Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I still believe Rodgers has a future here, im not in the camp of wanting him gone. Think people are too quick to chop and change managers. We have seen how our team can play under his leadership and i believe we can return to that level of playing. Yes recent times haven't gone to plan but i trust him to get us going.

I think im more for keeping Rodgers simply because i think the alternatives are just rubbish. Dyche ughhhh. Poch wont come to us that's just daft. Rafa can get in the bin.

If it was to happen then i would like to try and prise Thomas Frank from Brentford. Personally though i would like to weather the storm and persevere with Rodgers.

I may be in a minority but that's my thoughts

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Mad isn't it. We may have started the season  badly but we are still way above Dyches level. Seems some have got so pissed off with Rodgers ball, they'd be happy to just have Dyche bring in 2 massive centre backs who launch the ball forward to 2 massive centre forwards. I want Rodgers gone but if the answer is Dyche then Rodgers can stay 

He's a pragmatic manager.. He does what he needs to do with what he has.. Unlike potch and especially Rodgers. Poch couldn't win anything of note with a star filled psg side. 

12 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Where's @Bert this morning? 

Any other insightful messages from WhatsApp? 

I’m right here mate :wave: 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We could very easily be going down.  Rodgers has lost the squad (as he always does), and some of the best players are unusable and unsellable because he’s banished them.  There aren’t three obvious bottom-feeders to shield us from danger, either.  Waiting until halfway through this season would be madness.

Personally think it’s more of a risk to sack him and replace him without a plan, days before the window closes 

Time will tell, but I don’t think relegation is a real possibility. 

Let’s say we get nothing against Chelsea, Man Utd or Brighton, I still we’re fine, there’s some trash in this league, and we’re part of that currently but way too strong to remain there. 

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I still believe Rodgers has a future here, im not in the camp of wanting him gone. Think people are too quick to chop and change managers. We have seen how our team can play under his leadership and i believe we can return to that level of playing. Yes recent times haven't gone to plan but i trust him to get us going.

I think im more for keeping Rodgers simply because i think the alternatives are just rubbish. Dyche ughhhh. Poch wont come to us that's just daft. Rafa can get in the bin.

If it was to happen then i would like to try and prise Thomas Frank from Brentford. Personally though i would like to weather the storm and persevere with Rodgers.

It's hard to weather a storm with a manager who doesn't even believe in his own ability to weather the storm.

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

Fully entitled to your opinion mate but what is this confidence based on? There's nothing in our performances over the last 12 months or so to suggest that he's gonna turn things around here

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No matter who it is, if Man U come sniffing they will be the same.

There is a food chain in football you just have to accept it.

Well yes, but if we've got some 35 year old modern thinker in, if Man Utd come sniffing it'll be because he's worked his arse off and given us 4 brilliant years and we can be proud of that. Not just because he's called Brendan Rodgers!

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I accept it’s time for him to go now, but the negativity is so large from a vocal portion now that discussions are no longer possible, and have not been for a while. People have put his exit above any results, therefore the battle is lost. irregardless.

But I feel like the Rodgers in camp have had that the other way round for so long and a conversation wasn't possible then if your views differed from that narrative. The only reasons I've seen given for him staying now are financial ones and the apparent underwhelming alternatives.

Voicing the opinion of wanting Rodgers out not too long ago was always met with the same old tiresome comments.

'Go and support Man city' 

'Have you only supported us since we won the league'

Blah blah blah

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

So Pochittino finishes with Spurs whilst he was there:

6th - 19/20 (part season) 

4th -  18/19

3rd  - 17/18

2nd - 16/17

3rd - 15/16

5th - 14/15

Anyone turning their nose up at that needs to take a look at themselves! Top 6 for 6 seasons in a row! Maybe bottled in 15/16 but I'd like to think that we were just better! 

Anyways not sure he'll want to come here so a mute point but anyways those that are saying he doesn't deserve to come here need to re-think that thought. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Fully entitled to your opinion mate but what is this confidence based on? There's nothing in our performances over the last 12 months or so to suggest that he's gonna turn things around here

For me i have more confidence in him turning it around than another manager coming in and doing it. No guarantee that a new manager means improved performances. To sack him will cost a fortune to achieve what? A chance of improvement. The same as if we keep him.

I agree that the last 12 months we have seen a decline. Momentum is a big thing in football and it wouldn't surprise me if we went on a great 12 months starting tomorrow. I just hate the chop and change mentality. He has done enough to warrant some leniency. Though if we are still looking at a threat of relegation in a few weeks then my mind can and will change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Enjoying what exactly? Maybe it’s time a lot of people on here grew up. Read what I’ve posted and take it for what it is. My conscience is clear 👍🏻

bang on mate- shared what you have heard and thats all- people on here craving for that all of the time and then have a pop - mental- you do you and keep any info you get coming- most appreciate any insight possible - cheers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

We mustered one shot on target against one of the worst teams in the league, that isn't salvageable. When you have a team as talented as ours and produce such an abject display things are broken beyond repair. 

We've had the 19th most shots, the 17th most on target, 19th xG for and 17th xGA if we don't sack him we'll be in relegation trouble. It doesn't matter who the replacement is - we just need him out. Stowell and Sadler for 3 or 4 games would have us playing to our mean at the very least.

These two idiots are just part of the problem. The group think is shocking on that bench. You can see it 

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

For me i have more confidence in him turning it around than another manager coming in and doing it. No guarantee that a new manager means improved performances. To sack him will cost a fortune to achieve what? A chance of improvement. The same as if we keep him.

I agree that the last 12 months we have seen a decline. Momentum is a big thing in football and it wouldn't surprise me if we went on a great 12 months starting tomorrow. I just hate the chop and change mentality. He has done enough to warrant some leniency. Though if we are still looking at a threat of relegation in a few weeks then my mind can and will change.

Fair enough pal 

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I’m not massively keen to change but he doesn’t seem to have answers to anything now. Set piece defending should have been sorted within a month but has gone on for ages. Managing a lead seems impossible. And he’s just negative all round which must generate a pretty poor environment. What do you see that means he can turn this round?