Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

There's plenty of managers that would fancy 10 million clams a year believe me

Yeah but the problem with doing it this early in the season is very few or them are going to give up current clubs, even if we could afford it. 

The extreme likelihood is it'll be an out of work manager and the current list isn't overwhelming. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s spent a long time cultivating the narrative that the club can’t afford to buy anyone so that when he’s eventually sacked the media will still love him and his reputation remains intact …

I agree mate, I just think we as a club have tried to make it impossible for him to do his job hoping he'd up and leave and he's got no intention to. Think the ball is firmly in our court if anything is to happen, no doubt we will be the villains in all of this, but I think the majority of fans will accept for not only the sake of the season but also our long term future it'll be for the best.

3 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Might not mean a lot but been told there is a plan for Rodgers to take the pre-Chelsea presser so very unlikely anything happens before that at the very least.

Could change of course.

That’s not until Thursday 😭

People can say what they want about Pochettino, yes he has faults like everyone does but he would be a great manager to come into the club and get some passion and fight back into performances. At this point we are a nice, soft team to play against and that needs to change. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Interesting, who is a better alternative?

Disclaimer, Poch would never come to us in a trillion years, but still...

For me, it's Marco Rose all day long. 

You look at the squad we currently have in terms of formations and although there isn't any that suit us to a tee, the diamond comes close. I strongly believe its the system that would get most out of our players and its a system that he favours. 

It plays to our strengths...

Two up top favours pretty much all our strikers. 

Maddison and Ndidi in their strongest positions.

Praet and KDH would offer a good balance on the left and right of the CM.

Space on the wings for our fullbacks.

It also masks our weaknesses...

No need for wingers.

Only two CBs.

the only players it doesnt really suit is Barnes and Albrighton, the former being the main issue. 

Rose is out of a job and I think he is gettable and as I've said, I think of the options I can think of, he's the one two best utilise our current crop. 

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dyche to “steady ourselves”? This is the same manager that would have got relegated last season if he’d have stayed at Burnley.

Unbelievable. What are peoples obsession with him.

Pochettino, a manager of a club we still sing about for bottling. At least Rodgers won us a trophy.

I'm not saying that these are my preferred two options, I'm saying that these in my opinion are the 2 options the club may go for! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The only 2 managers in world football at present.

Yes you are right, let's just throw Pep, Tuchal, Klopp etc name in the hat too.....:rolleyes:

Obviously I'm talking about managers who are "potentially available" and likely the club would go for!

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

The unhinged anti Rodgers people are so petulant. I want him gone too, but he has delieved a FA Cup, two fifth place finishes and a Europa Conference semi final. That shouldnt be dismissed. And personal attacks are just lame.

The 5th places were under performances ...as we collapsed.  We were bullied out of Europe every time.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2