Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Vazman said:

Top's message, going into this match against Southampton should be simple, Win, or your gone, surely he has to be at that stage with him, he must know he is under performing, with what he has got, players, facilities etc, and the kings ransom of a wage. 

Think that should be for every game until the end

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Readily available managers from Europe. 
Marcelino

Gattuso 

Farve 

Hutter 

Gallardo

Bordalas

Bosz 

Villas Boas 

I know Gallardo isn’t from Europe but any of the above would get more out of this team than Rodgers. That’s what frustrates me more than anything. 
Add Slot, Fischer, Glasner,  Genesio and Svensson in jobs  and there’s plenty out there to look at.  

...you tell this to the crowd at the games, you will most likely find they have never heard of any of them!!!

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Like staying loyal to your wife after she's been caught sucking your mates knob at the same time as having your boss take a shit on her chest. 

Wow, what did you say? That's awful

/

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Watched back the Blackburn highlights again. The persistence with playing out from the back despite knowing full well that he doesn’t have the personnel to do so is so ill judged. The obsession with playing out from the back in nauseating at times. 

He bought those players, to play that style, that's the bigger problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Watched back the Blackburn highlights again. The persistence with playing out from the back despite knowing full well that he doesn’t have the personnel to do so is so ill judged. The obsession with playing out from the back in nauseating at times. 

this has always been my problem with b-ren, he's an ideologue, he fancies himself as a professorial academic, and he will sacrifice everything, including results, on the altar of his own ego.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Don’t let the fact he only bought one of the back 4 get in the way of a good story.

Talk about mental gymnastics :whistle:

Ricardo - is the most talented ‘footballer’ we have amongst our defensive players.

Faes - is obviously the one you are referring to

Thomas - wasn’t signed at all as a youth prospect but brought through by Rodgers and has been playing his entire professional career to date under him so saying his wasn’t signed by him is not really the claim you think it is!

Amartey - yep fair enough. But why is he still playing him?

Edited by LCFCJohn

9 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Fair play to you, for watching that crap again, and trying  to make sense of it, I never want to see anything from that match or the Arsenal game ever again, the problem is, it isn't isolated either, so many matches I dont want to see ever again, this season quite telling really.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Talk about mental gymnastics :whistle:

Ricardo - is the most talented ‘footballer’ we have amongst our defensive players.

Faes - is obviously the one you are referring to

Thomas - wasn’t signed at all as a youth prospect but brought through by Rodgers and has been playing his entire professional career to date under him so saying his wasn’t signed by him is not really the claim you think it is!

Amartey - yep fair enough. But why is he still playing him?

Not really mental gymnastics, the quote was ‘he’s bought those players, to play that style, that’s the bigger concern’ - which like most of the guff on this page is just factually incorrect.

There is a lot to be unhappy about with BR at the moment, but so much people are getting worked up about is completely made up. I think this is one of the main reasons FoxesTalk appears to be at a disconnect with the thinking of supporters that don’t go on here.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not really mental gymnastics, the quote was ‘he’s bought those players, to play that style, that’s the bigger concern’ - which like most of the guff on this page is just factually incorrect.

There is a lot to be unhappy about with BR at the moment, but so much people are getting worked up about is completely made up. I think this is one of the main reasons FoxesTalk appears to be at a disconnect with the thinking of supporters that don’t go on here.

Maybe factually correct though as I say, at best really it’s 2 and 2 with Thomas.

Four years on though it’s his team in his image and his responsibility.

If Amartey and Thomas are seemingly not capable of playing out from the back, why persist with that as the plan?

Look I get playing them as they are part of the squad and cup rotation etc. But have a plan B, these errors with these players happen time and time again and nothing change. I thought Blackburn looked much more comfortable playing out from the back than we did but that could have been because our attacking press was non existent so they had all the time in the world….

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

This.

We bounced because we had players not “Rodgered” yet. Some training sessions thereafter, with Rodgers wanting to “fix” the “problems” as he wants more “control” in the “modern” game, they have regressed, already.

So when we win its down to the players but when we lose its down to Rodgers? 

9 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why punish yourself my friend?

The season we won the league I cashed out my 5000/1 bet after Jon Moss sent off Vardy.
It dawned on me that the title could be taken out of our hands through no fault of our own and dodgy decisions could scupper the lot despite playing out of our skins. 
I have that feeling again with BR in charge; We could have the best squad in the world but he would still play the wrong team or tactics etc and throw away valuable points that should easily be in the bag 

Here’s hoping he gets it right in the run-in! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Potter will be available soon, would take him for sure. 

Absolutely 💯 percent would take him. He has short comings, they don't call him xGraham Potter for no reason. But I still rate him as a coach. Chelsea are a shambolic club. 

10 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It’s the fact that we were so arrogant to believe that we didn’t need to mix it up because they are a championship club - in the PL we do sometimes play it long (although it irks the coach when we do) but iverson was never going to go off script in the first half whilst we weren’t behind.  
we lost on Tuesday because the coach hadn’t got into the players heads that Blackburn were a threat - tbh, it reminded me of the gillingham game in that respect. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Koke said:

Absolutely 💯 percent would take him. He has short comings, they don't call him xGraham Potter for no reason. But I still rate him as a coach. Chelsea are a shambolic club. 

He has done very little to justify all this praise. His sides don't score goals and this is clearly a managerial short coming of his. I imagine the Chelsea gig has inflated his expected salary too. Much, much better options out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nod.E said:

My experience has been that most that are Rodgers in are mostly casual fans. 

They haven't really been on the journey of the past few years. Not properly. 

They still see Leicester as the plucky underdogs, the yo-yo team, the overachievers. They haven't fully engaged, so their view of us as a club is the default.

They never dared to dream about how we might establish ourselves as regular challengers for top 6. 

Because we're just Leicester and 'isn't amazing all this success we've been having?'

But we're just Leicester. It'll all be over soon and we should be thankful to even be in the Premier League. 

They'll often patronise you for not enjoying it. That somehow we should be thankful for 60% possession, 0 xG and spineless performance after spineless performance. Because we're only Leicester. IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, who'd have thought it, eh?

They're casual fans. They don't care. The same people will call it inevitable if we do go down and they still won't be Rodgers out because he won us the FA Cup.

The like of Lineker projecting this "Leicester back to being Leicester" narrative helps this view as well.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

The like of Lineker projecting this "Leicester back to being Leicester" narrative helps this view as well.

Lineker really pisses me off when he’s pushing that narrative on MOTD all the time.

• Like 2