Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Rodgers ultimate strength as a manager is knowing when to get in at a club. Absolutely nailed it with Celtic and Leicester really.

I really at this point just think he's a complete fraud. He's been badly found out. Can see a Villa or someone falling for it though.

Puel had actually assembled a decent team. He just didn’t know what to do with it. 

• Like 3

Surely there has to be a cheaper way to deal with this issue of Rogers than sacking him, does he want his next job to be Norwich? Is what I'd be saying to him, it's mutually beneficial for the team to find winning ways whilst also planning the exit strategy of Rogers which suits both parties, even if we finished 14th that ends his top half premiership career for me.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Kasper always quotes Top as one of his closest friends. 

...I  would need to find his statement to see what he actually said!!!

If you were that close to someone and had their ear, and went to them with your concerns,  only for those concerns to be noted but not acted upon, there will have to be a reason why your friend would fail to take your advice.

The friend would a) see things differently, and continue what he is doing.

B) continue the process,  but put in a timeline. 

C) act on the information received and hope that he has made the right choice. 

We may all be un-aware of the exact extent of our finances, that we cannot afford to pay off the severance which would be owed to Rodgers and his team, as it is a sizeable amount. The chances are he( Rodgers) may have now become an influential person within Top's circle. 

12 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Surely there has to be a cheaper way to deal with this issue of Rogers than sacking him, does he want his next job to be Norwich? Is what I'd be saying to him, it's mutually beneficial for the team to find winning ways whilst also planning the exit strategy of Rogers which suits both parties, even if we finished 14th that ends his top half premiership career for me.

...if he finishes 14th at the end of the season then you will still have to sack him and pay the same money!!!

Waiting so long only prolongs the problem, it suits no one. Unless you are waiting for a nanager you have identified to finish his current contract,  then there would be little point in waiting. 

• Like 1

Sack him, pay the compensation that's owed, get someone in who will start involving the players Rodgers refuses too. Praet, soumare, nacho, soyuncu, might be like new signings rather than just expensive squad fillers. 

His game management is clueless, we can now make 5 subs and yet he's never made more than 3 despite us throwing away two leads and shipping 4 at arsenal. Just the 1 against Brentford despite using fatigue as an excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Disappointing not to see any rumours in the press about his potential sacking.

Rodgers has all his mates in the industry.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sport/brendan-rodgers-coaching-was-my-calling-after-i-realised-i-wasnt-a-good-enough-player-and-i-cant-think-jose-mourinho-enough-41926066.html

cannot seem to remove the paywall but I cannot be arsed to about a self promotional article for brand Brendan..

59 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Puel had actually assembled a decent team. He just didn’t know what to do with it. 

Or didn't get enough time to do things with it.

Someone said earlier that Rodgers has an innate talent for knowing exactly when to get in to a club, and I think that's right.  Puel did all the necessary dirty work no one else wanted to (and Brendo certainly wouldn't have) and Rodgers came in to reap the benefits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Or didn't get enough time to do things with it.

Someone said earlier that Rodgers has an innate talent for knowing exactly when to get in to a club, and I think that's right.  Puel did all the necessary dirty work no one else wanted to (and Brendo certainly wouldn't have) and Rodgers came in to reap the benefits.

Villa would be perfect for him. A decent squad and bit of money but somewhere where it’s gone very flat of late. He’d go in there and get a tune out of them this season, then live off that for another couple of years.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

To be fair, top went and got a manager who was already in a job and paid big for money for him. 

Can’t really blame the top brass…. On paper Rodgers was a sound choice. He’s proven he’s a good coach and he had proven he’s a manager who’s capable of long term development. His morals and philosophy match that of the owners too. However, he simply doesn’t have the fight to be a consistent top manager. This is the only criticism I have of the board when they go for managers they want to go for a media darlings and someone who has a little bit of fight about them. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Can’t really blame the top brass…. On paper Rodgers was a sound choice. He’s proven he’s a good coach and he had proven he’s a manager who’s capable of long term development. His morals and philosophy match that of the owners too. However, he simply doesn’t have the fight to be a consistent top manager. This is the only criticism I have of the board when they go for managers they want to go for a media darlings and someone who has a little bit of fight about them. 

Their renewal of his contract onto a mega wage is hurting us very badly 

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just not sure what they are waiting for, If a replacement is still under contract, waiting will make little difference!!!

Agreed. We are unlikely to get a result at Chelsea whether it is BR or a caretaker manager.

we need decisive action now to turn this around. Mentality is so bad.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their renewal of his contract onto a mega wage is hurting us very badly 

It is, but in their defence it all looked to be going well. They wanted Rodgers for ages, they tried to get him before Puel came in but he wasn’t prepared to leave Celtic. But as you rightly point out, it wasn’t the best thing to throw this big contract at him. Not until you’ve seen a manager drag you through a tough period. Ultimately that’s when you learn about your manager, and Brendan have never successfully navigated his way through a difficult period. He’s enduring his second one after Liverpool, and he’s falling flat on his face. All he’s doing is proving he isn’t capable of being a top manager. 

• Like 1