Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I agree, I'm just saying which ever way this goes, Rodgers is going to come out of this unscathed. The media will back him if he walks, saying he could do no more, and say how let down by the owners he was he was, if he is sacked.

I'm afraid you are right. We don't register that well as a Club despite our recent success.

Just now, adam said:

So he leaves tielemans out because he has basically downed tools but brings him on when we're losing.

Some more top management. 

I don’t get this regarding tielemans if he’s not fit to play shouldn’t be in the squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I noticed alot of stewards heading round towards the dugout.

Must admit barring a few boos, I was abit disappointed at the reaction towards him at the end of game.

It'll be straight over his head if everyone was screaming at his so a few boos of discontent won't bother him. Water off a ducks back.

11 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Noticed one of the club security guards followed him when he went on the pitch at the end.

Not sure if anyone saw but part way through the game, a guy ran over to the dugout and started hurling abuse at Rodgers. Don’t know if he noticed though and he was immediately taken away by stewards. Think that’s what drove the security. Not sure what was said but saw the guy making binocular gestures. 

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

His tactics were not the reason we were defending so deep. We had outlets,  there was no composure from the back 4 at this time and they choose to hoof it clear. That's a player issue not managerial. Evans fell off a cliff after 65 minutes. 

It's been the same thing for over 18 months. If it's not him why hasn't he addressed it? At what point do you think it is coming from him? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but there's part of me that hopes West Ham win and United somehow beat Liverpool to leave us rock bottom on Monday night....actually being 20th of 20 might just bring the whole process forward a bit.

The long drawn-out divorce is just causing more and more damage to the club the long it drags on.

I see your point. But Man U aren’t gonna beat Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, lcfc thrummy in Aus said:

Rodgers has coached all the flair and natural talent from are players with his obsession with possession that is slow and predictable, almost every game where we dominate possession we lose! His blind obsession with certain player's is as baffling as is his refusal to play others.

His tactical subs are bizarre, yet he still seems to think he's a genius. ( He is out coached in every game ) 

We do have some great players at lcfc but also a few who are championship, and most fans know who they are.

Would you trust your money with this egotistical excuse maker?

Time to sod off Rodgers for the sake of our beloved club

Go go just Go!!!

Totally agree. The biggest example to me is KDH, last season he was up & down the pitch, beating players, excellent passing & just looked a natural. Now it appears that has gone & he just plays the easy ball & looks nowhere near the great player he did last year. Other players have also regressed, N'didi, Vardy, Tielemans, but I put that down to the system we are playing & I'm sure that a new manager will get them back to where we were. However this must happen asap as we are in big trouble & I can only see relegation if nothing changes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but there's part of me that hopes West Ham win and United somehow beat Liverpool to leave us rock bottom on Monday night....actually being 20th of 20 might just bring the whole process forward a bit.

The long drawn-out divorce is just causing more and more damage to the club the long it drags on.

Would ALWAYS want to see the Scousers beaten regardless of the circumstances.

8 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

His tactics were not the reason we were defending so deep. We had outlets,  there was no composure from the back 4 at this time and they choose to hoof it clear. That's a player issue not managerial. Evans fell off a cliff after 65 minutes. 

He took off the 2 wide players meaning our outlet was going right through the middle of the park. He played into their hands with the substitutions. 

I saw on a few occasions the ball was played out wide to absolutely no-one, no-one being there was a result of his changes. 

He installed a rot into Liverpool when mediocre players on big contracts it took klopp a few seasons to get that shite out and replace them! Rodgers has done the exact same thing here trouble is we ain’t a big club to shift these wasters out! Its very clear after today rodgers wants out vardy on his own up front never works never has! He’s stood there not giving orders he’s not doing anything to motivate the team nothing! Barnes is bang average on the wing nothing special! Justin isn’t good enough to where we want to be or should be going times he’s played recently I’ve lost count how many times he’s given the ball away! Evans he’s pretty much done! The new manager we get has to hit the ground running they have a job on there hands because this team now is bang average cheers Brendan you absolute fraud!

5 minutes ago, adam said:

So he leaves tielemans out because he has basically downed tools but brings him on when we're losing.

Get these two ****ers gone too. One who has been whoring himself out for six months and can’t get a bite. The other whose got about as much morals as a dead fish. Waste of space. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, adam said:

He bought him on when we were 1 up and his display was amateurish.

What a crap season so far!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adam said:

So what's his excuse for Managing the team today?

He definitely isn't in the right state of mind either.

I’ve been Rodgers in because 1) I thought he’d earned the time to put things right and 2) a lack of viable alternatives 

Point 2) still makes me nervous about about sacking him, but point 1) is over now as far as I’m concerned 

His time is up now. We’re going backwards and he’s getting his excuses in early, the writing is on the wall

Rodgers has had a good run. But his time is up. When a new manager becomes available (more than 3 games into the season), it’s time to go 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

What sort of payout would Rodgers be looking at if we sacked him now? with our current financial situation it seems like we would need to sell Fofana to be able to afford to sack Rodgers and pay compensation lol

He’s on £10m a year and has 3 years left… so yeah sell Fofana, once Brendan and Puel take their cuts we might be able to scrape together enough to sign bednarek, if Southampton pay part of his wages 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What sort of payout would Rodgers be looking at if we sacked him now? with our current financial situation it seems like we would need to sell Fofana to be able to afford to sack Rodgers and pay compensation lol

You don't even have to pay him off. You can carry on paying his salary until he gets another job. 

• Like 2