Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Sean2000 said:

You don't even have to pay him off. You can carry on paying his salary until he gets another job. 

We can't afford that though because of the financial issue can we? I read from different sources we are between 95-105% of our wage to revenue budget. So having to pay him his astronomical wages that he is currently robbing us for would then mean we also have to pay the new manager at the same time, I'd assume it would need to be a one in one out job atm but could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We can't afford that though because of the financial issue can we? I read from different sources we are between 95-105% of our wage to revenue budget. So having to pay him his astronomical wages that he is currently robbing us for would then mean we also have to pay the new manager at the same time, I'd assume it would need to be a one in one out job atm but could be wrong.

It's actually more like 71% when you discount COVID losses (which don't count). As long as you don't offer the next guy a stupid contract it's doable. Rodgers won't sit on the sidelines for 3 years so you'd probably even save money. One thing's for sure - getting relegated would be more expensive than sacking him. And from what I saw today, we're absolutely in a relegation fight at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sean2000 said:

It's actually more like 71% when you discount COVID losses (which don't count). As long as you don't offer the next guy a stupid contract it's doable. Rodgers won't sit on the sidelines for 3 years so you'd probably even save money. One thing's for sure - getting relegated would be more expensive than sacking him. And from what I saw today, we're absolutely in a relegation fight at the moment. 

Fair enough I've spent no time looking into our financials really as it's just depressing, I genuinely think that players like Tielemans, Soyuncu and Ndidi would be refreshed with a new manager and new philosophy. All 3 of them were players we could assume we would fetch 60-80m for in a couple of years, they were absolutely top draw, all 3 have fallen apart as have most of the players in the team bar a few. There are still top class players in there somewhere.

• Like 1

I just don’t see that he’s close to being pushed out given that he had most of his family there today. 

But perhaps it is of note that both Top and apichet were at the game - I understand why apichet would have attended the opening fixture but surprised he’s still around. 

the mentality of the players is simply dreadful - losing a two goal lead two weeks ago, unable to keep even a point today and last week allowing the opposition to reply within two mins of scoring on two occasions. 

17 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We’ll be more screwed if we go down with him….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I just don’t see that he’s close to being pushed out given that he had most of his family there today. 

But perhaps it is of note that both Top and apichet were at the game - I understand why apichet would have attended the opening fixture but surprised he’s still around. 

the mentality of the players is simply dreadful - losing a two goal lead two weeks ago, unable to keep even a point today and last week allowing the opposition to reply within two mins of scoring on two occasions. 

I don’t think he’s far off. Today had Puel levels of toxicity throughout and saw a few having words with Top at the end. I mean a fan did run over to Rodgers during the game and shout abuse too.

There are quite a few who we need to get out of this club. Start with whoever was in that meeting that decided on Veste and Bertrand. Whoever said yes, needs to go.

Rudkin as director of football is failing at the moment. 

Some of these players.

And Rodgers. I won’t read his post match interview - **** that shit.

We should cut our loses, pay Brendan off and pay for a new manager.

We made a mistake not sacking him last season. We'll do more damage to the squad and club keeping him.

We, and the squad, can attract a decent manager at the moment.

By the end of a relegation struggle, after more players leave, it won't be so easy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ahhhh, are they who largely make up the 20 or so people who voted 'in' on the poll? lol 

47 minutes ago, lcfc thrummy in Aus said:

Rodgers has coached all the flair and natural talent from are players with his obsession with possession that is slow and predictable, almost every game where we dominate possession we lose! His blind obsession with certain player's is as baffling as is his refusal to play others.

His tactical subs are bizarre, yet he still seems to think he's a genius. ( He is out coached in every game ) 

We do have some great players at lcfc but also a few who are championship, and most fans know who they are.

Would you trust your money with this egotistical excuse maker?

Time to sod off Rodgers for the sake of our beloved club

Go go just Go!!!

Remember when we were an exciting counter attacking side. It’s all but gone. 

The body language and message coming from Rodgers is so negative.

The narrative needs to change - he's feeling sorry for himself, finding excuses and that's transmitting to the players.

Get the fans behind you, create a siege mentality, do something to change the atmosphere but he's just going with the victim mentality.  

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Just been Whatsapped by my old uncle. A very successful MD of many different companies during his working life. It read simply:

’Total **** up by the young owner and his executives’

😂

I’d suggest he’s pretty much spot on!