prize money and TV rights for winning the SPFL.

Only speculation but BR  could be gone tonight so I've been informed, not sure how true this is though. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

But far more likely than not we wouldn’t have made the last 16 given our seedlings. 

And that £60mil isn’t subtracting the money we actually got for getting to the knockout stages of the EL and Conference League.

We’d probably have made about an extra £30mil or something if we’d made the CL in both seasons and that’s about it. Not a small amount but it wouldn’t have had a particularly huge impact on the current state of the club I don’t think.

Edited by Sampson

11 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Only speculation but BR  could be gone tonight so I've been informed, not sure how true this is though. 

If your informants have anything to do with the two Twitter accounts at the top of this page, you’ve been had..

If we can't afford to sack him and he obviously won't resign maybe our best hope is that things improve enough for another club to come in for him. Not a huge improvement in case the club decide to try and keep hold of him, but enough of an improvement for a club like Wolves, Villa etc to see him as a good option that they may be able to get on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If only these tweets were true :(

Brendan Rodgers sacked as Leicester manager. #LCFC

ZLlOPKGQ_x96.jpg

Brendan Rodgers HAS been sacked as Leicester City manager. Announcement imminent. #LCFC #Foxes

If bloody only!!