Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It is, but in their defence it all looked to be going well. They wanted Rodgers for ages, they tried to get him before Puel came in but he wasn’t prepared to leave Celtic. But as you rightly point out, it wasn’t the best thing to throw this big contract at him. Not until you’ve seen a manager drag you through a tough period. Ultimately that’s when you learn about your manager, and Brendan have never successfully navigated his way through a difficult period. He’s enduring his second one after Liverpool, and he’s falling flat on his face. All he’s doing is proving he isn’t capable of being a top manager. 

The failure of the Congerton appointment and BR poor record in the transfer market has caught up with us.

BR can coach but is most effective with a new group he has taken over. when players become used to his methods and messages you get diminishing returns and need to change up the squad or the manager.  
I don’t know where this mental fragility in the group stems from but Rodgers should have stamped out and clearly cannot. He doesn’t have the answers.

He has got to go. We don’t want to trust him with a rebuild based on the Wes fee.

Edited by JimmyC74

I’ve tried to remain positive as much as possible, but it’s quite apparent to me that the club is in need of a change (some of which is of BR’s own making, others are the circumstances of poor planning from the club).

The ‘excuses’ offered up by BR post match this season have shown a man who’s breaking, blaming fatigue yet only making 1 sub then offering up a lack of Premier League experience as an excuse for a soft performance at Arsenal.

We have players wanting out and not signing contracts, we have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season who (whether we like it or not) will not be committed to the cause as their immediate futures do not lie here.

We lack leadership on and off the pitch in my view. The appointment of Albrighton as VC is another bizarre decision from BR, a player who will presumably not spend much time on the pitch … we could easily be in a position where both our captain and VC aren’t on the pitch at all (if or when Evans picks up an injury), just another odd decision by Rodgers.

We have a mental fragility that hasn’t been addressed, we take the lead then fall to pieces, we were comfortable in terms of possession yday (felt like a pre-season game), then as soon as we took the lead there was only 1 team it, and that team went on to win the game.

Can’t help but feel “the project” is nearing its end. I was of the opinion that we would be fine, but 1 point from Brentford & Southampton at home, an expected defeat at the Emirates has been a calamitous start to the season.

Fully expect a limp defeat at the Bridge next week which (if not already) I think will push the hierarchy to consider our options with BR’s fate been sealed by results in the Man U, Brighton & Villa games.

57 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm 'excited' for Gary Linekers opinion when he goes, that often never matches up with what most of us think.

Lineker has to stay relatively neutral. He can't go all in and say Rodgers was shit, and he's glad he's been sacked, he'll likely be interviewing him in a few months. 

• Like 2

Just as angry at our so called manager the next morning.

RL actually were extremely critical about his demeanour during the match…hands in his pockets the whole time etc.

Top, we’re not safe from being pulled into a relegation fight….please have a word about his constant negative press conferences, negative style of football or do us all a favour and get rid.

6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I’ve tried to remain positive as much as possible, but it’s quite apparent to me that the club is in need of a change (some of which is of BR’s own making, others are the circumstances of poor planning from the club).

The ‘excuses’ offered up by BR post match this season have shown a man who’s breaking, blaming fatigue yet only making 1 sub then offering up a lack of Premier League experience as an excuse for a soft performance at Arsenal.

We have players wanting out and not signing contracts, we have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season who (whether we like it or not) will not be committed to the cause as their immediate futures do not lie here.

We lack leadership on and off the pitch in my view. The appointment of Albrighton as VC is another bizarre decision from BR, a player who will presumably not spend much time on the pitch … we could easily be in a position where both our captain and VC aren’t on the pitch at all (if or when Evans picks up an injury), just another odd decision by Rodgers.

We have a mental fragility that hasn’t been addressed, we take the lead then fall to pieces, we were comfortable in terms of possession yday (felt like a pre-season game), then as soon as we took the lead there was only 1 team it, and that team went on to win the game.

Can’t help but feel “the project” is nearing its end. I was of the opinion that we would be fine, but 1 point from Brentford & Southampton at home, an expected defeat at the Emirates has been a calamitous start to the season.

Fully expect a limp defeat at the Bridge next week which (if not already) I think will push the hierarchy to consider our options with BR’s fate been sealed by results in the Man U, Brighton & Villa games.

Is it mental fragility? I feel this rhetoric just plays into Brendan's hands. Last season he talked a lot about 'intensity' and how that can't just be coach into players, whilst he was dic*ing around with zonal marking at set pieces. The problem is the coach, and the tactics used. Not using players to their strengths and reverting to overly defensive tactics once we take the lead. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Lineker has to stay relatively neutral. He can't go all in and say Rodgers was shit, and he's glad he's been sacked, he'll likely be interviewing him in a few months. 

Like he did with the Ranieri appointment.....

Oh and when he got sacked was a good example as well

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Darren Lewis on Sky claiming he's worried other clubs might come in for Rodgers and that he's the man we need.

What does he have over the media?

Darren Lewis can be worried all he want, Leicester fans would be rejoicing if anyone actually wanted this chancer. 

Quickly learnt when we came up to the prem to disregard what the media thinks, they only push their own agenda and what ever sells.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Darren Lewis on Sky claiming he's worried other clubs might come in for Rodgers and that he's the man we need.

I disagree with pretty much everything Darren Lewis says so this does not surprise me. Watches one game three season ago where we looked good and basis all his opinions off that. Anyone who has watched all of Leicesters games under Rodgers now he must go!

Rodgers is the definition of a charlatan and the clueless London based media believe his bullshit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

this is exactly what ive been saying! its astonishing how he does it 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Who are these other clubs? Nonsense once again from the main stream media. 

They only club the would consider Rodgers is Man Utd. Because they are run by ****ing useless clowns. But the Liverpool connection will block it, so won’t save us from the charlatan 

but Lewis is talking bollocks as per. Blokes has no idea out of watching the big London teams and even then he is often miles off.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox