Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Beachyboy said:

By sacking somebody on £10 million and employing somebody on £3 million a year, that's a £7 million a year saving adding up to £21 million savings over three years offsetting the £30 million paid to get rid of Rogers.

But… that costs you £39m instead of £30m? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he finishes 14th at the end of the season then you will still have to sack him and pay the same money!!!

Waiting so long only prolongs the problem, it suits no one. Unless you are waiting for a nanager you have identified to finish his current contract,  then there would be little point in waiting. 

My point is I don't see how he gets another good job finishing 14th with us, so him and the club are both better to save face and mutually terminate his contact, leaving an opportunity for somebody else to fall victim in the future.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

My point is I don't see how he gets another good job finishing 14th with us, so him and the club are both better to save face and mutually terminate his contact, leaving an opportunity for somebody else to fall victim in the future.

... there has been a lot of post describing his (Rodgers) relationship with the press!!!

They will spin any failure with the narrative that we have failed to give him the funds in order to compete. He is still the "teflon one", he will come out smelling of roses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

But… that costs you £39m instead of £30m? 

Ok so no savings then but the wage bill has at least been cut to potentially allow another player to sign, an if you sack the manager you have to replace them with someone anyway. What about leaking a story to the paper that he's looking for a new club. There must be something in his contact that allows the owners to pull the plug, maybe it's if we are bottom of the table? I know when he signed this contract we were flying high but surely you prepare for every eventuality, when doubling a managers contact an extending it.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... there has been a lot of post describing his (Rodgers) relationship with the press!!!

They will spin any failure with the narrative that we have failed to give him the funds in order to compete. He is still the "teflon one", he will come out smelling of roses.

You can't spin that rubbish if we get relegated or finish in the bottom half with the players we have, we still have at least the 8th best squad in the league, I personally think tho West ham have started slow, I'd rather have Moyes in charge to turn it around than Rogers. I know he's on good money Rogers, but continuing to just go through the motions won't sit well with fans, a vocal revolt is needed short term toxicity will at least produce the outcome most are now looking for.

• Like 1

Rodgers is a fvcking clown.  Look at the results last season... dropping points to relegated clubs.  Now this season. 

Yet he is blind to his own shortcomings and takes no responsibility... blaming others.

This isn't a man we can live with.  Top needs to cut him lose today.  Rodgers isn't worthy of our club.

21 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

By sacking somebody on £10 million and employing somebody on £3 million a year, that's a £7 million a year saving adding up to £21 million savings over three years offsetting the £30 million paid to get rid of Rogers.

+9,000,000

----------------

39,000,000 > 30,000,000

4 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

How will this play out?

Without question Rodger’s wants out, the job is no longer what was sold to him and so he will be wanting to go. Leicester would be quite happy to let him go too, but there is a question of the right club for Rodger’s to go to and us not wanting to kick him out as the compensation would be huge. So this isn’t going ti be fixed overnight. 

The other issue is a replacement. The Leicester job is no longer as desirable as it was as we are now going through the process of a reset. That reset being lower waged players so we don’t get into the mess we are in right now. 

The dynamics of the manager and club position isn’t hard to work out, but the position of Top is one that worries me more.

So Rodger’s will only ever want to operate at the highest level, I get that and he will move to address this given time.

But Top has always been one to operate there too. So with the reset, which will include lower paid players, smaller contracts and therefore smaller chance of success, will he have the appetite to carry on if the interest of success diminishes?

The next few years will be interesting, and the fans reaction to Top not signing Tielemans type players won’t go down well.  How will he react to the negativity that will come with that ? 

I think high quality players can still be found, but earlier in their development, essentially the club will perhaps need to take a higher risk, but in return when it pays of we will likely have the players on a lower salary as they will have moved to use from a lower level.

The problem when you look for ready made players is there is a premium attached to that.

What sort of salary did players like Huth and Evans join us on?

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Whether he’s actively angling to get sacked is irrelevant because he needed sacking last season anyway.

The only important thing is to sack him today…and let me reap my 8:1 winnings.

Better than the odds I got slightly.  7/1.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agree that’s likely there approach but I think we need to counter with a cash plus player option - get in Chalobah and 1 more as we need fresh blood. We can go on with Big Dan in the defence 

Thats what I was thinking too so as to cushion the blow but like you've said it's vital that we get some players in with KDH's mentality and drive. Big Dan I just don't get?? Cags never, ever makes nowhere near the mistakes per game that Amartey is making. It's either a statement from Rodgers to Top that (our entire right flank is crap) which aside from catagna I'd agree, or he genuinely loves the guy which is worrying.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just to clarify, the £10m pay off negates the other 2 years at £10m a year!!!

A new manager at £3m a year would save us £14m up to the end of the previous contract.

So it's less of a risk, I've took the time to just add up how many leads we have thrown away since the first I recalled in October last year v Palace and I make it out to be 15 times we have taken the lead and failed to win.

25 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think high quality players can still be found, but earlier in their development, essentially the club will perhaps need to take a higher risk, but in return when it pays of we will likely have the players on a lower salary as they will have moved to use from a lower level.

The problem when you look for ready made players is there is a premium attached to that.

What sort of salary did players like Huth and Evans join us on?

Not sure but we took Huth before we started on the huge wage bill route.

Evans will be on a huge wage as he was free, so his transfer value would have been rolled into his salary and agents fees ( his dad is his agent)

The big issue we have is paying the likes of Vestergaard and Chouldry silly money. Think both are £60k a week, which then means we have no chance of selling them on.

I wouldn’t blame Rodger’s for this, he doesn’t look after the books and it is clear that this current predicament he wasn’t aware of when he mentioned the refresh in February. He wasn’t aware there wasn’t money for the refresh. 

Whoever is giving out £60k a week for bang average players which mean we get out cash tied up is where the issue is. 

We were doing well with Rodger’s until the money stopped flowing 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Not sure but we took Huth before we started on the huge wage bill route.

Evans will be on a huge wage as he was free, so his transfer value would have been rolled into his salary and agents fees ( his dad is his agent)

The big issue we have is paying the likes of Vestergaard and Chouldry silly money. Think both are £60k a week, which then means we have no chance of selling them on.

I wouldn’t blame Rodger’s for this, he doesn’t look after the books and it is clear that this current predicament he wasn’t aware of when he mentioned the refresh in February. He wasn’t aware there wasn’t money for the refresh. 

Whoever is giving out £60k a week for bang average players which mean we get out cash tied up is where the issue is. 

We were doing well with Rodger’s until the money stopped flowing 

Agree although Rodgers has always had the inability to make an effective tactical change.

I’ve always said it and so did Liverpool fans. He has no plan B.

Whoever sanctioned the deals to give average players a great wage really needs to be held accountable also. Rudkin and Whelan can’t be completely innocent in this.

Our situation is becoming quite clear for all to see. We obviously can’t do anything because our senior squad are earning too much. We have to ship out and rebuild but no one is willing to match the ridiculous wages we pay.

Rodgers is frustrated he can’t bring anyone in but doesn’t want to see the likes of fofana and Maddison go, as it’s a step backwards in terms of where we want to be. 

Meanwhile Rodgers continuously frustrates everyone else by making decisions like dropping Cags and just not playing Praet at all! 
Then to top things off will come out at the post match interview and try to justify his inability to do anything productive with a deflective statement.

Hopefully the end of the transfer window will stabilise things and we’ll be able to focus on picking up results more.

1 minute ago, Izzet is God said:

Agree although Rodgers has always had the inability to make an effective tactical change.

I’ve always said it and so did Liverpool fans. He has no plan B.

Whoever sanctioned the deals to give average players a great wage really needs to be held accountable also. Rudkin and Whelan can’t be completely innocent in this.

Our situation is becoming quite clear for all to see. We obviously can’t do anything because our senior squad are earning too much. We have to ship out and rebuild but no one is willing to match the ridiculous wages we pay.

Rodgers is frustrated he can’t bring anyone in but doesn’t want to see the likes of fofana and Maddison go, as it’s a step backwards in terms of where we want to be. 

Meanwhile Rodgers continuously frustrates everyone else by making decisions like dropping Cags and just not playing Praet at all! 
Then to top things off will come out at the post match interview and try to justify his inability to do anything productive with a deflective statement.

Hopefully the end of the transfer window will stabilise things and we’ll be able to focus on picking up results more.

I get his issues, but to be honest I would live with them as we can question all managers and I think he is one of the best we could ever expect to have. 
I think he is a decent manager given a very large budget.

He certainly isn’t a decent manager without a budget as this isn’t his game. 
Time to move on for everyone’s interest, his as much as ours, which is a great shame as I think he would have been brilliant if he could have carried on spending.

Eighth last year with the injuries we had is pretty good in my book, irrelevant of certain decisions we may question 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I get his issues, but to be honest I would live with them as we can question all managers and I think he is one of the best we could ever expect to have. 
I think he is a decent manager given a very large budget.

He certainly isn’t a decent manager without a budget as this isn’t his game. 
Time to move on for everyone’s interest, his as much as ours, which is a great shame as I think he would have been brilliant if he could have carried on spending.

Eighth last year with the injuries we had is pretty good in my book, irrelevant of certain decisions we may question 

I’m not saying I think he’s a bad manager, I just think he has faults which he is reluctant to work on and doesn’t take accountability for his decisions most times.
This is why I think he won’t ever be a top coach in the game.

Look at last season. How long did it take for him to even consider addressing the set pieces issues, regardless of our injuries. It was farcical.

Same as when he was at Liverpool with their title run and the famous Slippy G incident. The reason they lost the title was his inability to play for a draw that game against Chelsea and hold onto a 3-0 lead at Palace.

Sounds familiar to when we couldn’t hold onto 4th?

I think the call for him to be sacked is a bit extreme. Yes we’ve been dire so far but we’re 3 games in with obvious background issues going on distracting the club.

In all honesty, I think he’s done a good job for us in his tenure and can continue to do so if he’s backed. Hardly his fault that the board have decided to implement expenditure on the training ground, stadium expansion and player bonus after league and cup wins etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

So it's less of a risk, I've took the time to just add up how many leads we have thrown away since the first I recalled in October last year v Palace and I make it out to be 15 times we have taken the lead and failed to win.

Is this fear within our team instilled by Rodgers. A negative mentally that was not there when we were thrashing teams. 

• Like 2