Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, KFS said:

These two idiots are just part of the problem. The group think is shocking on that bench. You can see it 

Long term I want us to clear them out tbh but Rodgers is the problem. The way we played after the weight was off their shoulder when Puel was sacked shows what getting rid of a clown does.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

But I feel like the Rodgers in camp have had that the other way round for so long and a conversation wasn't possible then if your views differed from that narrative. The only reasons I've seen given for him staying now are financial ones and the apparent underwhelming alternatives 

It totally has gone stale, the timeline alone would historically dictate he is done, and he is showing no signs of knowing to extricate us from this malaise, so a changes does seem required, when and it’s implications now would be the topics I assume.

And if you are right that there was no criticism allowed during his tenure, that too is a problem. it should only be dismissed if it the nature of the criticism, is after seeing endless ‘he is sh*t’  as this is not criticism . lol  (not saying you said that btw)

On another note,  financial concerns  (another utterly unclear area), are concerns that should be voiced, and could factor into staffing changes, especially given the recent claims of financial strife

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers appears to have form when it comes to losing the lead in games. When he was at Liverpool, they were in pole position to win the title in 2013/14. Then they lost at home to Chelsea, and blew a 3 goal lead at Palace with 11 minutes left to only draw that match, effectively handing the title to Manchester City on a plate. And before he was sacked in 2015, Liverpool drew 5 of his last 6 matches in charge, losing the lead in every drawn game!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Enjoying what exactly? Maybe it’s time a lot of people on here grew up. Read what I’ve posted and take it for what it is. My conscience is clear 👍🏻

Says the person that posts some random chatter from a WhatsApp group then criticise when anyone suggests it's all made up. 

I think you're the one that should have a day off mate 

Either way I do feel for you - lets hope it's correct otherwise we'll all know you for what you are. 

Surprised you've not started with building your excuses yet - usually 12 hours after post for most trolls. 

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

bang on mate- shared what you have heard and thats all- people on here craving for that all of the time and then have a pop - mental- you do you and keep any info you get coming- most appreciate any insight possible - cheers

People hear all sorts of stuff that isn't shared - he's on the wind up mate 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It totally has gone stale, the timeline alone would historically dictate he is done, and he is showing no signs of knowing to extricate us from this malaise, so a changes does seem required, when and it’s implications now would be the topics I assume.

And if you are right that there was no criticism allowed during his tenure, that too is a problem. it should only be dismissed if it the nature of the criticism, is after seeing endless ‘he is sh*t’  as this is not criticism . lol  (not saying you said that btw)

On another note,  financial concerns  (another utterly unclear area), are concerns that should be voiced, and could factor into staffing changes, especially given the recent claims of financial strife

Yeah I admit that the financial implications are less than ideal and could be the spanner in the works. We really have put ourselves in a mess and I hope it's something the club learns from but aren't punished with relegation for

• Like 1

Board : Thank you for taking the time with us today to attend this interview. 

Manager: You’re welcome, thank you for seeing me. 

Board : Let’s cut to the chase, we’ve got a bloated squad, too many players and we can’t shift them. 

Manager: …….

Board : What’s your plan? 

Manager : …….. 

Board : Well? 

Manager : Let’s be realistic. The squad is good enough to stay up. In 12 months time, we shift whatever we can’t now and don’t move again. The key is stay up, stay in this division. Let’s be honest with the fans and we promote our younger players. 

4 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Says the person that posts some random chatter from a WhatsApp group then criticise when anyone suggests it's all made up. 

I think you're the one that should have a day off mate 

Either way I do feel for you - lets hope it's correct otherwise we'll all know you for what you are. 

Surprised you've not started with building your excuses yet - usually 12 hours after post for most trolls. 

Wow lol 

No need to feel for me one bit. You just crack on with your day and if it comes to fruition, so be it. If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t! Not made any “excuses” because there’s no “excuses” to be made 😘

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Well yes, but if we've got some 35 year old modern thinker in, if Man Utd come sniffing it'll be because he's worked his arse off and given us 4 brilliant years and we can be proud of that. Not just because he's called Brendan Rodgers!

They came sniffing because he had done a good job here not because of his name.

It may well have gone pear-shaped but for 2 years he did what he was paid for which was to make us the best of the rest.  

Just now, moore_94 said:

Anyone else who is at work this morning and has done absolutely nothing apart from refresh here and Twitter or just me? lol

Ha yeah me and all. 

The poster who mentioned he's heard they are planning for BR doing the Chelsea pre-match press conference hasnt deterred my F5 efforts.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

He wouldn't leave Villarreal for us as we are now.

First of all.. a good evening

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Mutual agreement then? :ph34r:

I expect him to still be here until the Brighton game at the very least.

At the end of the day we're all fans of the same club and we all want what's best for LCFC but we're not all the same person. We'll have varying levels of patience, tolerance, ambitions and we'll like and dislike certain things about people at the club. Nobody's support of the club should come under question as a result of this debate. And I hold my hands up to being guilty of that myself at some times

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We mustered one shot on target against one of the worst teams in the league, that isn't salvageable. When you have a team as talented as ours and produce such an abject display things are broken beyond repair. 

We've had the 19th most shots, the 17th most on target, 19th xG for and 17th xGA if we don't sack him we'll be in relegation trouble. It doesn't matter who the replacement is - we just need him out. Stowell and Sadler for 3 or 4 games would have us playing to our mean at the very least.

This is awful when you consider the players at his disposal.