Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

As far as I'm leaning towards wanting him moved on, which I am. I still can't understand some on here with the recruitment issues we've had particularly the defensive ones. We've had to rebuild both of our wingback positions and add cb players and that's on top of a striker over the last couple of years. If KDH hadn't stepped up we really would've been in the shitter. That said, if we hadn't have had to focus on those areas then BR would've got that RW & ACM that we've been crying out for. Maybe things mightve been a little different then.

Issue is, Brendan actively recruited Bennett, Bertrand and Vesty…… Congerton then put them on hideous wages. So between them, they’ve ****ed themselves. 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

As far as I'm leaning towards wanting him moved on, which I am. I still can't understand some on here with the recruitment issues we've had particularly the defensive ones. We've had to rebuild both of our wingback positions and add cb players and that's on top of a striker over the last couple of years. If KDH hadn't stepped up we really would've been in the shitter. That said, if we hadn't have had to focus on those areas then BR would've got that RW & ACM that we've been crying out for. Maybe things mightve been a little different then.

We ve had the best of him

.... get rid

6 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

After yesterday I’m veering towards a change. It had an air of Puel’s last match at home to Palace yesterday. I don’t favour the bile and vitriol many are putting towards him. He’s done a good job for us overall, but in his own words, this is the longest he’s managed a club, and evidently a pattern emerges of two good years and then a downturn. He’s done a great job in his tenure here, but he just doesn’t seem up for the fight.

Matt Piper made a good point the other day in that you need your manager in a time of adversity more so than the successful times, and he just seems to have his tail between his legs at the moment. The atmosphere around the club is so flat and almost mournful, and it is to the detriment of the team.

Maybe a fresh voice is needed. Realistically I don’t see his job under threat from above imminently, I think he’s got until the Forest game in that regard. I think he walks if Fofana and Tielemans go and we don’t replace them before the deadline. He is right that we need a refresh, I just don’t think he’ll be the man to oversee it

I veered towards him needing to.go.last Easter.  Now i am certain 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

There's every point. Why let the situation get worse and give the next manager an impossible job. He should've been gone last season but dined off various excuses 

Because you need a replacement lined up. You also need to attract a good manager. 

Serious question - who currently takes the job when we sack a manager who's taken us to Europe twice and won an fa cup with a dwindling squad and no money to spend?

If the club are smart they'll be able to attract someone decent. If they act now you're in danger of making things worse.

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Are people actually expecting him to get sacked at this stage? Forget what you want to happen, do you really think it’s going to happen?

I think Sousa is the only manager they’ve got rid of in good time rather than putting it off until there really was no hope. Pearson survived twice when he could/should have been sacked, Shakespeare managed 8 games when he should have 0, Puel deserved to go long before even the helicopter crash. Ranieri should have gone after that Boro game. 

We’re stuck with him for a while yet

Thanks for this. He will go tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because you need a replacement lined up. You also need to attract a good manager. 

Serious question - who currently takes the job when we sack a manager who's taken us to Europe twice and won an fa cup with a dwindling squad and no money to spend?

If the club are smart they'll be able to attract someone decent. If they act now you're in danger of making things worse.

I do understand what you're saying but I'd hate us to go down out of fear of what might happen. I hope the club have some names in mind for when they pull the trigger

If he is going soon then he will be walking I’d imagine. He won’t want to ruin brand Brendan if the club aren’t willing to back him. He saves face and his stock isn’t too damaged to get a new role when Gerrard goes.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do you honestly see it getting a whole lot better with Rodgers in charge? Both parties (players and manager) look increasingly fed up with each other.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Corky said:

Do you honestly see it getting a whole lot better with Rodgers in charge? Both parties (players and manager) look increasingly fed up with each other.

No it's all looking pretty shit but to be fair to Rodgers he was right when he said we needed a refresh. We don't have the cash for it though.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If he goes at all it won't be for months tbh. 

We'll hang on for as long as possible, he's too expensive to sack. 

I don’t buy the too expensive thing, I really don’t. Firstly, I believe people are firmly overegging the amount it will be and secondly I think there’s a severe underestimation of what the cost will be if we don’t sack him. 

Primarily for me, there been a bunch of potential replacements removed from the market because we dithered when it should’ve been put to bed after Forest. There will be other sackings over the next four weeks - we need to beat the rush. And we also need to do it before we become more of an unattractive proposition. 

There almost universal demand for his sacking across social media, booing at the ground, players going through the motions and failing dismally.

They made the mistake of not having done it already, further delays just compound that error imo. 

• Like 4