Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Just been Whatsapped by my old uncle. A very successful MD of many different companies during his working life. It read simply:

’Total **** up by the young owner and his executives’

😂

I’d suggest he’s pretty much spot on!

With respect, i'm not sure you need to be a very successful MD of many different companies to come to that conclusion.

• Haha 3

Guest nathan.
5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We owe him too much money to sack him and he won't quit. He is here to stay unfortunately 

But surely we cant risk relegation.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

He won't be tainted though. The media are already saying that Rodgers has been let down by the owners  by not being backed, and he could do alot better for himself.  Rodgers got his excuses in early. He plays the media very well in terms of looking after his own image. If he was to walk, unlikely I know, then the media will say they don't blame "Brendan", as he wasnt given the backing, and he hadn't signed up for that.  If he is sacked the media will be in uproar, and absolutely slaughter the owners for having the audacity to sack "Brendan" when they hadn't backed him, and what else did they expect him to achieve.

He won’t get an elite club - in that sense he is tainted from how it ended at Liverpool, Celtic’s failure in Europe and decline here.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just been Whatsapped by my old uncle. A very successful MD of many different companies during his working life. It read simply:

😂

Rodgers isn't a **** up. He has brought trophies to this club.

Managers like Sousa were **** up's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He needs to do the right thing and quit. That’s what a proper person would do. 

What and walk away from a £25m payoff?

48 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

He took off the 2 wide players meaning our outlet was going right through the middle of the park. He played into their hands with the substitutions. 

I saw on a few occasions the ball was played out wide to absolutely no-one, no-one being there was a result of his changes. 

It really wasn't,  Castagne was being played in quite often by Tielemans,  unfortunately a few over hit and not the quality in the final 3rd we would hope for. Was it Rodgers fault that Barnes chose to pass on the 3 seperate occasions when he had a clear shot on goal? 

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

It would. Are there three teams worse than us? That is the question… Looking around right now, I’m not so sure there are. I would have said Southampton looked odds on to go down before today. 

ofc there are 3 worse sides. there is no way in hell we should be going down with our current squad. 

14 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I will gladly take the risk he’s a shithouse and a fraud and his football and tactics ain’t good enough 

Not good enough for two top 5 finishes. European semi final. FA Cup,  Charity shield. Behave. 

We are playing with fire by refusing to take a bath on losing players that won’t feature in the squad and not getting new bodies in

I think it’s possible that king power have taken us as far as they can - it’s a league for people/companies with very deep pockets 

the only other explanation is that the relationship between board and manager has broken down and he isn’t being supported deliberately 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

😂

If he's so successful why has he been at so many companies? 

• Haha 1

At this stage I don't think it matters who we get in as long as they can get the basics right, because at the moment Brendan is genuinely struggling with the basics of game management, team selection and tactical substitutions/formation. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We owe him too much money to sack him and he won't quit. He is here to stay unfortunately 

Disagree it costs too much money to sack him. The trade off would be relegation. If they don’t think there is any threat of relegation then I don’t think they will sack him. However, relegation will cost a lot more than Brendan’s severance. If there is a real risk of that they will act pretty quickly imo. What I don’t think they have been willing to this point is get rid of him for the sake of it.

i do think we have some serious issues. Brendan clearly doesn’t have the job he thinks he applied for, and his coaching is found seriously wanting. I was positive pre season, but feel we have a tough few months ahead. I think he has to go now, but I don’t know if the club will do it after 3 games. But realistically we could be bottom next week with 1 point. A place I never thought we would be. 

Brendan doesn’t have the skills to deal with this. He needs new players to create a more competitive dynamic in the squad. His self centred attitude means he is dragging the current crop down. They need something new to invigorate them. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We are playing with fire by refusing to take a bath on losing players that won’t feature in the squad and not getting new bodies in

I think it’s possible that king power have taken us as far as they can - it’s a league for people/companies with very deep pockets 

the only other explanation is that the relationship between board and manager has broken down and he isn’t being supported deliberately 

I think it’s the 2nd reason 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

He won’t get an elite club - in that sense he is tainted from how it ended at Liverpool, Celtic’s failure in Europe and decline here.

If things werent going so well at Tottenham and Arsenal, I could still see one of them coming in for him. Looks like that may be at least 2 or 3 years down the line now though, so those ships have sailed for him in the short term.  He will almost certainly be gone from here sooner rather than later though, and the narrative is already out there within the media and football pundits that Rodgers is hard done by, and what else can he do without the backing of the owners of the club.  I even heard Simon Jordan suggest that it could be that Top has lost interest and not willing to back the club anymore, and he can see Rodgers walking.

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Not good enough for two top 5 finishes. European semi final. FA Cup,  Charity shield. Behave. 

Forget the 5th place he bottle 2 top 4s and dragged us into the shitty europa league that no club wants FA Cup yeh good team performance to win it and charity shield behave ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Do you want me to name the amount of games he threw away to his “tactical” changes and ****ing about cuz we can be here quite a while 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Doesn’t tell the whole story though.

Two top 5 finishes - I’ll give you that, with a big asterisk explaining the bottling that occurred at the end of both seasons.

European Semi - In the Conference League after an embarrassing EL campaign.

FA Cup - Historic, but we didn’t face a first choice 11 until the Semi’s and ultimately it’s a small sample size of matches.

Community Shield - Friendly against Man City’s second string.

Anyway, as we found with Ranieri, there is only so much relevance you can place on seasons gone by. It’s the here and now we should be judging him on. The last 18 months have been woeful and it’s only getting worse.

You can reframe the past to say as your rhetoric pleases, but they happened and malcontent does not alter this nor give your argument greater credence. He was good, now he is not,  isn’t that enough? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If things werent going so well at Tottenham and Arsenal, I could still see one of them coming in for him. Looks like that may be at least 2 or 3 years down the line now though, so those ships have sailed for him in the short term.  He will almost certainly be gone from here sooner rather than later though, and the narrative is already out there within the media and football pundits that Rodgers is hard done by, and what else can he do without the backing of the owners of the club.  I even heard Simon Jordan suggest that it could be that Top has lost interest and not willing to back the club anymore, and he can see Rodgers walking.

Talksh*te. 

• Like 1

There’s a few similarities between now and season we were relegated all those years ago under Peter Taylor, 1 financially ****ed, 2 injury’s, 3 bad recruitment resulting in poor squad overall.   I’m actually worried this season, hope I’m wrong