Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Cincinnati Fox said:

They only club the would consider Rodgers is Man Utd. Because they are ****ing useless. But the Liverpool connection will block it, so won’t save us from the charlatan 

Honestly don't think his stock will be as high as he thinks it is. Maybe someone like Southampton or Everton next for him 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Its actually incredible. I was lambasted in another thread for saying that pundits were completely on point with following the spurs game last year (Cags let the team down, we need a refresh). Rodgers is very, very media savvy and i personally think he works harder with the media / pundits than people think. He's got to spend that money on something right?

I remember a game on TV last year (think it was in BT Sport?) where following an interview Brendan personally thanked Emma Hayes for what she had done on the women's game. She was obliviously delighted, but for me this was typical Brendan. This was an interview following a Leicester match and he made it all about him, and Emma's response was the was thrilled to get that from someone of 'Brendan's caliber'. 

He's a top grade snake oils salesman. I have worked with management consultants like him in the past that leave business in far worst shape than when they arrive, piss off all the employees, yet for some reason senior execs are completely in love with them and the rest of us just can't understand why. The just move on to the next gig, rinse and repeat.  

That but with Emma hayes was cringe as!! Bloke is such a Charlatan 

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

That but with Emma hayes was cringe as!! Bloke is such a Charlatan 

And in typical Brendan 'make it all about him' fashion, i remember the incident, and Emma, but not the Leicester match!

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

This is exactly it. Puel played good football prior to Mahrez leaving and dour without him.

I want Rodgers and his little notebook out but this is objectively untrue. We had a very good start under Puel, then post a 3-0 hammering from Palace at our place were distinctly average.

Home draws against Bournemouth, Southampton, Stoke (in the season they dropped), losing at home to Newcastle and West Ham, getting BATTERED 5-0 away at Palace. We won 5 in 17 since the turn of the year in 2018. 

Puel was absolutely rank, this is as bad, if not worse, considering the squad - but let's not make out like Claude had us popping it around like Brazil 1970.

• Like 2

Sack Rodgers. It's not even a question anymore, Rodgers quite simply has to go as we are heading towards relegation with him in charge, even after only 3 games you can see the direction of travel for the football club.

Not a clue who replaces him, not a clue how we can afford it, just get it done before the transfer window closes and we're adrift at the bottom of the table.

I can't believe where we are as a football club, I've been Rodgers out since the spring, the club badly needed a refresh if not in players but in new direction with a new manager but we've been unable to get anything done in that regard, the club needed to back him or sack him at the end of last season but did neither and now we're in a mess.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Honestly don't think his stock will be as high as he thinks it is. Maybe someone like Southampton or Everton next for him 

His stock will definitely have fallen but still has a record of a manager who can come in make an instant impact and get a squad to perform above its previous (recent) levels for a couple of seasons (Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic, Us). He'd of done the same at Arsenal & Spurs when they were in decline a year or so ago. 

So I’ve been on a nice walk this morning mulling over Brendan Rodgers… and I’m actually really annoyed at his current demeanour and attitude.

Listening to his interview over the last few games clearly shows how self absorbed he actually is. Sitting in his press conferences looking like a child who’s had his game boy taken off him, and speaking like one too. Constantly bringing up the fact we haven’t been able to refresh, constantly moaning, winging about the adversity he is facing…

Brendan and Congerton have probably spent the most money here over the course of their tenure…… he constantly talks about winning mentality, signing players with a winning mentality….. if reports of believed, that he personally wanted Bennett, Bertrand, Vesty and Perez….. where does that fit into this philosophy? He sits and moans about being backed, but when he was the money was wasted completely…. We’ve a want away player in Soumare, and the Southampton two and Perez…… he is the reason we’re in a mess. Instead of suggesting crap like Bertrand and Vesty and Perez he should have allowed the club to do what has been successful and scout the right kind of players. 

Brendan will leave this club in a worse state than he found it. 

Delving further into him as a character, I’ve already mentioned he lacks the desire, drive, aggression and passion to be a top manager. But he often bangs his own drum again, “we’ve had two top five finishes, a top 8 finish with injuries and an FA cup”. FA cup aside, those two top five finishes should have been top four. But due to an implosion we threw it away….. again a manager with more fight about them probably could have gotten us over the line. We all know what happened last season in the ECL, again, a manager with more about them would have sent the guys out into that game with more fight and determination…. Not a limp effort to just slide out of a game we had the quality to win. 

We saw this at Reading, we saw this again and Liverpool and we’re seeing it again here… I was warned by Liverpool fans but chose to ignore it as I felt we would be a better fit for us than them. But in Brendan sees himself as a top manager, then why has Klopp redefined Liverpool and elevated them to new levels? 

Ralf showed Brendan how you fight for your job, you’re never bigger than the club you but I get the impression that Brendan thinks that he is genuinely bigger than the club. 

One thing he needs to remember is this, he wasn’t the manager during our greatest ever achievement which was winning the league…….

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He will go abroad in my opinion or possibly take an opportunity to coach a national team, which arguably would be perfect for him, no transfers therefore less opportunity for him to feck it up 

He is a multi millionaire with a chain of properties so the only reason he would stay in management is to boost his own inflated ego I expect.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So I’ve been on a nice walk this morning mulling over Brendan Rodgers… and I’m actually really annoyed at his current demeanour and attitude.

Listening to his interview over the last few games clearly shows how self absorbed he actually is. Sitting in his press conferences looking like a child who’s had his game boy taken off him, and speaking like one too. Constantly bringing up the fact we haven’t been able to refresh, constantly moaning, winging about the adversity he is facing…

Brendan and Congerton have probably spent the most money here over the course of their tenure…… he constantly talks about winning mentality, signing players with a winning mentality….. if reports of believed, that he personally wanted Bennett, Bertrand, Vesty and Perez….. where does that fit into this philosophy? He sits and moans about being backed, but when he was the money was wasted completely…. We’ve a want away player in Soumare, and the Southampton two and Perez…… he is the reason we’re in a mess. Instead of suggesting crap like Bertrand and Vesty and Perez he should have allowed the club to do what has been successful and scout the right kind of players. 

Brendan will leave this club in a worse state than he found it. 

Delving further into him as a character, I’ve already mentioned he lacks the desire, drive, aggression and passion to be a top manager. But he often bangs his own drum again, “we’ve had two top five finishes, a top 8 finish with injuries and an FA cup”. FA cup aside, those two top five finishes should have been top four. But due to an implosion we threw it away….. again a manager with more fight about them probably could have gotten us over the line. We all know what happened last season in the ECL, again, a manager with more about them would have sent the guys out into that game with more fight and determination…. Not a limp effort to just slide out of a game we had the quality to win. 

We saw this at Reading, we saw this again and Liverpool and we’re seeing it again here… I was warned by Liverpool fans but chose to ignore it as I felt we would be a better fit for us than them. But in Brendan sees himself as a top manager, then why has Klopp redefined Liverpool and elevated them to new levels? 

Ralf showed Brendan how you fight for your job, you’re never bigger than the club you but I get the impression that Brendan thinks that he is genuinely bigger than the club. 

One thing he needs to remember is this, he wasn’t the manager during our greatest ever achievement which was winning the league…….

Don’t forget Celtic as well

42 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its actually incredible. I was lambasted in another thread for saying that pundits were completely on point with following the spurs game last year (Cags let the team down, we need a refresh). Rodgers is very, very media savvy and i personally think he works harder with the media / pundits than people think. He's got to spend that money on something right?

I remember a game on TV last year (think it was in BT Sport?) where following an interview Brendan personally thanked Emma Hayes for what she had done on the women's game. She was obliviously delighted, but for me this was typical Brendan. This was an interview following a Leicester match and he made it all about him, and Emma's response was the was thrilled to get that from someone of 'Brendan's caliber'. 

He's a top grade snake oils salesman. I have worked with management consultants like him in the past that leave business in far worst shape than when they arrive, piss off all the employees, yet for some reason senior execs are completely in love with them and the rest of us just can't understand why. The just move on to the next gig, rinse and repeat.  

I remember that and I thought just the same.  Arsh licker of the very highest calibre indeed Emma.  

More spin than New Labour about the Right Honourable Rodgers.  I am looking forward to seeing what his biggest fan(tasist) and arch Brendan brown noser Savage has to say about Rodgers next time he's on BT sports.  What contortions he will go through to be able to claim Rodgers is an elite manager.  

I've worked with management consultants and have yet to meet one who wasn't a Brendan.  

Should have gone ages ago I can’t believe he’s still here. The excuses people make for him are baffling, injuries, small squad, lack of investment, did well 18 months ago etc. 

That Forest result should have seen him go and I can’t believe he’s still here, it’ll only get worse aswell if he’s still here for Chelsea. 

Last week it was ‘2 games don’t be stupid we’ll be nowhere near relegation’, well that might be about to change with yesterdays result and the next couple of games coming up. 

We're actually a mess aren't we? No new signings this summer. Poor performances on the pitch and 1 point from 3 games. And a manager in Rodgers who seems not to have much belief in his players, despite getting paid an absolute fortune. I really do think a change is needed now. Rodgers is a decent manager but I think he should go. It feels like he's not going to take us any further. And if any players don't want to be here. Get rid as well. Fofana is an absolute disgrace - 'not in the state of mind to play' he's a professional footballer for christ sake. He should be fined two weeks wages. And Tielemans, why haven't we been able to sort something out and get him sold? There's still time left in the window to refresh this squad. We need to hurry up and do something because there's no easy games coming up. It could get ugly this.