Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

It will be messy, but he will go if there is not upturn in fortunes, the club hierarchy obviously feel the squad is talented enough for a top 10 finish.  It is only a matter of who blinks first, Rodgers seems to hold all the cards, but will he wait to be tainted with a relegation scrap, will his massive ego allow it? 

He won't be tainted though. The media are already saying that Rodgers has been let down by the owners  by not being backed, and he could do alot better for himself.  Rodgers got his excuses in early. He plays the media very well in terms of looking after his own image. If he was to walk, unlikely I know, then the media will say they don't blame "Brendan", as he wasnt given the backing, and he hadn't signed up for that.  If he is sacked the media will be in uproar, and absolutely slaughter the owners for having the audacity to sack "Brendan" when they hadn't backed him, and what else did they expect him to achieve.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

He won't be tainted though. The media are already saying that Rodgers has been let down by the owners  by not being backed, and he could do alot better for himself.  Rodgers got his excuses in early. He plays the media very well in terms of looking after his own image. If he was to walk, unlikely I know, then the media will say they don't blame "Brendan", as he wasnt given the backing, and he hadn't signed up for that.  If he is sacked the media will be in uproar, and absolutely slaughter the owners for having the audacity to sack "Brendan" when they hadn't backed him, and what else did they expect him to achieve.

It was the same with Claudio at the time but ultimately proved the correct decision.

9 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Haha,  how has he lost the players? Quite clearly they were playing for him today,that was evident from the stands. Care to provide some wisdom on how he has lost the players? And why his tactics were incorrect today? 

Because just as he has had us do for a long long time now we're leading with an hour to go and we suddenly change shape and defend our 18 yard line. Conceding all the momentum we had in the game until that moment and allow the opposition to just throw wave after wave of attack at us. Its not a one off. Its every single time. That's why his tactics are wrong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kopic said:

He makes me hate football. Usually I'd be watching the evening game now but I've stuck The Hundred on, times are bad.

Correct choice old son.  Watching Arsenal destroy Bournemouth was depressing.  Desire and quality all over the park, and a manager who seems to give a sh1t.  And the subs bench 😭

If Tudor is on comms for the Hundred I'm about to become even more depressed. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because just as he has had us do for a long long time now we're leading with an hour to go and we suddenly change shape and defend our 18 yard line. Conceding all the momentum we had in the game until that moment and allow the opposition to just throw wave after wave of attack at us. Its not a one off. Its every single time. That's why his tactics are wrong. 

His tactics were not the reason we were defending so deep. We had outlets,  there was no composure from the back 4 at this time and they choose to hoof it clear. That's a player issue not managerial. Evans fell off a cliff after 65 minutes. 

One of the best starts to a managerial career here, and yet one of the worst downturn in performances and results too. Will always be known for the FA cup win. Thanks and move on.

I don't think it will cost as much as we fear to remove him. Place on gardening leave, Villa / Everton could both be after a new manager before the World Cup. There might be some fees to make up with his wages but surely can not be close to 20/30million. The whole club needs a change. New manager will have potentially 50-100million to spend after the World Cup with Fofana and Tielemans leaving. We still have some very good players here. Great training ground with possible stadium expansion too. Attractive option for lots of managers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

It was the same with Claudio at the time but ultimately proved the correct decision.

I agree, I'm just saying which ever way this goes, Rodgers is going to come out of this unscathed. The media will back him if he walks, saying he could do no more, and say how let down by the owners he was he was, if he is sacked.

12 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Noticed one of the club security guards followed him when he went on the pitch at the end.

I noticed alot of stewards heading round towards the dugout.

Must admit barring a few boos, I was abit disappointed at the reaction towards him at the end of game.

It'll be straight over his head if everyone was screaming at him, so a few boos of discontent won't bother him. Water off a ducks back.

Edited by Matt

I can't believe I'm saying this but there's part of me that hopes West Ham win and United somehow beat Liverpool to leave us rock bottom on Monday night....actually being 20th of 20 might just bring the whole process forward a bit.

The long drawn-out divorce is just causing more and more damage to the club the long it drags on.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

I noticed alot of stewards heading round towards the dugout.

Must admit barring a few boos, I was abit disappointed at the reaction towards him at the end of game.

It'll be straight over his head if everyone was screaming at his so a few boos of discontent won't bother him. Water off a ducks back.

Yeah they bought about 20 security to the front of the west stand just as they announced the stoppage time.