Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

55 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Nah, just got to wait until this evening once the painter/decorators have finished covering up the giant mural of Rodgers on each of the managers office walls

Bugger, I'm disqualified from reacting to anymore posts. Must mean I've been overreacting for 24hrs? Can't be good can it! Must mean I'm now sectioned to the Foxestalk mental health sinbin.

How long is it before you're allowed back into Foxestalk society?

Am I in Foxestalk Towers or could I get sent to Foxestalk Rampton as a repeat offender?

Do I get sent any medication or just have to go cold turkey  ... gobble gobble gobble 🦃🦃🦃

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I noticed, for the first time in a long time, that the attendance on Satdee was down from its usual 32+k max to a figure of 30+k. The faithful are talking with their feet.

Can't give you a tick, I've been neutered! I'm in a gulag 😒. To comment further may only lengthen my sentence. See you on the outside. 

Free the Foxestalk one!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I noticed, for the first time in a long time, that the attendance on Satdee was down from its usual 32+k max to a figure of 30+k. The faithful are talking with their feet.

Cost of living starting to bite for some people? Or maybe a lot of people have gone away before the schools go back. My daughters swimming class and gymnastics was quieter than normal this weekend. Wouldnt read too much into that. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Bugger, I'm disqualified from reacting to anymore posts. Must mean I've been overreacting for 24hrs? Can't be good can it! Must mean I'm now sectioned to the Foxestalk mental health sinbin.

Am I in Foxestalk Towers or could I get sent to Foxestalk Rampton as a repeat offender?

Do I get sent any medication or just have to go cold turkey  ... gobble gobble gobble 🦃🦃🦃

It's hardly a sinbin offence!

When it's happened to me I've usually found it's a day and then back-to-normal.

I suspect it's more of a server/software issue - you've 'maxed-out' on your reactions credit, in spite of your credit-worthiness.

All will be well...if the bugger gets the boot today, that is. :D

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Annoying that, it happened to me a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be a 24 hour ban but was more like 30 or so. I don’t quite get the point of being banned by reacting too much.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Cost of living starting to bite for some people? Or maybe a lot of people have gone away before the schools go back. My daughters swimming class and gymnastics was quieter than normal. Would read too much into that. 

Could be all those things. 

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Annoying that, it happened to me a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be a 24 hour ban but was more like 30 or so. I don’t quite get the point of being banned by reacting too much.

I think, as I've just responded to Volpe, that a topic attracting a flood of reactions could just overwhelm the server side so restricting ones responses keeps the site from being overwhelmed and going down. 

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Yes it's a strange one isn't it. I would have thought that interaction such as liking other people's posts would have been encouraged personally. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bunchy the cat said:

We’re never going to be able to compete sustainably playing the mega rich clubs at their own game. Rogers has already publicly said we can’t compete financially. Makes no sense trying to set ourselves up to play a similar style to Man City, always going to be on a hiding to nothing, especially with a fish and chip shop version of pep pulling the strings?

Dyche or a similar style of manager is the way to go. As we all know he kept Burnley competitive on a shoestring, what could he achieve with some backing? Also the brand of football, though not fashionable, (and we’d get told off by pep after every time we played them) could actually end up being a whole lot more exciting to watch than some of the stuff served up by Rogers?

No! Dyche will tell us the club are happy to be bouncing around the relegation area each year. We are more ambitious than that. Our strategy isn't to be completing with the mega rich, its to disrupt the top six and compete for Europe. We don't do this by pretending to be Man City but we also don't do this pretending to be Burnley either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I think, as I've just responded to Volpe, that a topic attracting a flood of reactions could just overwhelm the server side so restricting ones responses keeps the site from being overwhelmed and going down. 

Jesus Christ, how crap is the server if it is overwhelmed more by emojis than posts!? 😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

That'll be more to do with the ridiculous decision to not release them to general sale. Some complete and utter spunk trumpet decided to make a closed shop even harder to get into.

Just something else to add to the list of what's wrong with Leicester City at the minute

Especially when we are struggling in terms of revenue the club are purposely losing anywhere between 20-60k on match days. Its baffling. 

20 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Cost of living starting to bite for some people? Or maybe a lot of people have gone away before the schools go back. My daughters swimming class and gymnastics was quieter than normal this weekend. Wouldnt read too much into that. 

Cost of living, people away, club making it harder to pass on tickets to friends if you can't make it etc. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Everyone has a rep limit

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Especially when we are struggling in terms of revenue the club are purposely losing anywhere between 20-60k on match days. Its baffling. 

They want more people to sign up for memberships, so are deliberately preventing matches from going to general sale. It’s the same thinking behind the push for digital ticketing. It’s short-sighted and counterproductive, of course, but such is our football club at this moment in time.

Edited by ClaphamFox

33 minutes ago, gerblod said:

A point I made to my son , even allowing for away fans not fully selling out its very telling for only the 2nd game of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Cost of living, people away, club making it harder to pass on tickets to friends if you can't make it etc. 

Last season, I bought tickets to every home game and only missed them when I had Covid. I had every intention of doing the same despite cost of living, and putting footy as the priority. Given the current form, I’m taking a break for a few matches to save money for the winter - unless Brendan goes this week. If that happens, I’ll start parting with my money again. I don’t mind paying to watch the lads lose, but the way we keep losing/drawing is painful to watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They want more people to sign up for memberships, so are deliberately preventing matches from going to general sale. It’s the same thinking behind the push for digital ticketing. It’s short-sighted and counterproductive, of course, but such is our football club at this moment in time.

100% agree some real shortsighted dictatorial decision making going on , someone's massively lost touch with how the fanbase are feeling about a few things including BR and the football sadly .