Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

IF, it was to happen, the timing couldn’t be worse. 

Transfer window closing, Fofana and Tielemans desperate to leave, hardly enough time to get a manager in, let alone any new signings, or replacements if they do leave. 

It’s an awful start to the season, but with the World Cup being this year, and a winter break, it makes much more sense to keep him until then, and use that period to rebuild if we need to. 

We’re not going down, it’s a awful start but it’s Leicester, we could lose to Stockport tomorrow and slap Chelsea 4-0. Give him to the Winter break then decide imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I think we just want a manager that wants to be here again, a manager that wants to make us the best team we can be. 

Not someone who messed up 4th place the first time round, costing him the Man Utd job, then messed it up the second time, costing him.... the Man Utd job.

His escape plan has failed misserably and he's stuck with us and we are stuck with him (for now)

Moving for Poch would see exactly the same thing happen.

We need someone young and exciting who wants to succeed and create something, i'd personally even start looking at Assistant Managers/Coaches who are making a bit of noise around themselves, similarly some managers in the Championship/abroad who are just starting out.

We need a reset and to do that we need someone who would do anything to get this job.

That's why you will start to see people leaning towards a Dyche, or other less fancied/obvious choices. 

Great post 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly people want Dyche over Poch...........

Not that Poch would come here in the first place.

Mad isn't it. We may have started the season  badly but we are still way above Dyches level. Seems some have got so pissed off with Rodgers ball, they'd be happy to just have Dyche bring in 2 massive centre backs who launch the ball forward to 2 massive centre forwards. I want Rodgers gone but if the answer is Dyche then Rodgers can stay 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think we just want a manager that wants to be here again, a manager that wants to make us the best team we can be. 

Not someone who messed up 4th place the first time round, costing him the Man Utd job, then messed it up the second time, costing him.... the Man Utd job.

His escape plan has failed misserably and he's stuck with us and we are stuck with him (for now)

Moving for Poch would see exactly the same thing happen.

We need someone young and exciting who wants to succeed and create something, i'd personally even start looking at Assistant Managers/Coaches who are making a bit of noise around themselves, similarly some managers in the Championship/abroad who are just starting out.

We need a reset and to do that we need someone who would do anything to get this job.

That's why you will start to see people leaning towards a Dyche, or other less fancied/obvious choices. 

No matter who it is, if Man U come sniffing they will be the same.

There is a food chain in football you just have to accept it.

Dyche......have we sunk that low.  What's Pulis doing at the moment, come to think of it get Big Sam!  Get any manager like these in, then see how many empty seats will be in the stadium after a couple of months.

I think the owners want a style of football, it has to look good back in Thailand, I could see them going for Poch, he will blood the youngsters, at PSG he wasn't a coach, he had no say or control.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

There's a remote chance of geting a manager who managed in the Champions League final but people want some shoe collector with a disc beard from Kettering. This website, man.

Ask psg fans about poch, absolute bottler, weak mentality 

3 minutes ago, Onions said:

Transfer window closing, Fofana and Tielemans desperate to leave, hardly enough time to get a manager in, let alone any new signings, or replacements if they do leave. 

It’s an awful start to the season, but with the World Cup being this year, and a winter break, it makes much more sense to keep him until then, and use that period to rebuild if we need to. 

We’re not going down, it’s a awful start but it’s Leicester, we could lose to Stockport tomorrow and slap Chelsea 4-0. Give him to the Winter break then decide imo. 

We could very easily be going down.  Rodgers has lost the squad (as he always does), and some of the best players are unusable and unsellable because he’s banished them.  There aren’t three obvious bottom-feeders to shield us from danger, either.  Waiting until halfway through this season would be madness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onions said:

This used to be the way, lose to some minnow and then beat a top team. Then we started beating both. Now, I don't feel we'll beat either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onions said:

I don't think it will happen for the very reasons you cite. There are legitimate reasons to give the benefit of the doubt at the moment, as much as it galls me to say. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the club are looking/have looked at options though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

People on here are becoming increasingly vile and abusive and it’s awful to read. You may want Rodgers sacked and you may blame him for recent results but there is no need for the current level of personal abuse.

I know it’s our club and people are angry and I know it’s mostly banter but I don’t quite get why some people have to be so vile. After all, statistically he’s our most successful manager and while we’ve got off to a bad start and the lack of transfers has been very frustrating some people are behaving like animals. 

By all means call for him to be sacked and slate his record/ style of play/media comments etc but witless personal abuse says more about the person posting it than it does about Rodgers.

I think I’ve read just about every one of the 4000+ posts and can’t say that I’ve read any that   slate the little fella strongly enough!! 

Just now, Deeg67 said:

We could very easily be going down.  Rodgers has lost the squad (as he always does), and some of the best players are unusable and unsellable because he’s banished them.  There aren’t three obvious bottom-feeders to shield us from danger, either.  Waiting until halfway through this season would be madness.

I know the start of the season has fully gone to plan, and it’s been pretty dire, but I still can’t believe we are in any danger.
There are easily three worse teams in the league than us, including your beloved Leeds United. 
Who are these best players who are unusable and unsellable?

Things are pretty poor right now, but there is no need for hyperbole. 

• Haha 1

Just now, KFS said:

Why do I get the impression he’s going to say something stupid tomorrow after Stockport like ‘sorry to the Leicester fans who want me gone, but I’m still here’

Think anyone who doesn't want to be here should just get lost - it's like a cancer in the team, festering away.

I think Rodgers wants out, body language says it all.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Even the people defending him and wanting him to stay don't suggest that he could turn things around here. He's finished so the sooner we get rid the better

I accept it’s time for him to go now, but the negativity is so large from a vocal portion now that discussions are no longer possible, and have not been for a while. People have put his exit above any results, therefore the battle is lost. irregardless.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

People turning their noses up at Poch lol

...I  could forsee a very short association should Pochettino be brought in!!!

He would no doubt see us a stop gap while looking further afield. His tenure at Spurs was said to be a constant training regime which wore their players down mentally and physically. Over training is just as bad as under training your squad, and finding that balance for Poch, does not seem to have happened so far.

No doubt he has adapted the same principles going to PSG and inevitably having to watch his charges run out of steam.

His obsessive regime of training maybe a way of exerting control over the team, but if it constantly results in his charges being under powered at the sharp end of the season, then he needs to find another way of illiciting the respect that he seems to need.

This I fear, is very much part and parcel of his persona, probably ingrained and almost impossible to undo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I can't see him going today, with Stockport tomorrow. If its going to happen I reckon Wednesday. 

If the club decided to get rid of him, why on earth would they delay because of an away game at a lower division side in the league cup?