Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

So this is from someone who works st the club - Whelan might be leaving. Had a huge busy up with Rodgers, and she may resign. Don’t shoot the messenger, but could be that way round, Brendan stays, Whelan goes

Hope not.
She’s a massive part of why this club has achieved so much success in recent years with the decisions and work that goes on behind the scenes. Hopefully held in far more higher esteem by Top than Brendan is! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So. He got to the final and lost. He got to the final of the league cup and lost. He was challenging us for the title all season then ended third.

I actually like him, he made Spurs a good side, but it’s ironic people labelling Rodgers a bottler (despite the fact he won two finals here) and then he want Pochettino,

What I would say is that typically their teams bottle in different ways. 

I think they both have problems with mentality in their squads, I do think Poch was the reason for Spurs bottle reputation and I think it evidently followed him to PSG. 

But I've never thought that Poch's teams looked short on confidence which is Rodgers' biggest problem. Far too much under Brendan we play with fear. 

Pochettino's teams tend to bottle by losing composure and having some Soyuncu style melt down, kicking everyone and having a tantrum. Whilst neither of these things are great, I'd probably rather the latter. 

By and large Pochettino has a positive impact on the the morale of his squads and his young players. Whilst I don't think he'd actually come to Leicester and its moot, I do think he's a better manager than Rodgers and he would correct a lot of our issues. 

I'm not sure he'd be our best choice but eh. I'd rather him to the obvious muck like Rafa, Dyche, De Boer, Solskjaer, Klinsmann, Villas Boas etc. 

Just now, Mr Weller 2 said:

People on here are becoming increasingly vile and abusive and it’s awful to read. You may want Rodgers sacked and you may blame him for recent results but there is no need for the level of personal abuse.

I know it’s our club and people are angry and I know it’s mostly banter but I don’t quite get why some people have to be so vile. After all, statistically he’s our most successful manager and while we’ve got off to a bad start and the lack of transfers has been very frustrating some people are behaving like animals. 

By all means call for him to be sacked and slate his record/ style of play/media comments etc but witless personal abuse says more about the person posting it than Rodgers himself.

Excellent post.

I've regrettably been guilty of this and completely agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

People on here are becoming increasingly vile and abusive and it’s awful to read. You may want Rodgers sacked and you may blame him for recent results but there is no need for the current level of personal abuse.

I know it’s our club and people are angry and I know it’s mostly banter but I don’t quite get why some people have to be so vile. After all, statistically he’s our most successful manager and while we’ve got off to a bad start and the lack of transfers has been very frustrating some people are behaving like animals. 

By all means call for him to be sacked and slate his record/ style of play/media comments etc but witless personal abuse says more about the person posting it than it does about Rodgers.

:appl::appl::appl:

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

People on here are becoming increasingly vile and abusive and it’s awful to read. You may want Rodgers sacked and you may blame him for recent results but there is no need for the current level of personal abuse.

By all means call for him to be sacked and slate his record/ style of play/media comments etc but witless personal abuse says more about the person posting it than it does about Rodgers.

This. Some people need to justify wanting Rodgers gone by internalising that he's a bad person or something. If you think the footballs crap and the results aren't good enough that's fine, I agree with you, but just say that. The hyperbole isn't needed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I think he'll be sacked. But just to note the odds shorted last night because people started putting money down after FT caused the rumour to spread.

Yeah, that's how odds work in reality,they don't make predictions, they balance the risk of the payout based on likelihood and how many people are betting on it.

Paddy Power have taken their sack race market down entirely though.

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

We don’t want Poch ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Doesn’t really matter if we do or don’t, the result will be the same. Not a chance in all hell. 

I feel the looming presence of the suede headed pumpkin man who gargles gravel for breakfast. 

Other options are available, potentially, but we are currently offering any prospective manager a quite unique set of obstacles. Most, with any real pedigree or potential, would simply turn us down. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This. Some people need to justify wanting Rodgers gone by internalising that he's a bad person or something. If you think the footballs crap and the results aren't good enough that's fine, I agree with you, but just say that. The hyperbole isn't needed.

I agree. There is plenty there to justify wanting a change of manager without having to resort to insults.

• Like 3

I really don't want to support a club that sacks a manager 3 games into the season. It's not a great look and if all it's taken is a couple of poor games at the start of the season then it should have been done in the summer. Shows a lacking of planning and organisation within the club currently. 

However, Rodgers is going through the motions and doesn't appear to be bothered if he's sacked. Whilst he takes a lot of the blame, I don't think he's been helped this summer at all from Rudkin at co. I get the feeling that it's a Rodgers/Rudkin falling out and that means Rudkin will throw you under a bus. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Poch is a complete ****ing loser. 

Would rather keep Bodgers

He's not that bad. With Rodgers, the only way is down and he could cause us severe problems for many years to come.

Poch or any other reasonable suggestion would at least give our players hope and fresh impetus. I think Rodgers inaction on certain issues, whether he either didn't acknowledge the problems or know how to deal with them, together with his blame culture has probably diminished the players confidence. There is indeed a need for a refresh, a managerial one!

• Like 1