Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Remember, this is the guy who once criticised us for being 3-0 up at half time.

Shows his mentality.

Swear this was the last truly complete half of football we played.

We've had some good wins here and there but we truly blew them away and he popped the handbrake on.

8 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I just find it bizarre that as soon as we score, the team go into their shell, are they being coached that way because if they are we don't have the players to play that way.

Absolutely. They look scared and confused. And then the managers reaction is to change system to something they look even less comfortable with!

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It’s been largely wank under him bar a cup run and a spell or two. The Irish Megson. 

Wow, I think he should go but this is harsh! 

Deserves credit for the FA Cup win, when we beat four PL sides on the way and mixing it up with the big six for so long. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Only recently came across him really, he's really snuck under the radar for me and most fans it seems? Looks a real talent. 

He seems to burn through emotionally and mentally quicker than most.

He was good.

But he’s wanted out since at least last Jan.

And we’re left to deal with his numerous downsides.

How long do we have to suffer a stale manager who wants out?

It seems increasingly clear the board want him out. I have more loyalty to Top, Rudkin and Whelan.

• Like 1

He won us the fa cup and that's amazing it really is.  But all I remember him for apart from that is a catastrophic collapse at the end of his first full season to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for a Champions League spot.  And then, almost impossibly, doing the same thing again the following season.

Since then, he's gotten progressively worse and now we've hit rock bottom and all fingers are pointing at him.  And the reason it's his fault is either because he isn't intelligent enough to see what we can all see, or he's too stubborn to change despite getting bad result after bad result.   Whichever it is is a precarious situation to be in.

Top, if you are reading this, just fire the guy!  We are going nowhere but down with him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wow, I think he should go but this is harsh! 

Deserves credit for the FA Cup win, when we beat four PL sides on the way and mixing it up with the big six for so long. 

When you boil it down that’s what it is. We embellish most of his tenure. It’s been mostly mediocre, especially when you count in the turgid European campaigns. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

In terms of style and man management, no different to Puel. 

We need to move completely away from this dated style of football - no more possession obsessive coaches 

I don’t think a possession style is the issue. The most successful teams in the world keep possession. Rodgers just doesn’t know what he’s doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

He was provided with funds last summer and who did he bring in? The jury is still out on Daka to some extent but other than that, the rest have contributed very little in the way of positive performances. He himself is to blame for that. Other players like Soy and Ndidi have gone from being £50m~ players to players not a lot of good sides would take for free on the wages they’re on. 

That's the point I'm making. Who negotiated the ridiculous wages that our players seem to be paid, which is making it so difficult to move them on. I'm not making excuses for Rodgers but I doubt it was him.

I want him out as well by the way