Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

incredibly likely we could be bottom after 5 games 

Not Brendan’s fault! No players signed, best players sold!

he got them 5th twice and won the FA cup!

Brendan’s going to get his pay off and walk away smelling of roses!

he is a charlatan and I am convinced he is now trying to get the sack. His decisions are just too bad not to be done on purpose.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This was exactly what we were like in the first year or so of Brendan, it's why I don't get the desire to give managers long contracts.

Agreed. We genuinely used to play with pace and harry the opposition under Rodgers.

I think as the game goes more and more towards high pressing, running round like madmen for 90 minutes, it feels like most managers seem to have a 2 year shelf life before players lose their energy and can’t keep it up anymore.

Think while the red mist is on this forum right now, when we look back in 5 years we’ll appreciate the job Rodgers did, but ultimately, like Mourinho or Bielsa, it seems he has a 2 year shelf life before his players can’t press and have the same energy.

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

If there’s nothing heard by tomorrow evening then it’s not even close. Seem to recall previous sackings taking a few days.

Puel was next day I seem to remember?

Lost to Palace 4-1, 3pm Saturday KO.

Sacked around 11am Sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Never look at the table until 10 games. Incidentally we'll probably be bottom then! 

every time i look at the fixtures i think we’ll struggle to pick up anything! maybe im just negative but starting to get worried 

I just feel like we should sack the following tomorrow morning. Might be a bit expensive but we'd have a fresh start and it would lift the mood.

Rodgers

Rudders

Amartey

Fofana

Kolo

Tielemans

Davies

Ward

Bertrand

Vestergaad

Soyuncu

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. We genuinely used to play with pace and harry the opposition under Rodgers.

I think as the game goes more and more towards high pressing, running round like madmen for 90 minutes, it feels like most managers seem to have a 2 year shelf life before players lose their energy and can’t keep it up anymore.

Think while the red mist is on this forum right now, when we look back in 5 years we’ll appreciate the job Rodgers did, but ultimately, like Mourinho or Bielsa, it seems he has a 2 year shelf life before his players can’t press and have the same energy.

This is modern football or perhaps was. In your face pressing , no time to think , wait for a mistake , capitalise. The reaction to this stuff will have to be the long accurate pass. However players must utilise space better and not stand still waiting for the ball. Only 20 years ago Scholes and Beckham used this to often devastating effect.

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Out of interest, would it have been Brendan's requirement to have a long contract or something the club would have wanted? I remember reading that Top really wanted Brendan, but a long contract really gave Brendan all the power in this deal so presume it came from Brendan. Agree with you that long contracts aren't right, as even the best managers (except Fergie) seem to have a shelf life before it goes stale.

How long is there to run on his contract?

19 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I just feel like we should sack the following tomorrow morning. Might be a bit expensive but we'd have a fresh start and it would lift the mood.

Rodgers

Rudders

Amartey

Fofana

Kolo

Tielemans

Davies

Ward

Bertrand

Vestergaad

Soyuncu

Doris the tea lady? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know this won’t go down well but I can see him getting until the spurs game. After that there’s an international break. If we are still in the bottom 3 then he’ll be gone then. 

Wouldn’t be surprised at that. The only game I can see us possibly winning in that run would be Villa at home.

At least he would be gone for the Forest game 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Given the amount of player movement over the next two weeks I don't think anything is going to happen until at least 8 games in, and even then I'd say there's little point until the world cup.

After yesterday I’m veering towards a change. It had an air of Puel’s last match at home to Palace yesterday. I don’t favour the bile and vitriol many are putting towards him. He’s done a good job for us overall, but in his own words, this is the longest he’s managed a club, and evidently a pattern emerges of two good years and then a downturn. He’s done a great job in his tenure here, but he just doesn’t seem up for the fight.

Matt Piper made a good point the other day in that you need your manager in a time of adversity more so than the successful times, and he just seems to have his tail between his legs at the moment. The atmosphere around the club is so flat and almost mournful, and it is to the detriment of the team.

Maybe a fresh voice is needed. Realistically I don’t see his job under threat from above imminently, I think he’s got until the Forest game in that regard. I think he walks if Fofana and Tielemans go and we don’t replace them before the deadline. He is right that we need a refresh, I just don’t think he’ll be the man to oversee it

• Like 1

As far as I'm leaning towards wanting him moved on, which I am. I still can't understand some on here with the recruitment issues we've had particularly the defensive ones. We've had to rebuild both of our wingback positions and add cb players and that's on top of a striker over the last couple of years. If KDH hadn't stepped up we really would've been in the shitter. That said, if we hadn't have had to focus on those areas then BR would've got that RW & ACM that we've been crying out for. Maybe things mightve been a little different then.

Guest Kopfkino

Are people actually expecting him to get sacked at this stage? Forget what you want to happen, do you really think it’s going to happen?

I think Sousa is the only manager they’ve got rid of in good time rather than putting it off until there really was no hope. Pearson survived twice when he could/should have been sacked, Shakespeare managed 8 games when he should have 0, Puel deserved to go long before even the helicopter crash. Ranieri should have gone after that Boro game. 

We’re stuck with him for a while yet. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see this being a quick thing

Edited by Kopfkino