Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Surely he can't survive that performance. Absolutely disgusting result against a team that looked like one of the worst I've seen for years. To think we only scored a goal because their keeper had a 'mare. We didn't create a single clear cut chance and allowed them to score from 2 of only 3 attempts on target. No idea what seems to go through his head but this constant shift to sit deep everytime we take a lead is abysmal management, and considering it's been going on for over a year tells me he hasn't got a clue how to rectify it. 

What really worries me is that since the start of last season we consistently seem to concede 2+ goals a game. I'm sorry but if you need to score a minimum of 2 goals just to earn a point you're always going to be up against it. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

ofc there are 3 worse sides. there is no way in hell we should be going down with our current squad. 

Agree, our squad on paper, and our first xi on paper, is arguably 6th best in the league… but as a collective unit we look dire. That is down to coaching, mentality, etc. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Forget the 5th place he bottle 2 top 4s and dragged us into the shitty europa league that no club wants FA Cup yeh good team performance to win it and charity shield behave ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow,  fans like you really aren't wanted. Joke reply. How did he bottle top 5, it was the players that couldn't handle the pressure. Clown

7 minutes ago, shiv said:

Interesting - did anyone else hear this?

49EE01ED-751A-4E29-9DA0-703AD2C215BD.jpeg

It's good to see. 

I've lost count of the amount of times he's made some claim about the players that just wasn't true. 

It must be draining to hear as players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I mean both of those fifth place finishes were either par or even slightly below par for the quality of the team he was putting out. 

I do find it frustrating and a bit confusing when our own fans act like Rodgers went above and beyond to achieve that. I'd expect it from BT Sports pundits but I'd expect our own supporters to have a bit of a more balanced and reasonable view about the quality of the team. 

Rodgers has one of the best teams lcfc have assembled in its history. His achievements were absolutely acceptable in his first two years here but they weren't above and beyond. 

Yes, absolutely, if you only look at results he has a higher win percentage than O'Neill did, he won a trophy O'Neill never managed to, he got further in Europe than MON and finished higher in the league too. 

But he also had a squad assembled for him that cost vastly more, had much greater quality in it relative to the rest of the league, not to mention incredible facilities and club infrastructure that managers before him could never dream of. 

Rodgers has done an alright job here but he's not pulled off miracles by getting us to compete for a top four spot, it's where we were on the merit of the quality of player we've had for the last few years. 

We absolutely overachived in those two seasons,  massively. We are not now and haven't been a top 4 team. Some of you are deluded. 

football is about the hear and now, just like we made the right move to say our goodbye to claudio, we should have also done the same with Brendan. 

He had success, he won’t do that with us again. one thing we do know, is that a rodgers slump, can take a serious amount of time to recover from and i’m not sure we will have it in us again to put a series of results together to push us towards europe… and we are only 3 games in. 

First thing any new manager would do, is reintegrate soyuncu to the first team and watch his confidence fly back! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

football is about the hear and now, just like we made the right move to say our goodbye to claudio, we should have also done the same with Brendan. 

He had success, he won’t do that with us again. one thing we do know, is that a rodgers slump, can take a serious amount of time to recover from and i’m not sure we will have it in us again to put a series of results together to push us towards europe… and we are only 3 games in. 

First thing any new manager would do, is reintegrate soyuncu to the first team and watch his confidence fly back! 

Ffs.  lol

Our problem is purely in defence. We have scored in every game so far, 5 goals in three games is a good rate. What is appalling is conceding eight goals in three games. We can say Danny ward isn't an EPL quality goalkeeper. Evans is too old. And a makeshift backline isn't going to stop anyone. The defence is shit. Total crap. No amount of coaching can fit square pegs into round holes, make a keeper any good and be successful playing players outside of the best positions. I wouldn't bet on our back 5 managing a clean sheet this side of Christmas.

• Like 1

BR will go down as an outstanding Leicester Manager and those who want him out would do well to remember that. It's not to say you're wrong, but we won the FA Cup last year for goodness sake! Maybe his time his up (I don't think it is), but if it is, a bit less hysteria around it please

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Wow,  fans like you really aren't wanted. Joke reply. How did he bottle top 5, it was the players that couldn't handle the pressure. Clown

It's the job of the manager to help players handle that stress though, its part of the job. Don Claudio did it to perfection and that was why the team didn't bottle it . might be worth re-watching Ulloa's pen again West Ham to see how pressure was handled.

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You can reframe the past to say as your rhetoric pleases, but they happened and malcontent does not alter this nor give your argument greater credence. He was good, now he is not,  isn’t that enough? 

Finally! lol

8 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

We absolutely overachived in those two seasons,  massively. We are not now and haven't been a top 4 team. Some of you are deluded. 

There’s no such thing mate. There’s teams that finish in the top 4 each season, and teams that don’t. We should have at least once, and realistically twice, but he lacked both the balls and nouse to  make it happen. No overachievement. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's good to see. 

I've lost count of the amount of times he's made some claim about the players that just wasn't true. 

It must be draining to hear as players. 

They must also be cheesed off with Rodgers always claiming that he's teaching them and they are learning. Patronising or what?

I am sorry a few won't agree but Ward is nowhere near a premier league player neither is Armatey.  Fed up seeing Wilf having to bail out Armatey the bloke is a bloody liability on the ball.  How Praet can't get a game is beyond me as well.  Daniel Armatey is effin crap end of.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 2