Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I don’t know anymore. I don’t know what is going on at this club. 

We had the chance to really go at the so called rich 6 a few years ago and didn’t. We instead a year or two later started sticking average (being generous) players on huge wages and have just fallen off a cliff. Don’t trust anyone at the club anymore and while Top is a legend, I don’t know if he really knows what he’s doing or what to do next. They’ve gone through so much over the last few years, so it’s no surprise, probably got a lot on his plate with King Power. 
Nice to see he’s at the games but feel sorry for him, as he wants the best for us but not sure he really knows what to do. Just a feeling, hope I’m wrong, but from outside looking in, it’s really worrying. 

...you do feel that something has changed at the club, the original plan has changed and we are not too sure what we want or what is possible!!!

The train has come off the track, we know the destination, but the driver just doesn't know how to get us there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

is that the only quote you know?

“Only the insane repeat the same thing twice and expect a different result”. Albert Einstein 

I highly suspect he’ll make a mug out of you, not as well as I did obviously.

You have both misquoted (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.) and then wrongly attributed that quote to Einstein.  

Quite impressive really.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

You have both misquoted (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.) and then wrongly attributed that quote to Einstein.  

Quite impressive really.  

Ha yeah fair enough I just googled it, and looking its actually famously something misquoted by Einstein.

Not really sure what historical quotes have to do with football. My main point is that prat is rolling the same one out in the space of 48 hours.

Edit: Whilst it May be fair enough just had a look at your posts and you look like a proper see you next Tuesday so your marked for a dressing down.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

31 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

“Only the insane repeat the same thing twice and expect a different result”. Albert Einstein 

See pervious ^^^^ 

Are the players behind Rodgers?

It looks as though they are (or at least enough of them)

If they were unhappy they could speak up and once Rodgers can see he's lost them he might have the grace to resign.

Maybe he has lost them already but refuses to quit?

Conspiracy mode now but maybe Schmeichel voiced his concerns but was overruled so decided to leave?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ha yeah fair enough I just googled it, and looking its actually famously something misquoted by Einstein.

Not really sure what historical quotes have to do with football. My main point is that prat is rolling the same one out in the space of 48 hours.

You may need to look at the date stamp of 23rd of May, not sure you realise how this hours, days, months thing works.

Have another beer, you'll feel better.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

You may need to look at the date stamp of 23rd of May, not sure you realise how this hours, days, months thing works.

Have another beer, you'll feel better.

Your still reusing the same quote though, let’s be fair.

Pretty pathetic behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Rodgers ultimate strength as a manager is knowing when to get in at a club. Absolutely nailed it with Celtic and Leicester really.

I really at this point just think he's a complete fraud. He's been badly found out. Can see a Villa or someone falling for it though.

Villa is our best hope. (**** me - I never thought I would say that again)

35 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Rodgers ultimate strength as a manager is knowing when to get in at a club. Absolutely nailed it with Celtic and Leicester really.

I really at this point just think he's a complete fraud. He's been badly found out. Can see a Villa or someone falling for it though.

Exactly. What does he actually do? What is his 10m per annum insight? There is nothing. 

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to this season, believing that we had an excellent squad and, as long as we didn’t repeat the long injury list of last year that we would be in the top 10, pushing for top six. Then, amazingly, the manager announces that the squad isn’t good enough and he needs wholesale changes during the Summer. Eh? How is that supposed to build confidence and engender loyalty? He literally said that he would be getting rid of a load of players and replacing them with better ones. As if that weren’t bad enough, he said that knowing full well that selling the likes of Bertrand, Vestergard, Amarty  etc would be nigh on impossible. He knew the financial challenges in the club better than any of us, but said it anyway. No wonder we can’t sell anyone. We look desperate and get no offers or lowball offers for the second string. Did he seriously think we needed to sell Fofana, Tieleman’s, Maddison, or the other decent players? In my view, he was simply setting up an excuse for failure…..which, ironically, helps precipitate the failure. It is all on him.

By the way, does anyone believe that the half time talk resembles anything that Conte, Tuchel, Guardiola or Klopp would deliver? Hahaha. Don’t make me laugh. 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The funny thing is that Einstein never said that but mugs have been attributing it to him for years. 

5 hours ago, mad biker said:

How much would it actually cost to sack him ? presumably there would be some sort of agreed settlement as opposed to paying him the full amount of his remaining contract ?

My fear would be more than they are comfortably able to pay. And the way this thing is going I can't see clubs lining up to lure Brendan away.

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Are the players behind Rodgers?

It looks as though they are (or at least enough of them)

If they were unhappy they could speak up and once Rodgers can see he's lost them he might have the grace to resign.

Maybe he has lost them already but refuses to quit?

Conspiracy mode now but maybe Schmeichel voiced his concerns but was overruled so decided to leave?

...I  suspect he went to speak to Top regarding his fears for the club and his views were not reciprocated!!!

I cannot imagine him leaving in the manner which he had, unless he was unable to influence the club in removing the manager.

Kasper's exit was swift and if I recall he failed to acknowledge Rodgers or Top in his goodbye statement. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  suspect he went to speak to Top regarding his fears for the club and his views were not reciprocated!!!

I cannot imagine him leaving in the manner which he had, unless he was unable to influence the club in removing the manager.

Kasper's exit was swift and if I recall he failed to acknowledge Rodgers or Top in his goodbye statement. 

Kasper always quotes Top as one of his closest friends.