Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

25 minutes ago, ronnup said:

There's plenty of managers that would fancy 10 million clams a year believe me

...let's hope we never attempt to offer that amount ever again!!!

The shear amount we pay Rodgers has tied our hands and influenced decisions based on financial pragmatism as opposed to what was better for the club.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Who came 5th in a 4 horse race, twice?

Irrelevant.

We literally sing about a club, some are obsessed with it, and then the same people want that manager. At least Rodgers has won trophies in this Country.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Irrelevant.

We literally sing about a club, some are obsessed with it, and then the same people want that manager. At least Rodgers has won trophies in this Country.

It's Spurs though, they're cursed! He's still a top manager

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Who came 5th in a 4 horse race, twice?

Totally different. Those 2 seasons were never described as being a 4 horse race. We were never seen as a sure thing to be in the top 4. Us and Tottenham were so far ahead of the chasing pack for a long time that it literally was just the 2 teams and spurs still bottled.

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Totally different. Those 2 seasons were never described as being a 4 horse race. We were never seen as a sure thing to be in the top 4. Us and Tottenham were so far ahead of the chasing pack for a long time that it literally was just the 2 teams and spurs still bottled.

Weren't we 12 points clear of 5th at one point? lol

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, foxfanazer said:

It's Spurs though, they're cursed! He's still a top manager

He is a good manager, I don’t doubt it. As I said before I do like him and he turned Spurs into a good side. 

But I don’t think people are turning their noses up at that, as you put it, people like me find it ironic to jump from one “bottler” to another.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

UNLESS they know something. 
but the odds dropped after the rumours started in this case so you’re right 

It will be all down to algorithms reacting to people placing bets.

I'd imagine it is a small market, so it will not take a lot to shift the odds.

Just now, Fox92 said:

He is a good manager, I don’t doubt it. As I said before I do like him and he turned Spurs into a good side. 

But I don’t think people are turning their noses up at that, as you put it, people like me find it ironic to jump from one “bottler” to another.

Then my post probably wasn't directed at you mate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

We looked pretty certain Christmas 2019

Want him to go now, but will always appreciate Europe, the FA Cup, etc. The issue is, his flaws have come to overwhelm his strengths and I don't believe (does anyone?) he can return us to an upward trajectory. He is just too rigid in his team selection and strategy; his man-management is supposed to be good, but his tactical coaching is weak and the team has become more fragile and panicky as a result. We used to see that sometimes, now we see it all the time. 

What I really hope, is that while we are whining away, the club are actively lining up replacements, looking ahead and putting a deal in place. If the ambition that KP have for the club is real, we should absolutely to be talking to managers at Poch's level now. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly people want Dyche over Poch...........

Not that Poch would come here in the first place.

I think we just want a manager that wants to be here again, a manager that wants to make us the best team we can be. 

Not someone who messed up 4th place the first time round, costing him the Man Utd job, then messed it up the second time, costing him.... the Man Utd job.

His escape plan has failed misserably and he's stuck with us and we are stuck with him (for now)

Moving for Poch would see exactly the same thing happen.

We need someone young and exciting who wants to succeed and create something, i'd personally even start looking at Assistant Managers/Coaches who are making a bit of noise around themselves, similarly some managers in the Championship/abroad who are just starting out.

We need a reset and to do that we need someone who would do anything to get this job.

That's why you will start to see people leaning towards a Dyche, or other less fancied/obvious choices. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It will be all down to algorithms reacting to people placing bets.

I'd imagine it is a small market, so it will not take a lot to shift the odds.

Yep one 3 figure bet will drop the odds dramatically. Theres always some herbert that gets too excited by these rumours and slings 100 or so on hoping to get in on 4/1 early.

• Like 1