Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You threw Poch’s name in the hat, he managed to same club as Tuchel’s previous club so explain how that would be different. We aren’t getting him.

Also, I haven’t seen anything for the last 2 hours so correct me if I’m wrong, but Brendan hasn’t gone.

To clarify the last point, I’ve been told he hasn’t left. Or at least the person hadn’t been told he’s gone, which id imagine is the same thing.

Recon this is a false alarm.

My concern at the moment with Rodgers is we don't seem to have any alternative ways of playing. This came into stark contrast recently when Barnes got injured and he pretty much said it had ruined everything and we couldn't play any other way without Barnes. So rather than playing someone in Barnes position we went for a really awkward looking 4-5-1, which actually worked to a degree against Brentford but they figured us out when he inexplicably took KDH off and it all went pear shaped. We've got two very good strikers on the bench in Daka and Iheanacho who know they will only get a look in when Vardy is dead or injured as he's obviously going to keep playing him until his mid 40's. We need to change shape, get 2 up front and attack and stop with this keep ball nonsense, we aren't Man City, we haven't got the players for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I'd take Poch (not like he'd come here anyway), the players would be excited to play under him. Can imagine their faces if Dyche turns up and bans passing on the floor.

This is a persistent fallacy. Dyche knows football but played the way he did with Burnley because it worked and fitted the players he had. He isn’t a one trick pony and would stiffen our resolve. I’m not saying he’s the messiah, I’ve known a few, but he is likely what we need right now. He’d also be cheap, lives in Notts and he’s ginger. So that 3 good things at least. 

41 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Overall, no.

But it is 3 games into this season, and that's not a great time to be sacking a manager. 

When is a good time?  Do we wait until we are 5 or 6 points adrift come the end of September?

He has lost the squad. Everything is so methodical and easy to play against.  We have absolutely no heart at the moment so as soon as we get a little bit of pressure against us we capitulate.

We should be 6 points out of 6 at home for the first 2 games of the season.  We have failed to beat either Brentford or Southampton, both after taking the lead.  I can promise you the longer we wait, the smaller the pool of managers willing to take job will be as we will be firmly in a relegation fight and we have no fight at the moment. Losing because you ae not good enough is one thing, but losing because of the lack of fight and heart is not acceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

When is a good time?  Do we wait until we are 5 or 6 points adrift come the end of September?

He has lost the squad. Everything is so methodical and easy to play against.  We have absolutely no heart at the moment so as soon as we get a little bit of pressure against us we capitulate.

We should be 6 points out of 6 at home for the first 2 games of the season.  We have failed to beat either Brentford or Southampton, both after taking the lead.  I can promise you the longer we wait, the smaller the pool of managers willing to take job will be as we will be firmly in a relegation fight and we have no fight at the moment. Losing because you ae not good enough is one thing, but losing because of the lack of fight and heart is not acceptable.

I don't disagree with that. My point was, if you're ready to sack a manager after 3 games it really should have been done in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Just look at that ffs, get rid of him

When you consider the finishing quality of the strikers we have at this club it's even worse. We must have one of the highest chance conversion % rates that any club outside the "Big six" has ever had. All three of them are pretty damn efficient. 

It's shameful how little we create for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

My concern at the moment with Rodgers is we don't seem to have any alternative ways of playing. This came into stark contrast recently when Barnes got injured and he pretty much said it had ruined everything and we couldn't play any other way without Barnes. So rather than playing someone in Barnes position we went for a really awkward looking 4-5-1, which actually worked to a degree against Brentford but they figured us out when he inexplicably took KDH off and it all went pear shaped. We've got two very good strikers on the bench in Daka and Iheanacho who know they will only get a look in when Vardy is dead or injured as he's obviously going to keep playing him until his mid 40's. We need to change shape, get 2 up front and attack and stop with this keep ball nonsense, we aren't Man City, we haven't got the players for that.

This thing really annoys me that he has the gall to come out and say this. If he's 3+ years deep in a job and the absence of a single player throws his entire preferred game plan out the window then that's on him. Why doesn't anyone then respond to him with something like "is that perhaps a reflection on how recruitment has went at your time at the club?".

• Like 4

I think we'd have had more shots and shots on target against Southampton if we were literally managerless. We had 1 shot in the entire second half, he's lucky our players have covered his arse for so long by consistently scoring screamers.

• Like 1

I dont have any questions to Brendan, he is done for me

on the other hand i really wanna know what the fu ck is club doing and why is Brendan still manager and not sacked this summer

if they trusted him at least gave him proper summer for "rebuild" or whatever you wanna call it

Club is doing absolute pants job and it should be mentioned as well 

Edited by tsintskaro

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

When you consider the finishing quality of the strikers we have at this club it's even worse. We must have one of the highest chance conversion % rates that any club outside the "Big six" has ever had. All three of them are pretty damn efficient. 

It's shameful how little we create for them. 

Yep, 8 of our players overperformed on xG last season which is clearly not sustainable. We massively rely on individual bits of brilliance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This thing really annoys me that he has the gall to come out and say this. If he's 3+ years deep in a job and the absence of a single player throws his entire preferred game plan out the window then that's on him. Why doesn't anyone then respond to him with something like "is that perhaps a reflection on how recruitment has went at your time at the club?".

But why have we not worked on or already have an alternative way of playing?

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think we'd have had more shots and shots on target against Southampton if we were literally managerless. We had 1 shot in the entire second half, he's lucky our players have covered his arse for so long by consistently scoring screamers.

Almost like his answer to our defensive issues is to keep the ball and take as few risks as possible.

Just now, Stadt said:

When he's inevitably gone I can't be arsed with a 85 IQ neanderthal pundit coming out with the "what do they expect!!!!, Brendan is a great manager, they've not backed him!!!' bollocks.

They'll all be at it, it will be Ranieri all over again but worse. I'd suggest avaoiding Football related media for a while.