Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

So frustrating watching Leeds - doing everything we aren’t, running, energy, positive body language. Rodgers-ball is horrific 

the only time i would fully be behind rodgers ball, is when we are winning a game or playing for a draw… yet we stop playing possession ball as soon as we take a lead 😂

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Okay, lets say he doesn't/can't comment negatively or agree on a manager being sacked, but does that mean if he's as neutral as you've stated he should be as critical of the club as he was?

Neville ended up agreeing on United sacking Ole didn't he? Carragher agreed with Rodgers going from Liverpool as well.

Didn't say he had to be neutral, the post you're replying to literally says him and his employee would probably want to keep the manager onside rather than the club. He can say he doesn't agree with the club and get no repercussions. If he starts criticising managers, he loses potential contacts, interviews etc in future.

I think Neville has always towed the Glaziers are at fault line. Honestly can't remember Carragher when Rodgers got sacked. Wasn't that when Henry touched his knee? lol

Guest David Oldfields Gate
Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Doesn’t a manager on top wages, usually mean they can make what they have be better? Not get progressively worse, like they are under him. 

Bang on.

We were told he would improve all these great young players, usher in a dynasty blah blah. Of the starting eleven he inherited, have the ones still here improved?

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea are never sacking Tuchel within the next few weeks. And they're never signing Rodgers. Your best case scenario is a pipe dream.

LET ME DREAM, in fairness there’s been a lot of speculation over Tuchel but obviously it’s just speculation.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

DE983347-5052-4A55-9F1C-8DC938BECF1C.jpeg.efed7d721c911675712ee84c2f54e4ec.jpeg

Found this but can’t think of a good caption to go with it. Welcome to suggestions.

Hey Brendan, I’ve sold Fofana and guess what?!? I’m not letting you spend a penny you useless twat

• Haha 2

Brendan’s final game in charge for Liverpool…. Compare that to Liverpool now, there’s no comparison in the quality of player. With exception of Coutinho…. 

For a man who likes to sign serial winners, there’s not many there, and that’s at a club with resources that supersede our own by some margin. The man’s arrogance is eye watering, yet, his track record in the transfer market is largely hideous. 

6D3DDFFA-F6A8-47CF-8CB9-2B0C964606F4.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

So frustrating watching Leeds - doing everything we aren’t, running, energy, positive body language. Rodgers-ball is horrific 

Exactly. They make passes in the final third that we are capable of, but for us, our players worry too much because of fear that Rodgers has instilled in them about losing the ball. So many times I can imagined exactly the play get to a critical 50/50 stage and our player except for Maddison would pass it back or even all the way back to the CB allowing the opposition to settle back into shape. It is so frustrating. Our fear of losing the ball overwhelms all our decision making, creating what we see as Rodger-ball. It is horrific and Rodgers doesn’t know he is the one that created it. I still remember Rodgers criticizing Tielemans for trying to win against Spurs last minute and instead Spurs intercepted his pass and went on to score and win. Yes we lost, but I rather we lose trying to win than to always lose because we try not to lose. 

Rodgers sowed what has grown into now an irreversible loser mentality. Yet he blamed the players for being inexperienced, or lacking winning mentality and wanted new players. But he is the master of the loser mentality.

Kasper saw the light and left. Good for him.

Edited by Tom12345

Watching Leeds makes me detest Rodgers even more. Going a goal up and still playing for more, Rodgers tactics are so poor the bloke does not deserve anything like the money he is stealing from the club, there is not a single city fan I know now that doesn’t want him gone!! Please **** this horrible little man off top PLEASE!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Brendan’s final game in charge for Liverpool…. Compare that to Liverpool now, there’s no comparison in the quality of player. With exception of Coutinho…. 

For a man who likes to sign serial winners, there’s not many there, and that’s at a club with resources that supersede our own by some margin. The man’s arrogance is eye watering, yet, his track record in the transfer market is largely hideous. 

That is the way we are heading lol he bought two players from a team we stuffed 9 nil. He doesn’t have a clue how to build a winning side. 

Guest itude
22 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Yep watching it too, and I could not agree more, and that is without Philips and Raphinha.

That is what we are missing, and only 1 person is responsible for that.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its when not if he's sacked, and IMO he's clearly angling for it

Yeah. He is doing a Mourinho. Putting the blame on the players, then the club’s lack of support for new players, and I bet he would love Fofana to leave so that then he has the perfect excuse for his bad tactics, team selection and mental management. 

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Watching Leeds makes me detest Rodgers even more. Going a goal up and still playing for more, Rodgers tactics are so poor the bloke does not deserve anything like the money he is stealing from the club, there is not a single city fan I know now that doesn’t want him gone!! Please **** this horrible little man off top PLEASE!!!!!

Yeah, its kind of painful to watch. In theory we have a better squad,and they just lost Philips and Raphinha. Surely no one can defend that fool Rodgers any more, it's so clear we need someone in to instill that in our players, and he ain't up to it.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

While I tend to agree you've literally overlooked the bloke that's still there and won every trophy going bar the FA Cup.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Didn't say he had to be neutral, the post you're replying to literally says him and his employee would probably want to keep the manager onside rather than the club. He can say he doesn't agree with the club and get no repercussions. If he starts criticising managers, he loses potential contacts, interviews etc in future.

I think Neville has always towed the Glaziers are at fault line. Honestly can't remember Carragher when Rodgers got sacked. Wasn't that when Henry touched his knee? lol

Your initial post said he had to be relatively neutral? I'm sure the club could tell a manager to not talk to certain people if they really wanted to.

I wouldn't care if he was critical of the club and it was warranted, the stuff he spouted after Ranieri went stunk of a mainstream opinion of people who didn't realise we were going down under him.

I'm sure there's others as well as those two, those are just off the top of my head and yes Rodgers going was the Carragher knee moment 😂