Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still believe the biggest error of the judgement was not strengthening in the 19/20 January window.

One good signing gets us over the line for CL.

We then don't learn from our mistake and do the same in the 20/21 January window.

Again - Rodgers was vocal about liking working with a small squad. 

He's putting the pressure on for transfers now but when it was important to strengthen he chose not to. 

• Like 2

One thing is certain though, the board have to take their share of the blame for this.

They had a choice to back Rodgers or sack Rodgers and they chose neither. Instead they've just tightened the purse strings and slinked away to stick their heads in the sand and hope everything turns out ok. 

The way we have started this season could see us in genuine relegation trouble and absolutely nothing is being done about it. A lot of blame can be attributed to Rodgers but a lot of upstairs decisions have not helped him in the slightest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But it doesnt work like that at board level. That one mistake that can cost you or hinder the business can cost you the job. The big salary justifies the pressure. 

CAVEAT: I have no idea who is (if anyone is) to blame for the window we are having or Brendan's contract etc. Just pointing out that the idea things like this pass over at board level is wrong. If Top didnt sanction the long term contract, he is well within his right to challenge his executives. 

Yes it can cost you your job, but at the same time most decisions need collective board approval - not just one individual - especially remuneration and contract length of key personnel - namely the manager! I'm on the board of a business and that is how things work.

2 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

The football is too slow.

We don't do enough with the ball.

We don't create anywhere enough high percentage chances.

We buckle under pressure, very easily.

We don't defend set pieces well enough.

If Rodgers can fix the above then he's the man. But, he won't.

He can fix them, because these were never issues in the first 18 months. It's just that he doesn't seem bothered about rectifying them. They've all been issues for at least 8 months now, and many over a year +. There's something amiss because he is capable.

7 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Do you honestly belive that?? Or is it more akin to some of the players we have not being able to handle pressure at the very highest level. The reason we didn't finish 4th was due to this,  the players couldn't handle it and came up short. There is a reason they play for us and are not all starting for any of the top 4. Think about it.

But this viewpoint also begs the question, why are we paying our manager what we are ? We seem to have real issue with pressure - not all of it at the highest level. Even when it comes to defending against Southampton or Brentford for 20 minutes. There’s a mentality failure here and of course the players take some blame but it’s not predominantly in their court. 

Just now, Dames said:

One thing is certain though, the board have to take their share of the blame for this.

They had a choice to back Rodgers or sack Rodgers and they chose neither. Instead they've just tightened the purse strings and slinked away to stick their heads in the sand and hope everything turns out ok. 

The way we have started this season could see us in genuine relegation trouble and absolutely nothing is being done about it. A lot of blame can be attributed to Rodgers but a lot of upstairs decisions have not helped him in the slightest. 

I think they're after a bit of a stand off to be honest. "Work with the large and expensive squad you've assembled or don't." I don't blame them in one sense, but this manager clearly doesn't seem to be on the same page.

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Yes it can cost you your job, but at the same time most decisions need collective board approval - not just one individual - especially remuneration and contract length of key personnel - namely the manager! I'm on the board of a business and that is how things work.

Yeah, that’s not what I’m saying. Sitting on the board of a business is one thing. Sitting on the board of a multimillion pound business is another. Top has every right to question why his club has its hands tied - it doesn’t mean there has been many mistakes. But to pretend it doesn’t need a discussion and fact finding, is not the way it will be done. 

Just now, sdb said:

I think they're after a bit of a stand off to be honest. "Work with the large and expensive squad you've assembled or don't." I don't blame them in one sense, but this manager clearly doesn't seem to be on the same page.

Its not just Rodgers thats assembled it though and he has dropped clangers with Congerton (Perez, Vesty and Betrand) he's also been lumbered with players that he probably didn't want and the balance of the squad didn't need (Soumare, Daka).

It seems like behind the scenes its Rudkin vs Rodgers and neither wants to concede which is having a huge detrimental effect on the club. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Again - Rodgers was vocal about liking working with a small squad. 

He's putting the pressure on for transfers now but when it was important to strengthen he chose not to. 

Don't believe he would have chosen not to.

He's made lots of mistakes but his not to blame for everything.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, that’s not what I’m saying. Sitting on the board of a business is one thing. Sitting on the board of a multimillion pound business is another. Top has every right to question why his club has its hands tied - it doesn’t mean there has been many mistakes. But to pretend it doesn’t need a discussion and fact finding, is not the way it will be done. 

What are you talking about, Top is the Chairman, he is on the board! He will be signing off the decisons alongside the CEO, CFO and any other other NED's or execs on the board. The process of how decisions are made doesnt really change whether a business is £10m in tuenover or £500m - normally is the number of people on the board in a governance position to make those decisons. What business are you comparing LCFC to? FWIW the business I work for, turnover is about £40m  

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Heard he's now been given until the Man Utd game. Stockport game is irrelevant. 

So Chelsea away and Man Utd home are his final chances. 

So basically he’s gone then lol 

Just now, StanSP said:

Hopefully the board are sounding out his replacements there is no chance we get 6 points from those two games.

45 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think he meant Congerton was hired via recruitment firm

Which I actually find plausable... if you're a lazy recruitment firm (they all are) your first call is probably to the bloke your new manager has worked with on several occassions lol 

....I find this hard to believe!!!

If that was really the process that brought him here then someone at the club needs to monitor Foxestalk to get the lowdown on what is happening out here in the football world. I know the owners were very limited in their knowledge of the football scenery and relied heavily on Rudkin to guide them through it, and day by day it seems they are still reliant on the same someone, whilst failing to gain the knowledge that they need to make informed decisions.

This forum was littered with posters saying Congerton was a liability, do not touch, and he was subsequently recruited apparently in a process that did not involve his best buddy. Unreal!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If this is true then its a shocker.

The club just seem desperate to get through this window without spending any money. If they sack him before then any new manager would expect funds or at least a signing or two to lift the place before they join.

2 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Would he be aware of this himself? Wonder if they’ve tried to stick a rocket up his arse. 

Wouldn’t mean a rocket up his arse, it would be like winning the lottery if you get the boot with that payout.

Yeah his reputation takes a hit but for potentially 10-15m it’s worth it