Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

A midfielder who is oozing confidence with both assists and goals. 

A midfielder who is apparently being touted by Arsenal and Barcelona.

A defender who has vast PL experience, including a league win.

International full backs.

International CDMs previously linked with the who's who in european football.

Two international strikers and a ****ing GOAT. 

And you piece of dog muck think 40 points is "where we are". 

I told you lot. We dont just need to sack him, someone needs to shag his wife. Get on it. 

Ranieri said the same thing, the following season after our league win, and people lapped it up.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Ranieri said the same thing, the following season after our league win, and people lapped it up.

And that was the absolute right target for Leicester City in 2015-2016. Absolutely right. Even by Christmas, we were sat top and not one of us truly, without a doubt believed we'd go the entire way. There was a fear of a collapse because it was a team who recently came up AND survived the season before. 

Saying it this season is stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, the difference being that was a side that was expected to go down and they were galvanised.

This is a side expected to be top half (minimum) who were told they are only good enough to be aiming for 40 points...

Edit - I misread, my head is popping at his quotes.

Edited by Craig

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

And that was the absolute right target for Leicester City in 2015-2016. Absolutely right. Even by Christmas, we were sat top and not one of us truly, without a doubt believed we'd go the entire way. There was a fear of a collapse because it was a team who recently came up AND survived the season before. 

Saying it this season is stupid. 

I meant in 16-17 he said it.

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Please tell me these comments are fake. 40 points?!? OK we didn't strengthen over the summer but why would anyone in their right mind set a points target of 40 when you've just finished the previous season 8th having had a majority of your best players out through injury most of the season. No wonder we are where we are if this is the manager's aspiration with arguably our best ever squad. The guy's an absolute clown who is bringing everyone down and this needs addressing ASAP. The sooner he's gone the better. 

This is certainly not our "best ever squad " and is overrated on here and by the media. However we are better than bottom place . This for the most part is Rodgers but the players themselves should take a good look at themselves because with a few exceptions they are not earning their pay.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf we've won the FA Cup and Community Sheild under his management, so I can see how neutrals don't understand. They don't watch us every week and they won't take notice of results over a longer period. It's a bit of a pain and similar to the Ranieri situation, even though he would have taken us down. I even saw one post today along the lines of "they sacked Ranieri so what do you expect".

Yeah i get so tired of the Ranieri stuff. No one wanted it to end the way it did but i still think that's the most i've ever seen a manger lose the plot. Brendan included. The whole idea that if we hadn't won the league the year before he'd have kept his job was laughable. He'd have been gone after 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

Just now, Craig said:

Yeah, the difference being that was a side that was expected to go down and they were galvanised.

This is a side expected to be top half (minimum) who were told they are only good enough to be aiming for 40 points...

I meant he said it after we won the league and people lapped it up. It was shit then as it is now. We're not a club that should be aiming for 40 points, never. Only time I will accept that is our first back after promotion.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

This is certainly not our "best ever squad " and is overrated on here and by the media. However we are better than bottom place . This for the most part is Rodgers but the players themselves should take a good look at themselves because with a few exceptions they are not earning their pay.

Yeah the midfield is possibly the best we have had, but goalkeeper and defence isn’t even close to what we had under O’Neill and recently when we won the title 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i’m starting to have the same emotions with rodgers as I did with Trump. Awful person that makes you more angry everytime they speak yet you know you are stuck with them until the end of their term. 

The world will be a nice place again once he’s gone 

He seems to have power over the owner, he is just putting spin on everything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Owner should be stronger.

Very true, can’t help but feel if Vichai was around this wouldn’t go on like this. Of course I respect Top and yes it is certainly difficult to have taken on such a rule much sooner than he would have expected. Hopefully he does the right thing if things don’t change 

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Always felt that was part of the downfall in trust with the players. Team wins the league and you start calling their ambition out as survival 

• Like 1

When I have felt that Leicester should have gotten rid of their manager, it has usually happened pretty quickly after that point thankfully. Certainly with Claude Puel (after Palace 1-4 at home), Shakey, Ranieri together with the disasterous series of performance and management turnovers we had in 2000s Peter Taylor, Craig Levein, Rob Kelly, Worthington, Allen, Holloway etc. all happened fairly in my point of view. 

So what's changed with Rodgers? We're charging towards a massive precipice should we go down, the last nine results and performances have been collectively worse than any of those managers who were sacked above. To say it's money related must be wrong. We'll lose over half of our income, and we wont be able to pay our costs (player wages etc.) if we go down. 

Time for the trust in Brendan is up now. He has to go after the Palace game, whatever the result.

• Like 2

12 months later.

Journo: So Brendan, what do you make of your side’s poor start to the championship?

Brendan: Well, with all due respect, when I had first heard of Leicester city, this was a club that was just excited to be battling for promotion to the premier league. Now that we’re at the bottom of the championship, it’s only natural that fans miss fighting for the play-offs at the upper end of the table. In the end, getting relegated from the premier league was always a tough ask with our resources, I think that the fans have become accustomed to that over achievement.

• Haha 1