Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because you need a replacement lined up. You also need to attract a good manager. 

Serious question - who currently takes the job when we sack a manager who's taken us to Europe twice and won an fa cup with a dwindling squad and no money to spend?

If the club are smart they'll be able to attract someone decent. If they act now you're in danger of making things worse.

Problem in attracting a manager its hard when you leave it too late in a relegation fight season.

After game 3 you can argue the season is still to play for.

After game 20 when you 14 points adrift its a bit more difficult.

35 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't give you a tick, I've been neutered! I'm in a gulag 😒. To comment further may only lengthen my sentence. See you on the outside. 

Free the Foxestalk one!

Hi Brendan :brendan_still:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Cost of living starting to bite for some people? Or maybe a lot of people have gone away before the schools go back. My daughters swimming class and gymnastics was quieter than normal this weekend. Wouldnt read too much into that. 

The tickets never went on general sale.... That's probably why. 

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t see him going yet, see where we are after 10 games. Wish he’d go now though it’s going to be poison down at the KP till it happens. 

I get the feeling at this point results mean nothing and the relationship is too far gone to salvage anything between the club and the manager. I think it's a case of who blinks first, either he walks and forfeits the money, or we stump up and send him on his way. 

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Problem in attracting a manager its hard when you leave it too late in a relegation fight season.

After game 3 you can argue the season is still to play for.

After game 20 when you 14 points adrift its a bit more difficult.

Sean The Saviour Dyche will come in. Spaff many pound notes and steady the ship. 

When I say spaff, probably be about £5

Edited by ARM1968

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I get the feeling at this point results mean nothing and the relationship is too far gone to salvage anything between the club and the manager. I think it's a case of who blinks first, either he walks and forfeits the money, or we stump up and send him on his way. 

He’s spent a long time cultivating the narrative that the club can’t afford to buy anyone so that when he’s eventually sacked the media will still love him and his reputation remains intact …

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He’s gonna look real smug in the presser today 

someone will surely ask him about the rumours (probably in the written press part) and he will give a clever answer …

Very much doubt that there will be a presser today. Might have already happened in an embargoed section after the Saints game.

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They want more people to sign up for memberships, so are deliberately preventing matches from going to general sale. It’s the same thinking behind the push for digital ticketing. It’s short-sighted and counterproductive, of course, but such is our football club at this moment in time.

Strategically they are all over the place and its trashing years of hard work. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They want more people to sign up for memberships, so are deliberately preventing matches from going to general sale. It’s the same thinking behind the push for digital ticketing. It’s short-sighted and counterproductive, of course, but such is our football club at this moment in time.

And these people who can’t now get to games might remember that should the time come when we can’t fill the stadium 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s spent a long time cultivating the narrative that the club can’t afford to buy anyone so that when he’s eventually sacked the media will still love him and his reputation remains intact …

What Brendan is trying to say really is the club cannot afford to back him because he’s spent a shitload last season and none of his transfers on the whole have been good enough. Let’s be honest his antics have been disgraceful and Top won’t stand for it never mind also the results as well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

The tickets never went on general sale.... That's probably why. 

They didn’t, but unlike the Brentford game they went on sale to people who had history of purchasing a ticket which probably means any Leicester fan that wanted a ticket could’ve bought one. 

The problem we have is that we have 2 potential targets.... 

1. Dyche - potentially a good short term answer - proven to do a lot with very little money (our situation now) steady ourselves and then go for a longer term option 

2. Pochettino - does well with money and a very high level manager. - but issue here is - why would he join Leicester with no real money? 

Regardless of this like others have said - very crappy time to let go of a manager with the window so close to being shut. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

1. Dyche - potentially a good short term answer - proven to do a lot with very little money (our situation now) steady ourselves and then go for a longer term option 

2. Pochettino - does well with money and a very high level manager. - but issue here is - why would he join Leicester with no real money? 

Regardless of this like others have said - very crappy time to let go of a manager with the window so close to being shut. 

At least it isn’t shut. 

I agree with most of the comments here and I've been advocating this charlatans removal for months but better be very aware people that he is still gonna be our manager next week,  next month and possibly next year.

I cant see anything changing until at least November - when we will be in the brown stuff  properly - so better buckle up or banner up and show the board and the sycophantic media how the coffee really smells.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

The only 2 managers in world football at present.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Not ideal, we know. To continue with our current manager would be a disaster though, imo.