Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Should have gone ages ago I can’t believe he’s still here. The excuses people make for him are baffling, injuries, small squad, lack of investment, did well 18 months ago etc. 

That Forest result should have seen him go and I can’t believe he’s still here, it’ll only get worse aswell if he’s still here for Chelsea. 

Last week it was ‘2 games don’t be stupid we’ll be nowhere near relegation’, well that might be about to change with yesterdays result and the next couple of games coming up. 

Exactly. The Forest game should’ve been the end. The way people accepted his excuses after that game surprised the hell out of me. We lost 4-1 against a side deemed not good enough for the premier league by their own manager. We went out there with no actual tactical purpose but yeah, the reason for the embarrassing defeat was a rebuild. 

• Like 2

The club cannot win this one in the media 

Brendan will fail because the club didn’t back him 

even the fofana saga will be turned against the club who ‘held out for an extra few million so late that it wasn’t able to be wisely spent’ 

hence dropping Rodgers even further into the doodo 

so they may as well do it sooner than later (if they really are thinking about it )

the concern is replacement - puel came in quickly

shakey just pressed the reset button to punt it long and ask vards to chase it 

what would stowell do now?  We don’t have an effective identity 

Edited by st albans fox

How will this play out?

Without question Rodger’s wants out, the job is no longer what was sold to him and so he will be wanting to go. Leicester would be quite happy to let him go too, but there is a question of the right club for Rodger’s to go to and us not wanting to kick him out as the compensation would be huge. So this isn’t going ti be fixed overnight. 

The other issue is a replacement. The Leicester job is no longer as desirable as it was as we are now going through the process of a reset. That reset being lower waged players so we don’t get into the mess we are in right now. 

The dynamics of the manager and club position isn’t hard to work out, but the position of Top is one that worries me more.

So Rodger’s will only ever want to operate at the highest level, I get that and he will move to address this given time.

But Top has always been one to operate there too. So with the reset, which will include lower paid players, smaller contracts and therefore smaller chance of success, will he have the appetite to carry on if the interest of success diminishes?

The next few years will be interesting, and the fans reaction to Top not signing Tielemans type players won’t go down well.  How will he react to the negativity that will come with that ? 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

even the fofana saga will be turned against the club who ‘held out for an extra few million so late that it wasn’t able to be wisely spent’ 

hence dripping Rodgers even further into the doodo 

so they may as well do it sooner than later (if they really are thinking about it )

I reckon we could get someone like Dyche in rather sharpish even if its just until the end of the season and then review it. Not my first choice by any means but he can organise a defence at the very least

15 minutes ago, foxsake said:

The thing I like about Brendan is that he talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk. It's so refreshing and great representation for people without legs.

I have said this before about Rodgers and been lambasted. The connection between playing and managing is closer than you think. Rodgers , for all his coaching badges and experience , has never played top class football , nor have any of his team bar Kolo Touré. The players know that and as long as his theoretical tactical plan produces results , they go along with that. When it begins to fail ,respect disappears quickly. Nobody likes being told what to do by somebody who has never done it themselves. Nigel and Claudio retained respect because of their long playing careers . Claude Puel was a very good player but consistently proved he didn',,t have the personality for management. Guardiola and Xavi and even Klopp have done the hard miles as players and that commands respect.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He will go abroad in my opinion or possibly take an opportunity to coach a national team, which arguably would be perfect for him, no transfers therefore less opportunity for him to feck it up 

Agree with the abroad move for sure, domestically he’s not going to get a local gig at any of the big boys any time soon.

Man U will give Ten Haag some time, Arteta doing OK at Arsenal, Conte brill at Spurs, Man C & Liverpool speak from themselves, Tuchel at Chelsea … I just couldn’t see them taking a former youth coach over world class options should Tuchel get the boot.

Then you’re dropping into mediocrity in the Premier League, which is why I think a move overseas for a new challenge would be his next move.

Not sure he would take an international gig, a round of games every 2 months wouldn’t keep him occupied I don’t think, imagine him after 3 years in an international job, he’d be talking about a refresh and the struggles of players coming through the grassroots to give him better options at international first team level!

Surprised it has taken this long for people to cotton onto the fact he only thinks about himself. He has a bookshelf full of management leadership books which is his inspiration for spouting the post-match bullshit. We're not buying it anymore.

That was the first live game I've been in months. Something isn't right. There's no togetherness and the team are playing as individual headless chickens. That stops with the manager, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I reckon we could get someone like Dyche in rather sharpish even if its just until the end of the season and then review it. Not my first choice by any means but he can organise a defence at the very least

Dyche (or any other decent coach) won’t accept that. They aren’t ‘fill ins’ like big Sam 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rodgers is the past... the next manager will need the money 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We've been the villains for an 'unjust sacking' in the eyes of the media before. Don't think the Club care if they feel its the right option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Dyche (or any other decent coach) won’t accept that. They aren’t ‘fill ins’ like big Sam 

Yeah you're probably right. I'd be happy to give him next season as well. Oversee what is a transitional period with the club. Safe pair of hands with the tools he'd have here

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He would go back to basics. The beauty of Stowell stepping in is that he knows the club better than most. He would just go back to basics and set the team up to build confidence. Short term, he’s always seemed to deliver something. Just inject some passion back into the team. 

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am hoping the board are sounding out a replacement as we speak. 

I think the club is in bad shape but I also have faith. We are very well run at the board level. I think it is time for a change, I am sure they are scoping out replacements now.