Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watching two managers letting their side go out, respect their opponent but giving them a run for their money, brings me hope that there is a silver lining once we get rid of this guy. 

Can’t imagine either Newcastle or Leeds manager waxing lyrical about how great the opponent is. Our manager would be telling us they are the greatest clubs in the world. 

That what p***es me off about Brendan, goes to Newcastle and at the pre match interview gushing at how lovely the stadium the fans and the club is...I wanna 🤮 l. Then does the same with Man city and the rest of the scummy 6

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Genuinely stunned there’s not been an announcement today. 

Yeah it’s very weird. I assume it’s a lot different and more complex here due to his criminal salary. Must be a lot of shit for our lawyers to sort.

I honestly cannot believe he hasn’t been sacked or there’s any rumours. Top was there yesterday and not only watched that crap, but saw people leave and heard the boo’s. We’re sick of this style of football, sick of the excuses he makes, and pissed off we’ve done nothing in the transfer market.
Surely he needs to act? What are they doing in that board room? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Regardless of how in or out you are, or how strongly you feel, why are people genuinely surprised he’s not been sacked? 

No ownership is going to sack a manager 3 games into a new season. 

Agreed, it makes more sense to let him fail another 5 or 6 times before sacking him.

He should have been gone in the summer but we clearly don't want to pay out unless it looks desperate.

It's odd as you can still get 4 to 1 on him being next to be sacked.  That seems a great bet given the hopelessness of the situation. I submit that there can't have been a worse manager in the Premier league in the last 10 years, based on his CURRENT trend performance, assessed on all basis.

24 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Is he still here?

Another couple of days of wishful thinking are almost over.

I'll do the same tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

Please Top show this charlatan the exit door.

I am with you. This has gone on way too long. The end of lsst season and the first few ganes if this cannot leave top with any doubt.  Top must cut him loose. For all of us .

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Regardless of how in or out you are, or how strongly you feel, why are people genuinely surprised he’s not been sacked? 

It’s not in isolation though. It’s not JUST 3 games. Context man. He’s having a pop at them in the pressers. Post match interviews. It’s all a bit Mexican stand-off   

• Like 1

I'm even more annoyed with the charlatan than i was this morning. 

35 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Is he still here?

Another couple of days of wishful thinking are almost over.

I'll do the same tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

Please Top show this charlatan the exit door.

We haven't gone through all the 'the manager has the full support of the board' stuff yet. We are a long way off a sacking.

Wan**er will probably go and get a result against Chelsea just to piss us all off. 

28 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Usually a club will look would look at his previous 10 to 15 games and sum that up regardless of when a season starts.

In this case they should be looking at, has there been improvement.

NO there ****ing hasn't its getting worse

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

No they should’ve sacked him 1 year ago so what’s another 3 games…

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watching two managers letting their side go out, respect their opponent but giving them a run for their money, brings me hope that there is a silver lining once we get rid of this guy. 

Can’t imagine either Newcastle or Leeds manager waxing lyrical about how great the opponent is. Our manager would be telling us they are the greatest clubs in the world. 

This was exactly what we were like in the first year or so of Brendan, it's why I don't get the desire to give managers long contracts.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This was exactly what we were like in the first year or so of Brendan, it's why I don't get the desire to give managers long contracts.

Out of interest, would it have been Brendan's requirement to have a long contract or something the club would have wanted? I remember reading that Top really wanted Brendan, but a long contract really gave Brendan all the power in this deal so presume it came from Brendan. Agree with you that long contracts aren't right, as even the best managers (except Fergie) seem to have a shelf life before it goes stale.