Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don’t buy the too expensive thing, I really don’t. Firstly, I believe people are firmly overegging the amount it will be and secondly I think there’s a severe underestimation of what the cost will be if we don’t sack him. 

Primarily for me, there been a bunch of potential replacements removed from the market because we dithered when it should’ve been put to bed after Forest. There will be other sackings over the next four weeks - we need to beat the rush. And we also need to do it before we become more of an unattractive proposition. 

There almost universal demand for his sacking across social media, booing at the ground, players going through the motions and failing dismally.

They made the mistake of not having done it already, further delays just compound that error imo. 

Don't misunderstand me, I agree with pretty much all of that. I think the writing has been on the wall since quite early last season. 

I think his time here has come to an end and I think he's only really going to have a progressively toxic impact on the club from now on. In particular, I really think it's distasteful that he's still repeatedly undermining the confidence of our young players by throwing them under the bus with no responsibility shouldered himself. 

But if we're really sailing as close to the wind as we allegedly are on FFP, the wage bill, the playing budget in general, then they're not going to want to fork out the millions (possibly eight figures) it'll cost to sack him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Nope. 

Apparently he’s left. One of the lads in my football teams group chat has said he’s left. Not like him to come out with anything but he works at an academy…. And he’s telling the lads to put money on him going. 

Don’t get my hopes up

Just now, st albans fox said:

Next manager odds are very sensitive to a flurry of bets 

generally they will come back on line at a bit shorter price once they’ve clarified that nothing has happened 

Next manager markets have very low liquidity on the betting exchanges too, so it will only take a few bets for the likes of hills to suspend (especially on a Sunday night).  

Betfair exchange still shows favorites in this order; Lampard, Gerrard then Rodgers.  Not convinced we will see anything in the near term. 

Okay kids I know you’re all back at school next week and you’re all a bit down but please vent your anger somewhere else.

Favourite quote in all this drivel is the suggestion that the board should take note that people are leaving the ground early😂 like that never happens.

Edited by I blame Wellens

55 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I just feel like we should sack the following tomorrow morning. Might be a bit expensive but we'd have a fresh start and it would lift the mood.

Rodgers

Rudders

Amartey

Fofana

Kolo

Tielemans

Davies

Ward

Bertrand

Vestergaad

Soyuncu

...there are over £140m worth of talent there, you looking to write that all off!!!

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bert I am never going to forgive you if this is bullshit lol 

Pal I’m just the messenger. Sent a few people the chat screenshot…. 

• Like 2

Just now, filbertway said:

Hopefully speaking to the players first thing and then a presser announced. Please let it be.

Termination by mutual consent. Let Rodgers spin it how he wants and we save a bunch of cash.

Weren’t the players at training today?