Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Board : Thank you for taking the time with us today to attend this interview. 

Manager: You’re welcome, thank you for seeing me. 

Board : Let’s cut to the chase, we’ve got a bloated squad, too many players and we can’t shift them. 

Manager: …….

Board : What’s your plan? 

Manager : …….. 

Board : Well? 

Manager : Let’s be realistic. The squad is good enough to stay up. In 12 months time, we shift whatever we can’t now and don’t move again. The key is stay up, stay in this division. Let’s be honest with the fans and we promote our younger players. 

The issues with Brendan are far bigger than the recruitment mess though. On top of his own horrendous signings there's:

Bringing Congerton in

Absolutely no style of play other than slow build creating nothing

Can't hold onto a lead

Poor game management and getting out coached in most games now

Has never taken any responsibility for poor performances

Clearly doesn't want to be here

Recent poor/bizarre substitutes 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

For me i have more confidence in him turning it around than another manager coming in and doing it. No guarantee that a new manager means improved performances. To sack him will cost a fortune to achieve what? A chance of improvement. The same as if we keep him.

I agree that the last 12 months we have seen a decline. Momentum is a big thing in football and it wouldn't surprise me if we went on a great 12 months starting tomorrow. I just hate the chop and change mentality. He has done enough to warrant some leniency. Though if we are still looking at a threat of relegation in a few weeks then my mind can and will change.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Fair enough pal 

I’ve got the same feeling regarding the turn it around comment he just needs to get the Fofana & Tielemans saga out of the way and he can concentrate on the squad he has, hopefully he’ll be able to bring in a couple but a part of me thinks Chelsea are pi55ing us about with the whole transfer situation whether it’s to unsettle us before we play them or something else but Tuchel comes across as a bit of a prat who likes to take the pi55 but I really think they’ll just drop the interest for now not willing to meet the price Leicester are after ?

Guest Col city fan
Just now, coolhandfox said:

This is awful when you consider the players at his disposal. 

Pretty damning stats to be fair. 
Cmon… there’s been tons of criticism on here about Daka etc but the supply just isn’t there is it!

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Top is probably going weak at the knees at the cost of sacking him. His fault mind you , when Rodgers threatened to walk out to another club , he gave him everything he wanted.

Something that we desperately need to learn from

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Anyone else who is at work this morning and has done absolutely nothing apart from refresh here and Twitter or just me? lol

What I suggest you do is put your status as busy on Microsoft Teams :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest bennytwohats
41 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Want him to go now, but will always appreciate Europe, the FA Cup, etc. The issue is, his flaws have come to overwhelm his strengths and I don't believe (does anyone?) he can return us to an upward trajectory. He is just too rigid in his team selection and strategy; his man-management is supposed to be good, but his tactical coaching is weak and the team has become more fragile and panicky as a result. We used to see that sometimes, now we see it all the time. 

What I really hope, is that while we are whining away, the club are actively lining up replacements, looking ahead and putting a deal in place. If the ambition that KP have for the club is real, we should absolutely to be talking to managers at Poch's level now. 

I agree with most of that apart from the final part. Why on earth would someone like Poch want to come after the summer we’ve just had? A top class manager will only come here if they think the can succeed, and when you look at the deficiencies in our squad they’ll know that money is needed to do that. Regardless of which narrative you believe it’s fairly demonstrably true that the backing is not there right now.

I fear a reality check is on the cards for a few if and when we do eventually replace Rodgers. I’d of course be more than happy to be proven wrong on this one.

I just don’t think there’s a plan. We can’t hold a lead, and we can see the mentality draining out of it week on week. We can all think what we want but all the signs are there. This isn’t working. He’s moaning in his pressers, there doesn’t seem to be much motivation going on, it’s all excuses. One of the worst teams in the division and all we offered was a clever free kick. Players being left out, quite honestly when it’s against the best interests of the team and the club. (Why we’re Cags and Praet not given a chance on Saturday?) When it gets to this point you don’t necessarily need a world class replacement. You just need someone to come in and get the place buzzing and everything going in the right direction. Someone to give these frozen out players a chance. Instead of being asked to play by a manager who has basically spent the last 8 months calling them dead wood. He had a great start but it’s done. It’s time to move on for him, and us. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

What I suggest you do is put your status as busy on Microsoft Teams :ph34r:

or set up a teams call and only invite yourself then dial in on mute so it shows your status as on a call

• Haha 3

On the lists of faults/reasons to be BR out ....one of the things we seem to miss is just how bad we are at defending. 

All teams need to do is knock it into the box and it creates panic.....it's a complete shambles and he needs to take accountability. 

Both goals against us on Saturday were just so typical of the last year ....they were pretty average deliveries in and that was it....CHAOS and 2 goals. 

We play Chelsea and spurs in the next few weeks .....wait until we see them just relentlessly cross balls in... we're in for a rough time!!

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

:source:

I think at this point you'd need a source that he's gone. 

I definitely can believe the board have had an emergency meeting but if he'd gone the news would have been breaking this morning as the players were reporting for training. 

I can definitely see it being the plan to wait and see what we can achieve this year, if we can limp to the summer in mid table without too much risk and spend the time lining up his long term replacement and then re-building the squad next year for them that'd probably be preferable. 

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-manager-leicester-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html?amp

Interesting read on how he lied and fell out with the board at Liverpool over transfers and constantly self promoted…

Not much has changed it seems 

Quite a scary read into the mind-set of Rodgers which we were warned about by fans of his previous clubs. We seem to have reached the self-sabotage but blame everyone else stage of the cycle. Blame tiredness on the Brentford result and not use the subs available. Give Praet a second chance then demoralise him by not even bringing him on as a sub. Ditto with Soumare if it is true he blocked his sale. Stubbornly play Amartey every game knowing he has a goal conceding mistake in him once a match. Throwing Rudkin under a bus by saying he was talking to potential new signings but was then told no money was available. And on it will go until his inevitable departure with his reputation still untainted in the eyes of the media. 

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yes you are right, let's just throw Pep, Tuchal, Klopp etc name in the hat too.....:rolleyes:

Obviously I'm talking about managers who are "potentially available" and likely the club would go for!

You threw Poch’s name in the hat, he managed to same club as Tuchel’s previous club so explain how that would be different. We aren’t getting him.

Also, I haven’t seen anything for the last 2 hours so correct me if I’m wrong, but Brendan hasn’t gone.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think at this point you'd need a source that he's gone. 

I definitely can believe the board have had an emergency meeting but if he'd gone the news would have been breaking this morning as the players were reporting for training. 

I can definitely see it being the plan to wait and see what we can achieve this year, if we can limp to the summer in mid table without too much risk and spend the time lining up his long term replacement and then re-building the squad next year for them that'd probably be preferable. 

I was only messing. 

On the second point I guess it just depends on how bad it gets. It makes sense what you're saying but I think some people are far too dismissive of the possibility of relegation