Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I am done even having a go at the players - all of it is on Rodgers for me now.

I think this is clear, he has created his own problems by having no faith in the players available and just banging on about lack of funds and needing to buy. That is clearly going to have an impact on morale with in the dressing room. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

Guest itude
9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Theres still quite a few one here that staunchly defend him. They usually wait until 48 hours after a bad result before spouting their pro Brendan bollocks.

Yeah, I note their current absence with interest, but no surprise

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Our EL campaign was an embarrassment, let’s be realistic  

That's why I said a laugh. Because that's all it was. The fact we ended up in that competition was a failure that started when chucking away another lead in the opening game.

Brendan is playing a game with the board though....he knows he won't get sacked so is making a few subtle (and not so subtle) statements about the lack of backing and having to work with this group. He's in a win win situation in all of this 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s been two years since we signed anyone to improve our first team. 

Is it that surprising that we are regressing? 

He needs to go, but it’s far from the only problem we have. 

This is true.

But at the same time it's largely the same team that for 74 gameweeks were in the top 4.

Lack of investment doesn't turn a team with those levels into one that is being talked about as potential relegation candidates.

It's negligence from the management team, pure and simple. Clubs have identified our weaknesses and we're doing nothing to stop it, meanwhile our entire team lacks confidence and drive.

Get him out of the club, he's poisoning it from the core.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Would cost us a lot more if we was relegated mate! 

Oh I agree, but if we sack him the loss of cash is a certainty, if we don’t sack him getting relegated is not a certainty… even if it feels like we are in significant danger. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

This man has been awful for virtually a whole year. The players have given up, his substitutions and input on player signings are completely shocking. We are going backwards, we cannot hold a lead. I am Sick of his poor excuses, the owners need to step up and remove this clown immediately. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s been two years since we signed anyone to improve our first team. 

Is it that surprising that we are regressing? 

He needs to go, but it’s far from the only problem we have. 

I'm convinced that with a reasonably competent replacement the performance of the same players (plus those he's sidelined) will improve immediately he's gone. 

I can only imagine the mentality of our players at the moment. If you play your heart out on the pitch, but hampered by the role he's assigned you and the system he imposes on you (whether it suits you or not), and then you see his match decisions throwing it all away, surely you get disheartened and disenchanted with him, and he won't be able to inspire or re-energise you with his words.

I would be surprised if he's respected by the players now, and I would imagine that they are following him in one respect... just going through the motions.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The bloke is an absolute Fraud. He has clearly lost the players and his pathetic tactics are fooling nobody. He is surely finished in the Premier League.

Haha,  how has he lost the players? Quite clearly they were playing for him today,that was evident from the stands. Care to provide some wisdom on how he has lost the players? And why his tactics were incorrect today? 

I have been a massive supporter of BR. But following today, I am now abstaining from all this negativity on him. Top and Susan will sort this out. Rudders is culpable. If not, what does he do??

I hope the Club we love gets moving forward!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

This is true.

But at the same time it's largely the same team that for 74 gameweeks were in the top 4.

Lack of investment doesn't turn a team with those levels into one that is being talked about as potential relegation candidates.

It's negligence from the management team, pure and simple. Clubs have identified our weaknesses and we're doing nothing to stop it, meanwhile our entire team lacks confidence and drive.

Get him out of the club, he's poisoning it from the core.

I agree, but even when he goes we need to do something about this squad. We have a good first 11 on paper but the squad is fat, bloated, overpaid and unmotivated. 

Our tactical system (and our collective mentality) is complete shite and that is all on Rodgers. We excel at conceding quality chances, we are bad at creating them for ourselves, and that is despite playing two sides with significantly worse squads and worse first choice XIs than ours, on paper.  

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, BigMicky said:

Haha,  how has he lost the players? Quite clearly they were playing for him today,that was evident from the stands. Care to provide some wisdom on how he has lost the players? And why his tactics were incorrect today? 

Why his tactics were incorrect? I'd saying losing to a dogshit Southampton at home might be a start. Yeah brilliant tactics Brendan.

So just a quick update...

Puel’s final 10 games included:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Southampton at home

Lost to 2 promoted sides

Lost to Newport away, a League Two side, in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Our first 12 games includes:

4 games against the big 6 - 0 points from 1 game so far

Lost to Southampton at home

2 of the promoted sides

*Stockport away, a League Two side, in the cup

Palace at home for the 12th game

A League Two side away in the cup up next :ph34r:

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I'm convinced that with a reasonably competent replacement the performance of the same players (plus those he's sidelined) will improve immediately he's gone. 

I can only imagine the mentality of our players at the moment. If you play your heart out on the pitch, but hampered by the role he's assigned you and the system he imposes on you (whether it suits you or not), and then you see his match decisions throwing it all away, surely you get disheartened and disenchanted with him, and he won't be able to inspire or re-energise you with his words.

I would be surprised if he's respected by the players now, and I would imagine that they are following him in one respect... just going through the motions.

100% agree

• Thanks 1