Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He f***ed it up for himself.....if he had any tactical nous he would of read the game when we were half way through the second half against Brentford.

His stupid subbing off of KDH and not using any subs when he said himself at the end that the players were exhausted due to the heat, has resulted in the team suddenly from looking brilliant to looking prime to be relegated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

So do, this month has been really bad for my mental health.

Why do I care about Leicester so much.

There's absolutely no sense in it whatsoever. I'm a reasonably responsible grown and ageing man with a family and I'm whittling about the antics of a supercilious little man who has more in common with a snidey backstreet car salesman than a football manager. Now I'm really awake 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think he's been sacked yet despite the Twitter rumours.  I do think we are close to a statement from the board on the position, something along the lines of "It's been a difficult few months for the club but we are confident that Brendan Rodgers is the man to turn the situation around."

Then the countdown can begin.

• Sad 1

This is one of those occasions firemen (or firewomen) hate - when there's so much smoke they can't see where the fire is - but they're pretty damn sure there's one blazing away threatening to bring down the house.

In reality he's been a parasite - arriving at a club that was in pretty good shape teamwise and gradually sucking the lifeblood out of it.

Good results stemming from fresh manager, big-name, big-hype response from the lads hid his lack of tactical nouse and an absence of a long-term strategy.

His 'non-declaration of war', as has been hinted on this thread, could have been an attempt to provoke a sacking. But his involvement in managing the team needs ending now.

Unfortunately, in football, only gross misconduct carries with it summary expulsion - he's been getting away with gross incompetence for months.

I prefer to believe that the honours won with him in charge have largely been down to the players and the club.

His mismanagement has now weakened City's position so much that the f**king vultures have caught scent of the blood and are gathering to see what tasty tidbits they can pick off. 

Whatyever it costs, for the long term good of the club, his removal asap is City's highest priority. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Dyche is by no means a bad manager. I genuinely believe he'd have us playing an aggressive, fast, direct and well organised style of play, we'd at least be difficult to beat under Dyche. I think he's underrated because he doesn't play tika taka football, but if given the same sort of opportunity as Eddie Howe was, I reckon you'd get similar results. He's also passionate and more likeable then Rodgers. I think the fans would take to him, which is ironic because we've been slagging him off for years. It's kind of, poetic. 

He’s in the same style of Pearson. 

I just don’t see him being the right person, given we’ve spent years (under Puel, then Rodgers), adapting to a different style. 

We’re never going to be able to compete sustainably playing the mega rich clubs at their own game. Rogers has already publicly said we can’t compete financially. Makes no sense trying to set ourselves up to play a similar style to Man City, always going to be on a hiding to nothing, especially with a fish and chip shop version of pep pulling the strings?

Dyche or a similar style of manager is the way to go. As we all know he kept Burnley competitive on a shoestring, what could he achieve with some backing? Also the brand of football, though not fashionable, (and we’d get told off by pep after every time we played them) could actually end up being a whole lot more exciting to watch than some of the stuff served up by Rogers?

If he had of been sacked / walked away late Sunday evening. No announcement would be made until Monday anyway, highly doubt our PR team were working so late. Still praying we hear something today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

So this is from someone who works st the club - Whelan might be leaving. Had a huge busy up with Rodgers, and she may resign. Don’t shoot the messenger, but could be that way round, Brendan stays, Whelan goes

If the club allow whelan to resign then it shows we really aren’t in a good place financially.  She was vichai’s most trusted ‘employee’ and, whilst I wouldn’t know if Top has quite the same ‘closeness’ to her, retaining BR and letting her leave would be extremely significant. 

there were rumours that Rudkin had the bust up with him - if we could get an Edwards in then BR and rudders leaving would be a win double ! 

Of course rodgers isn’t stupid and manipulation of the whole situation over the past few months to force a sacking rather than his resignation would be likely. He cannot possibly be happy to be here and unable to sign any players - Percy’s article that only half a fofana fee would be available backs us the club’s stance. 

13 minutes ago, richard123 said:

If he had of been sacked / walked away late Sunday evening. No announcement would be made until Monday anyway, highly doubt our PR team were working so late. Still praying we hear something today. 

I’m hoping this is the case, walking in this morning with their Costa to be told they got to put a statement that he’s gone 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

So how many will be refreshing their browser every 5minutes or checking their phone and not working today? And then for there not to be an announcement and he does a press conference for the league cup game.

Looking at the amount looking a this thread at 7am….I’d say quite a few!  

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4