Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I don't believe that for a second. We were the third club  that they worked alongside each other and we a supposed to believe that that is purely coincidence. He had a say in Congertons appointment here and it will take a whole lot to change my mind on that. 

He’s talking about the new bloke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The 5th places were under performances ...as we collapsed.  We were bullied out of Europe every time.

Underperformances. Fifth. And a European semi.

Sure we underperformed in Europe to a degree but he is the first manager to get us there since Claudio. And yes the Top Four was a massive failure in one regard, but the fact we were competing shouldnt be dismissed. That first season where it really clicked, we played some sexy football.

I still want him out, though haha

Edited by Tanya
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Scotch said:

On Talksport a minute ago, Sourness was asked :are you happy with Brendan Rodgers"...

...He answered "No. He still has a whole lot to prove but he talks a good game". 

It's half 11 on a Monday morning and I'm being forced to agree with Grahame fvcking Souness. It's going to be a long week. 

At least one of the complete ****wits can see through the Rodgers PR machine. 

The rest of them are as thick as shit 

• Like 3

Just now, Master Fox said:

Everyone saying these “5th place finishes are a good thing” have forgotten the epic collapse and failure not qualifying for the Champions League after being in the Top 4 all season. Everything would be completely different now had we not bottled it, and it was Rodgers capitulation that caused it, twice. 

Doubt it was planned to finish 5th either season, but ok

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Doubt it was planned to finish 5th either season, but ok

It perhaps wasnt in the first season. However, the club did shell out on a lucrative contract making him fourth highest paid in the division. We also full reinvested the Maguire and Chillwell money AND gave him a season of no sales. The money this club has given him and the backing means when we are 14 points clear with 8 games to go, you better ****ing deliver. If you cock up one season, you better learn from that. 

AND at the very least, you should be sending out a team that can defend. 

Brendan Rodgers talks a very good game but is failing to deliver when the going gets tough. 

• Like 2

Very disappointed. Went bed with real hope of a Rodgers sacking or walk out today, after spending the evening on here. Got up, went work in great anticipation of a media back lash for Rodgers departure, and how we had let him down and we should know our place. Told the guys at work Rodgers was likely going to be toast today, much to everyone's delight.  Now we reach dinnertime and not even a sniff of him leaving.  Cue much barracking for me for getting everyone's hopes up, and a real slump in my mood because Rodgers still remains. :angry:

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Very disappointed. Went bed with real hope of a Rodgers sacking or walk out today, after spending the evening on here. Got up, went work in great anticipation of a media back lash for Rodgers departure, and how we had let him down and we should know how place. Told the guys at work Rodgers was likely going to be toast today, much to everyone's delight.  Now we reach dinnertime and not even a sniff of him leaving.  Cue much barracking for me for getting everyone's hopes up, and a real slump in my mood because Rodgers still remains. :angry:

whatever else happens, he is NEVER walking out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It perhaps wasnt in the first season. However, the club did shell out on a lucrative contract making him fourth highest paid in the division. We also full reinvested the Maguire and Chillwell money AND gave him a season of no sales. The money this club has given him and the backing means when we are 14 points clear with 8 games to go, you better ****ing deliver. If you cock up one season, you better learn from that. 

AND at the very least, you should be sending out a team that can defend. 

Brendan Rodgers talks a very good game but is failing to deliver when the going gets tough. 

I am not disputing this at all, the continued banging on about choking or bottling is just ignorant and annoying, as it ignores by contributing factors

• Like 1

The point we finished with would have had us finish 7th most seasons as well.

We failed to capitalise once our destiny was in our hands. Something Rodgers teams do time and time again. He strikes fear into his players when the pressure is on.

It was a miracle we didn't blow the FA Cup final as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am not disputing this at all, the continued banging on about choking or bottling is just ignorant and annoying, as it ignores by contributing factors

Why is there always "contributing factors" in Brendan Rodgers career. At Liverpool it was the transfer committee. At Celtic it was the financial restraints. At Leicester it is the size of the club. 

Brendan fails to deliver but a few things usually follow him around. 

Injuries. 

Collapses.

Defensive frailties.

Piss poor recruitment. 

The point I am trying to make is it never is plain sailing but when we pay a manager what we are paying him, I expect some sort of standards - something we are seriously lacking. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The point we finished with would have had us finish 7th most seasons as well.

We failed to capitalise once our destiny was in our hands. Something Rodgers teams do time and time again. He strikes fear into his players when the pressure is on.

It was a miracle we didn't blow the FA Cup final as well

Do you honestly belive that?? Or is it more akin to some of the players we have not being able to handle pressure at the very highest level. The reason we didn't finish 4th was due to this,  the players couldn't handle it and came up short. There is a reason they play for us and are not all starting for any of the top 4. Think about it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

An out of everyone in the world they recruited his mate from Celtic?

Ah I thought you were talking about the new guy.