Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Extremely poor substitution with Lookman. There were two other players at least who could and should have been hooked. 

Plus this playing out and around the back is useless against teams like Burnley. 

Needs someone to have a good reflection with him on some shortcomings. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Extremely poor substitution with Lookman. There were two other players at least who could and should have been hooked. 

Plus this playing out and around the back is useless against teams like Burnley. 

Needs someone to have a good reflection with him on some shortcomings. 

It’s not because hoofing it upfield is likely to lose possession 

BUT - be cuter about it - they pressed high with a front three but left a gap behind - their midfield didn’t back up that press - we really should have been able to drop two midfielders in to play out comfortably - lack of movement and intelligence on our part

• Like 2

On 23/09/2021 at 14:13, Footballwipe said:

Might have missed this in the thread previous, but I find it interesting how relatively consistent he is in terms of full PL seasons and points totals

2011-12: 47pts

2012-13: 61pts

2013-14: 84pts

2014-15: 62pts

2019-20: 62pts

2020-21: 66pts

2011-12: 47pts

2012-13: 61pts

2013-14: 84pts

2014-15: 62pts

2019-20: 62pts

2020-21: 66pts

2021-22: 18pts

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not because hoofing it upfield is likely to lose possession 

BUT - be cuter about it - they pressed high with a front three but left a gap behind - their midfield didn’t back up that press - we really should have been able to drop two midfielders in to play out comfortably - lack of movement and intelligence on our part

I'm not advocating a hoof. But we looked dangerous when running at them. The ponderous passing between the back line was redundant ; it doesn't work against every team and Rodgers needs to recognise this. I don't think he does currently. 

Guest Kopfkino
9 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Bertrand was 10x worse than Ricardo

What? Ricardo failed to take ownership for the first goal, having been completely done leading up to the corner and wasn’t tight enough to his man for the second. 

Ricardo is definitely one of those players that can get away with absolutely anything with the fans. Bertrand wasn’t great but to think he was 10x worse than Ricardo is bizarre.

Edited by Kopfkino

As I said in the Burnley thread, we have a fully fit squad bar Fofana and Justin. Evans is and out. We haven't sold a big player. I'm not quite sure why Rodgers is struggling to get performances out of this team. 

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What? Ricardo failed to take ownership for the first goal, having been completely done leading up to the corner and wasn’t tight enough to his man for the second. 

Ricardo is definitely one of those players that can get away with absolutely anything with the fans. Bertrand wasn’t great but to think he was 10x worse than Ricardo is bizarre.

Blaming Ricardo for the 1st goal is a massive stretch, it's a freak goal but it's 100% on Vardy. It was a simple header away, there was no need for Ricardo to stay on the post. 2nd one fair enough he should do better but Bertrand offered nothing going forward and we were 2-1 down. 

19 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

it is, he was a 1000x worse. Bertrand is hopeless

Such exciting football. I just can't get enough of it.

Cradle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Infact that's not a fair representation or comparison, they're going far too fast.

People honestly can't get excited over that shite, sideways, backwards, negative shite, can they? Tragic.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

I’m losing faith. But I also know there’s not a better option out there for us. 

I just hope he can address the issues quickly.  We are looking good in parts but we’ve built a squad with so many errors in it that we are going to keep ending up in situations like this 

Guest Kopfkino
41 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Blaming Ricardo for the 1st goal is a massive stretch, it's a freak goal but it's 100% on Vardy. It was a simple header away, there was no need for Ricardo to stay on the post. 2nd one fair enough he should do better but Bertrand offered nothing going forward and we were 2-1 down. 

Ricardo is standing right behind him in a much better position to clear it. Not a word came out of his mouth to take ownership of the situation. Vardy shouldn’t be anywhere near it cos the bloke behind him should take responsibility. If that’s a goalkeeper standing there watching that, he gets rightly berated for not communicating and dealing with the situation. He was also in no man’s land for the lead up to the corner

He was hooked at half time cos he was shit. Maybe Bertrand could also have been hooked but at least he wasn’t responsible for two goals going in our net.

Edited by Kopfkino

We look so much better when we are on the front foot. We don’t look good playing out from the back, to slow and predictable.
He should be able to see this and as others have said we have the players available to rectify this. 

Just now, tetly said:

We look so much better when we are on the front foot. We don’t look good playing out from the back, to slow and predictable.
He should be able to see this and as others have said we have the players available to rectify this. 

bUt ItS tHe WaY tO pLaY fOoTbAlL!!