Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The problem we have is that we have 2 potential targets.... 

1. Dyche - potentially a good short term answer - proven to do a lot with very little money (our situation now) steady ourselves and then go for a longer term option 

2. Pochettino - does well with money and a very high level manager. - but issue here is - why would he join Leicester with no real money? 

Regardless of this like others have said - very crappy time to let go of a manager with the window so close to being shut. 

Dyche to “steady ourselves”? This is the same manager that would have got relegated last season if he’d have stayed at Burnley.

Unbelievable. What are peoples obsession with him.

Pochettino, a manager of a club we still sing about for bottling. At least Rodgers won us a trophy.

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s gonna look real smug in the presser today 

someone will surely ask him about the rumours (probably in the written press part) and he will give a clever answer …

Will he?

Has he ever been asked to elaborate on answers? Has ever been asked tough questions?

Free ride always the way from the media regards him.

Edited by Matt

40 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No! Dyche will tell us the club are happy to be bouncing around the relegation area each year. We are more ambitious than that. Our strategy isn't to be completing with the mega rich, its to disrupt the top six and compete for Europe. We don't do this by pretending to be Man City but we also don't do this pretending to be Burnley either.

Just because he managed Burnley doesn't mean he will treat us like Burnley. He's not stupid. If he did come here he would know he would have to at least finish top half and that ambitions and facilities here are very different to Burnley. He kept them up year on year with no budget, he got them promoted twice aswell, extremely underrated. He wouldn't take any shit and he surely can't be any worse than the dross we've served up for over a year now. I would rather have Frank, Potter or Pochettino but realistically he might be the best easiest option.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

They didn’t, but unlike the Brentford game they went on sale to people who had history of purchasing a ticket which probably means any Leicester fan that wanted a ticket could’ve bought one. 

only a couple of days before though. The above describes me.  By that point, I've already got plans booked in unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Fox92 said:

Dyche to “steady ourselves”? This is the same manager that would have got relegated last season if he’d have stayed at Burnley.

Pochettino, a manager of a club we still sing about for bottling. At least Rodgers won us a trophy.

Sometimes a change is needed mate. I think we’ve reached that point personally. Just a new face, set of ideas can make a big difference. And don’t forget, Dyche has always had sod all resources to work with. Not that he’d have any more here at the moment! 

19 minutes ago, stu said:

You can still get 6/1 on him being the next to leave through 888.sport, so either they are slow to read the market or nothing imminent is about to happen.

Just tried to put some on and they're declining bets on it.

9 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Percyyyyyyyyyy

Says in the article we’ll only get half of any Fofana fee to spend.. hahahaha

From the same article some of the saints game stats I find interesting.

We had more passing accuracy than them, but the crossing accuracy is really bad, 40% for saints, 14% for us.

We tried to walk the ball into the goal yet they had double shooting accuracy.
Of course as well all already know our shows and especially shots on target are abysmal under Rodgers per minute of possession.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Sometimes a change is needed mate. I think we’ve reached that point personally. Just a new face, set of ideas can make a big difference. And don’t forget, Dyche has always had sod all resources to work with. Not that he’d have any more here at the moment! 

I agree something needs to change but Dyche is not the option. Only our fans can suggest a manager that has been relegated once and would have again before he got sacked.

He will play as defensive and boring as we do now. Which is why some Burnley fans were fed up with him.

We’re supposed to be a club going places and people want Dyche ffs.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At least he didn’t bottle champions league qualification though..

When Puel was sacked it was obvious that Rodgers had been lined up for a while. Think it was supposed to happen at the end of the season, but the clubs hand was forced into acting earlier by the players obvious dislike for Puel.

doubt very much if we would have a replacement in the pipeline at this time or it would have been done before the season started surely.

If he goes, could be a long search for a successor unless Dyche is brought in, which is something that I do not think would sit well with the fans.

my choice would be for Pochetino if he fancied it here, which is not unthinkable as we pay well and still have enough to challenge top half.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

At least he didn’t bottle champions league qualification though..

So. He got to the final and lost. He got to the final of the league cup and lost. He was challenging us for the title all season then ended third.

I actually like him, he made Spurs a good side, but it’s ironic people labelling Rodgers a bottler (despite the fact he won two finals here) and then he want Pochettino,

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why didn't we sack him in the summer? An absolutely baffling decision.

Never ever give a manager a 5 year contract again, 4 should be the limit.

Nothing baffling about it - we know exactly why.  What's not so clear is what the long game is or was.

• Sad 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

So. He got to the final and lost. He got to the final of the league cup and lost. He was challenging us for the title all season then ended third.

I actually like him, he made Spurs a good side, but it’s ironic people labelling Rodgers a bottler (despite the fact he won two finals here) and then he want Pochettino,

Its not as if Pochettino hasn’t won trophies before yes the French league isn’t as good as the premier league but he’s won trophies. His Spurs team played good football on the whole I would say he’s on par with Rodgers maybe not a step up but for us a good enough manager, and would improve us in the short term.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I don’t get the Poch thing - not only is he not that good at winning things, he’s too emotional about spurs anyway, he hates us 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Its not as if Pochettino hasn’t won trophies before yes the French league isn’t as good as the premier league but he’s won trophies. His Spurs team played good football on the whole I would say he’s on par with Rodgers maybe not a step up but for us a good enough manager, and would improve us in the short term.

He’s probably holding out for the Man Utd job, which may be available again soon.