Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Winsum said:

I think he should go but the reality have we the cash to end his contract and all his backroom staff

Will he walk away from circa £10 million a year I don’t think so

You find the cash before he drags us down.

Players want him gone

Fans want him gone

He doesn't want to be here

So why is he still here?

I'm kind of thinking the only silver lining and every cloud has one is that we have a whole season to prepare ourselves for the pain of being relegated.

Just now, WinslowFox said:

Players want him gone

Fans want him gone

He doesn't want to be here

So why is he still here?

I'm kind of thinking the only silver lining and every cloud has one is that we have a whole season to prepare ourselves for the pain of being relegated.

The clause he has. He won’t leave and give up that money and we’ll all be outraged knowing we spent 15m on that versus a center half 

Our demise is 100% not all down to Rodgers, there's a systemic issue at the club wherein I feel like we got suckered into thinking we had made it as an almost permanent fixture in the hunt for Europe and so decided that we could bank on a constant stream of European money to offset allowing for ridiculous wages for peripheral players. That's the only explanation I can think of for spaffing 80k on Vestergaard etc, that we assumed we were too big and too good to not get Europe. The recruitment as well in general has been shambolic, to not sign a right winger after Mahrez left ages ago is criminal. To sign a load of players as cover who were never good enough for us on inflated wages and not improve the first 11 is similarly ridiculous. We've left our old business model behind and just made a catastrophe of recent transfer windows and it feels like there's been no real plan behind the scenes for addressing where in the squad we needed reinforcements, instead seemingly just buying a new CM every season to bloat the squad with when the last one makes no impact or is ignored and making panic decisions. The decisions on contracts as well is borderline horrific, to potentially be allowing Tielemans to leave on either cut price or even free, to be allowing Maddison to run his contract down currently - if I were him I'd be looking around and thinking Leicester is a sinking ship and never in a million years signing a new deal, unless it came with a release clause.    

However, as much as most of that isn't on Rodgers, what absolutely is is the sheer pitiful mentality that the team has, and let's be frank, has had for years now. The constant set piece issues, the bottling leads, the lack of fight, the fact we create bugger all in games and have to rely on Maddison to belt a free kick in or KDH to smash one in from long-range in order to even score goals, the fact that serviceable players like Soyuncu, Iheanacho have been unceremoniously dropped for no reason when clearly their alternatives are performing worse, the fact that we can't even create a chance from open play in 90 minutes at home to Southampton, the remarks in the press about Leicester being overachievers, being content with relegation battles before he came in as if we hadn't just finished top half under Puel and won the league beforehand, his baffling tactical changes and lack of subs against Brentford and then complaining about fatigue after we draw from 2-0 up. 

The fact of the matter is that Rodgers is not solely at fault for our decline, though I understand the need to act as if he is, but at the end of the day there's only one method which could help us recover some semblance of form imo, and that's changing the manager. Heads need to roll beyond that, but if we don't sack Rodgers then we look likely to sink like a stone this season, and getting any semblance of a shift in mood and feeling around and inside the club is now vital, and it's abundantly clear from where I am that Rodgers, for as good a manager as he is at his best, cannot arrest a slump like this.      

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Also talking some mythical amazing 60 minutes where we didn't have a shot bar a worldie. Deluded. 

Hes obsessed with possession.

If we had 100% possession passing between our keeper and CBs he would call it an amazing performance.

16 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Rodgers sweating like the proverbial minority on a sexual assault charge in his post match interview here. 

Fingers crossed he knows he's done for.

What did he say can’t be doing with his boring same old same old bullshit.