Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Rodgers deserved a chance this season.   My views if he got 20 points fro. The first thirteen,  he should carry on.  It's not going to happen. I hope the club has a succession plan.

Hopefully, Rodgers will go by mutual consent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

And there was me thinking we'd actually won the Premier League.  So much for my delusions. 

That we all knew would never be repeated.  You didn't honestly think we would be challenging for the title each year did you? 

20 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

How far do you think he will carry on ?!

- for me i can't see him going any further than forest clash.

IMG_20220820_210004.jpg

He shouldn't be in with a chance for seeing the Forest game. 

Even beyond Chelsea, September is a difficult game. I can't see us winning a game that month :(

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s on £10m a year and has 3 years left… so yeah sell Fofana, once Brendan and Puel take their cuts we might be able to scrape together enough to sign bednarek, if Southampton pay part of his wages 

....12 months at the most, so £10m, along with his staff, throw in another £3-5m worst-case scenario!!!

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, I'm not deluded. 19/20 in particular was frustrating that we fell outside the top four. 

We had near enough objectively the third best starting 11 in the league that year. 

This was with Lampard at Chelsea having to get by with the kids, Arsenal fielding probably their worst team in 30 years, Tottenham in crisis, United only signed Bruno Fernandes in January and even then their defence was hilarious and the rest of their midfield shocking. 

We were absolutely up there on merit and should have finished there. The idea that we overachieved that season is just moronic twaddle of Michael Owen proportions. 

We only got 62 points that year as well. Not sure there’s any year in PL history that would have qualified us for the CL.

3 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

That we all knew would never be repeated.  You didn't honestly think we would be challenging for the title each year did you? 

You said we never have been a top 4 club. I pointed out we won the PL, for which you have to finish in the top 4. Well, top 1 actually. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

How far do you think he will carry on ?!

- for me i can't see him going any further than forest clash.

IMG_20220820_210004.jpg

Forest Game has potential to go down as one of the all time great nights on FT regardless of the result

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We only got 62 points that year as well. Not sure there’s any year in PL history that would have qualified us for the CL.

It was just an absolutely poor Premier league season all round. 

Given how much shit people like to throw at 15/16 claiming the league was weak that year, 19/20 was far far worse. The top two were ridiculous but the rest of the league was massively average. 

I'm not claiming we had a team that, yknow, Real Madrid would have been proud of but it absolutely was better than the vast majority of the competition that year. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

We absolutely overachived in those two seasons,  massively. We are not now and haven't been a top 4 team. Some of you are deluded. 

The point is that we didn't overachieve in the circumstances. We had a top 6 level set of players and a fresh new coach good enough to get the best out of them at the same time as a couple of the 'big 6' clubs were in shambles. In the context of the moment we should have finished 4th in both of those seasons as we collapsed at the end losing matches we shouldn't have on paper.

Fair play for the FA Cup he will always have that.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was just an absolutely poor Premier league season all round. 

Given how much shit people like to throw at 15/16 claiming the league was weak that year, 19/20 was far far worse. The top two were ridiculous but the rest of the league was massively average. 

I'm not claiming we had a team that, yknow, Real Madrid would have been proud of but it absolutely was better than the vast majority of the competition that year. 

Beat that abysmal Norwich side twice and Watford and we’d have been comfortably third

57 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Wow,  fans like you really aren't wanted. Joke reply. How did he bottle top 5, it was the players that couldn't handle the pressure. Clown

Fans like me aren’t wanted what that speak fact! get your head out your arse 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I bet your gutted the happy clappers are gone aren’t you 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

"Can't fault the players". It pisses me off. He says it every game. Blame them, blame yourself, don't just revert back to "we haven't got the players in".

He clearly does fault the players, too.

I just wish those journalists and pundits would actually read what we type, we're not an entitled bunch of spoilt beats but frustrated fans watching dull football and hearing crap from the manager.

I've been Rodgers in for ages but we are in a terrible spot right now. If this continues for too long we could be relegated.

I do think Rodgers deserves significant blame. But not all of it. Our lack of signings and poor offfield decision making over the past couple of years has to count too. The club is also culpable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I can’t see a possible win until 8th October 😞

Struggling to see 10 points by end of year.

If Top leaves it to then, it may well be too late. Villa at home looks key, a point or less  and surely he's gone.

Edited by FoxFossil

7 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Struggling to see 10 points by end of year.

If Top leaves it to then, it may well be too late.

Pretty sure TOP doesn't want to be BOTTOM! (Double-entendre not intended!)

Edited by String fellow