Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Translation - it was the players fault again that we didn’t get a draw against a free falling Palace managed by an old man fresh out of retirement. 

Distilled translation - “not my fault”

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Can't really say more than what so many of us have been saying all season. 

I have no idea what he is doing, his tactics are making no sense and he seems either oblivious to the position we are in or simply doesn't care. He's not getting the best out of those around him (either the players or the coaching staff), and every single individual regresses under his watch. He needs to get out of the game and rediscover what got him into management in the first place. The game has left him behind, and he needs to get back to basics and move with the times or take a different role in the game.

Today, he played his version of Brendan ball where he tries not to lose, and maybe nick a result. Against Palace. With both teams in a relegation scrap. The setup was mind boggling, and it all points to him. Its awful to watch. I don't know what it is but its not football.

We've left it far too late to get rid of him. Should have been done after Spurs or Brighton following his 'being backed' meltdown which has shaped our entire season. I've said countless times i'm insanely jealous of what Villa did and the appointment Brighton made. But we are going down with him, so lets just get it done and put Knudsen in for the Villa game. Lets change it and try something else because this rot is simply horrible to watch. If we go down, go down with a fight, not passing sideways waiting for opportunities to present themselves.

We have tickets for the Villa game. When we bought them we thought the game was going to be 'el sackio'. Unbelievable to think how different things are right now compared to back then. One club in control of the situation, the other looking completely rudderless. 

I really can't bear going Tuesday and seeing him walk out with the team. He doesn't deserve it, and we don't deserve to watch it.

1 hour ago, lcfcjosh said:

I was the one today who made the Rodger’s banner you might have seen at Palace , to those who think that’s wrong , I hope you give your head a wobble 

the club is dying 

Great posts, he’s been well paid, if he had any decency he’d resign, but let’s be honest he won’t.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

if they decide to sack the coach then they have to enter negotiations re severance 

We're well past that now. That was earlier in the season logic. 

It's now at the point of pay whatever you ****ing need to get the the bloke out quicksmart. 

And with it ultimately being Top's money. This is the least he deserves at this point. 

Screenshot_20230401_234842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2cd73627c52e5f7e1740fac8f82786a.jpg

Is it worth getting excited? I know markets move with little money but surely only someone with inside knowledge would bet money on old Teflon tits getting the sack by his best buddy. 

Or is it just that its even dawning on the outside world that it should be inevitable. Don't they realise a free beer and cake will remind us which side our bread is buttered.

Edited by gw_leics772

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Screenshot_20230401_234842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2cd73627c52e5f7e1740fac8f82786a.jpg

Is it worth getting excited? I know markets move with little money but surely only someone with inside knowledge would bet money on old Teflon tits getting the sack by his best buddy. 

Or is it just that its even dawning on the outside world that it should be inevitable. Don't they realise a free beer and cake will remind us which side our bread is buttered.

Meaningless really. Sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I chose to not read any posts or look at bbc/sky post match until now. Why the f has he not gone yet. Top grow some bloody balls and do what needs to be done. I'm not more angry at Top than BR. He's never going to walk, Top needs to pull his finger out of his ass and do the right thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Twitcher said:

31 shots to 3; 10 corners to one and BR doesn't feel we deserved what happened. Deluded. We were lucky to get nothing Brendan!!

.... Just out of interest..... 

What's less than nothing? 

7 hours ago, LestaAl said:

I wanted him gone at 300 pages, perhaps I was just a bit ahead of things. 
Now it’s time for the board to step up.

This could be a whole new thread! Now at 2,000 more pages. The man is not the type to make anything of a relegation scrap 

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

.... Just out of interest..... 

What's less than nothing? 

1) What we deserved.

2) The chances of Rodgers being sacked.

3) The likelihood we stay up.

Edited by Twitcher

How can anyone not be annoyed by his suggestions the game was close today. Just watching the highlights alone and it’s obvious how much better they were. I don’t think we had another highlight after the goal. We then gave the goal away in same way as Spurs. This was a genuine relegation 6 pointer and we didn’t (again) show up! 

Rodgers, the fans who back him, the owner, his board all of them absolute parasites on this club. 

If you have any ounce of support left for this man then please do us all a favour and **** off and support cov, we're a mess from top to bottom but don't worry guys we were playing Yeovil a few years ago so can't complain. Spineless fan base full of people just on a day trip because it's a routine doesn't keep teams up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

It’s not worth looking at the odds, all that would have happened is we slip into the bottom 3 and a few more people have put their money on him to go.

Odds are purely dictated by the bookies minimising their losses. 
If West Ham lose tomorrow I would imagine Moyes odds would be similar by Monday morning.

28 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Getting nothing and Brendan still being the manager for the foreseeable future 

Brendan managing us to a mid-table Championship season next year (a very real possibility).

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

How can anyone not be annoyed by his suggestions the game was close today. Just watching the highlights alone and it’s obvious how much better they were. I don’t think we had another highlight after the goal. We then gave the goal away in same way as Spurs. This was a genuine relegation 6 pointer and we didn’t (again) show up! 

Rodgers, the fans who back him, the owner, his board all of them absolute parasites on this club. 

And the fact they have been the only team as rank as us since the World Cup and yet played us of the park.

we are ****ed

3 hours ago, shiv said:

The fact there is zero media talk of him being under pressure is an utter disgrace. He’s got them eating out of the palm of his hands. 

There's plenty tbf. People have shared the stuff on here from the Telegraph & Independent calling him out. Phone in shows and preview shows on radio mentioned it too.

Talk Sport were on about it on Friday, him and Moyes. Simon Jordan called him the Henry Kissinger of football management, talking politics to cover up his own inadequacies and hasn't been the right man for the job since Forest away last year. As ever with the press, if he was managing a London club or someone top 6, he'd have had a lot more heat but the fact is, even in the podcast age, provincial clubs don't get the spotlight shone on them.