Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

He expressed shock at Ranieri's appointment, as I imagine most did, he didn't outright question his ability.

He again wasn't critical of Ranieri when he was sacked, he questioned the sacking.

So when the poster said they'd be interested in his reaction when we do sack Rodgers because it won't align with most fans, the reason for my reply was, he won't go in on Rodgers, he won't be overly critical like most fans, because he can't alienate these people.

I also wouldn't expect him to call him out as crap or anything like that, but actually state it was probably the right decision.

After Ranieri got sacked he was very critical of the club for doing so, I'm not annoyed because he didn't slag off Ranieri more so he spouted the mainstream media line of "how can they sack him after he won the league" which is what will happen when Rodgers goes.

I like Lineker in general, just think he's pretty out of touch with what actual Leicester fans think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Best case scenario for me at this point. 

£80m for Fofana and Chelsea sack Tuchel and we mutually agree to let Rodgers go or Chelsea buy him out (unlikely with the sort of fee they will have to part with for Fofana) 

we pay 20% to St Etienne and have a large chunk left over to sign a decent defender and a winger, and a signing fee for a new manager. 

Chelsea are never sacking Tuchel within the next few weeks. And they're never signing Rodgers. Your best case scenario is a pipe dream.

24 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

DE983347-5052-4A55-9F1C-8DC938BECF1C.jpeg.efed7d721c911675712ee84c2f54e4ec.jpeg

Found this but can’t think of a good caption to go with it. Welcome to suggestions.

Top: I'm sorry to say your sacked for the downturn in recent games. However we can't have the media put us in the bad spotlight so Jon has decided to step down and we're promoting you to the Director of Football. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I also wouldn't expect him to call him out as crap or anything like that, but actually state it was probably the right decision.

After Ranieri got sacked he was very critical of the club for doing so, I'm not annoyed because he didn't slag off Ranieri more so he spouted the mainstream media line of "how can they sack him after he won the league" which is what will happen when Rodgers goes.

I like Lineker in general, just think he's pretty out of touch with what actual Leicester fans think.

But he can't say it's the right decision can he that's my point. As much as he might want to, he gains more and employers probably insists he keep managers onside rather than clubs.

When was the last time you heard a pundit associated to a club publicly state they agreed with a manger being sacked?

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

100% agree. If we have the players lined up to go for them post fofana moving on then do we stick or twist? It's still a gamble, anything contractually can go wrong but I'd take the gamble at 70-75 given the state we are in.

Agree that’s likely their approach but I think we need to counter with a cash plus player option - get in Chalobah and 1 more as we need fresh blood. We cannot go on with Big Dan in the defence 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Sad 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

It was very quick tbh. But it was said that he seems resigned to failure and is just accepting it instead of fixing it.

Pretty much no different from last season then lol the guy is getting paid very well, the players he does have are good enough to be challenging for Europe, but he himself think they are all cack 

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

It was very quick tbh. But it was said that he seems resigned to failure and is just accepting it instead of fixing it.

My heart skipped then.

I read it as 'He seems to have resigned'

Gutted.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, taupe said:

The fact it is his honesty is what makes me wonder about him. The motivation of liers is easier to see and deal with. It's a little more complicated with those that believe what they're saying.

Or maybe the fact that he's spent already the best part of 20 years at elite clubs including ours that requires these managers to be able to politicise their jobs in its entirety.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But he can't say it's the right decision can he that's my point. As much as he might want to, he gains more and employers probably insists he keep managers onside rather than clubs.

When was the last time you heard a pundit associated to a club publicly state they agreed with a manger being sacked?

Okay, lets say he doesn't/can't comment negatively or agree on a manager being sacked, but does that mean if he's as neutral as you've stated he should be as critical of the club as he was?

Neville ended up agreeing on United sacking Ole didn't he? Carragher agreed with Rodgers going from Liverpool as well.