Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I really don't want to support a club that sacks a manager 3 games into the season. It's not a great look and if all it's taken is a couple of poor games at the start of the season then it should have been done in the summer. Shows a lacking of planning and organisation within the club currently. 

However, Rodgers is going through the motions and doesn't appear to be bothered if he's sacked. Whilst he takes a lot of the blame, I don't think he's been helped this summer at all from Rudkin at co. I get the feeling that it's a Rodgers/Rudkin falling out and that means Rudkin will throw you under a bus. 

Should've been done before but for whatever reason wasn't. The club are not blameless but Rodgers could've done a lot more to help smooth things over yet decided to make pointed comments and bizarre selections and subs (and non subs). Plus his refusal to try a different approach and style of play. 

He's not the man for this situation. Any relegation battle is needless, the squad is still strong.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 18:46, sm1 said:

What a cvnt. Deflecting blame from himself and blaming the fans displeasure on transfer activity. Entirely predictable that he's trying to lay the blame on Top and Rudkin now. He's goading them to sack him, so he can collect his 10M payout.

Same old, Same old poor little me they won’t give me any money to spend, it’s not my fault the team are shit. 

The lack of spending over the summer has probably got something to do with not trusting Brendan in the transfer market.  We could have sacked him in the summer and gotten a new manager but the price of getting rid was perhaps too high.  I can envisage a situation where the board haven't been massively impressed with Brendan for a while but have been willing to give him a chance into the new season with largely what we've got player wise.  Everyone can see that the playing squad we have is more than capable of being competitive and we shouldn't be anywhere near relegation.  Now we are three games into the new season, it's pretty obvious the direction this is all going but there really isn't much point in pulling the trigger now.  There's barely enough time to get a new manager in during the transfer window, let alone source players that they would actually want to work with.  Who knows what conversations are going on behind the scenes and which managers are being discussed/approached?

If performances and results continue to be below what's expected then he'll go.  Providing we're on course to have at least 20 points by the time the World Cup comes around, I think he'll stay, unless a manager becomes available who would be a great fit.  Any decent manager should be able to get us 20-25 points across half a season.  And it's in Brendan's best interest to get points on the board too, because if we only have 10-15 points by the World Cup, Brendan's tactics will be called into question by the media and his stock will go down.

30 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

People on here are becoming increasingly vile and abusive and it’s awful to read. You may want Rodgers sacked and you may blame him for recent results but there is no need for the current level of personal abuse.

I know it’s our club and people are angry and I know it’s mostly banter but I don’t quite get why some people have to be so vile. After all, statistically he’s our most successful manager and while we’ve got off to a bad start and the lack of transfers has been very frustrating some people are behaving like animals. 

By all means call for him to be sacked and slate his record/ style of play/media comments etc but witless personal abuse says more about the person posting it than it does about Rodgers.

Have all these posts been deleted? I didnt see any personally insulting him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Might not mean a lot but been told there is a plan for Rodgers to take the pre-Chelsea presser so very unlikely anything happens before that at the very least.

Could change of course.

Why would anyone make a plan that the manager is taking the pre match presser later in the week ?

of course he is 

It’s not like the club can put out plans for Thursday which said 

13:30: chelsea pre match presser: not sure who is taking it through ….

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

For me, it's Marco Rose all day long. 

You look at the squad we currently have in terms of formations and although there isn't any that suit us to a tee, the diamond comes close. I strongly believe its the system that would get most out of our players and its a system that he favours. 

It plays to our strengths...

Two up top favours pretty much all our strikers. 

Maddison and Ndidi in their strongest positions.

Praet and KDH would offer a good balance on the left and right of the CM.

Space on the wings for our fullbacks.

It also masks our weaknesses...

No need for wingers.

Only two CBs.

the only players it doesnt really suit is Barnes and Albrighton, the former being the main issue. 

Rose is out of a job and I think he is gettable and as I've said, I think of the options I can think of, he's the one two best utilise our current crop. 

I don’t know much about him including whether he’d be remotely interested but he sounds like the sort of a manager we might want if Rodgers does go.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Should've been done before but for whatever reason wasn't. The club are not blameless but Rodgers could've done a lot more to help smooth things over yet decided to make pointed comments and bizarre selections and subs (and non subs). Plus his refusal to try a different approach and style of play. 

He's not the man for this situation. Any relegation battle is needless, the squad is still strong.

This is probably a pretty balanced assessment that I’d agree with. I’m disappointed we’ve got to this place but it’s clear that something needs to change.

I still find it disappointing the amount of vitriol some of our ‘fans’ have shown towards a manager who has had a lot of success here and brought us an FA cup. How fickle the modern football fans are, and really I think following some of the ill-feeling towards Rodgers on here from such an early stage, we’ve shown that we are as bad as the worst of them.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

When will people learn, bookmaker odds is about weight of money in the book.

Rumours lead to people placing bets, money being bet on a outcome swings the odds on that outcome.

It's that simple.

UNLESS they know something. 
but the odds dropped after the rumours started in this case so you’re right 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Dyche to “steady ourselves”? This is the same manager that would have got relegated last season if he’d have stayed at Burnley.

Unbelievable. What are peoples obsession with him.

Pochettino, a manager of a club we still sing about for bottling. At least Rodgers won us a trophy.

People's obsession with him undoubtedly comes from the fact he's the polar opposite of Rodgers.

29 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I really don't want to support a club that sacks a manager 3 games into the season. It's not a great look and if all it's taken is a couple of poor games at the start of the season then it should have been done in the summer. Shows a lacking of planning and organisation within the club currently. 

However, Rodgers is going through the motions and doesn't appear to be bothered if he's sacked. Whilst he takes a lot of the blame, I don't think he's been helped this summer at all from Rudkin at co. I get the feeling that it's a Rodgers/Rudkin falling out and that means Rudkin will throw you under a bus. 

It's not just three games this season though is it.

Brendan has lost his way

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Good post.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

People turning their noses up at Poch lol

I’m not turning my nose up, I just find it ironic. 

“Rodgers is a bottler”

”Who came third in a two horse race”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

People's obsession with him undoubtedly comes from the fact he's the polar opposite of Rodgers.

Polar opposite because he’s been relegated?