Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Wouldn’t mean a rocket up his arse, it would be like winning the lottery if you get the boot with that payout.

Yeah his reputation takes a hit but for potentially 10-15m it’s worth it 

Agree, time will repair his reputation and on his CV he has  FA Cup win and european finishes, Euro semi final and then was given no money to spend, an easy spin to a new club once the dust has settled. 

• Like 1

I get man Utd are a disastershow at the moment with the players basically trying to get any manager who makes them work sacked, but why would you give him Chelsea away and Man Utd at home as a last chance? Surely you'd be looking at Brighton and Villa instead as a better indication of whether he can turn it around?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

What are you talking about, Top is the Chairman, he is on the board! He will be signing off the decisons alongside the CEO, CFO and any other other NED's or execs on the board. The process of how decisions are made doesnt really change whether a business is £10m in tuenover or £500m - normally is the number of people on the board in a governance position to make those decisons. What business are you comparing LCFC to? FWIW the business I work for, turnover is about £40m  

Tommy, I am not having a go at you. But tomorrow, go to your board with a decision with your remit. Present it. Do no background work around that decision (not that I am suggesting this happened here). In six months when things go a bit wrong, see if your CEO, chairman, CFO do not ask the question as to "how did we come to this". Sitting on a board is not something new to what I suspect is many members of this forum. If Top, Susan etc. have questions on this decision making process, "what do other clubs do", "why have we done it this way" "what else has happened in the market" etc. How do you think we came to the conclusion that no more release clauses was the way forward ? Like I said, doesnt mean anything was done wrong. Doesnt mean someone should definitely lose their job. But there may be genuine reason for questions to be asked. Its why a CEO has a Director of Finance, a Director of Legal, a Director of Commerce, a Director of Operations and in this case, a Director of Football. There is a reliant on expertise of board members and any board member knows that and that expertise can be challenged - I wouldnt expect anything different.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Heard he's now been given until the Man Utd game. Stockport game is irrelevant. 

So Chelsea away and Man Utd home are his final chances. 

If true he’s gone and they’re just looking for a replacement. Wont be signing any players though you’d imagine if he is going. 

Im still dubious, him leaving feels too good to be true 😂

19 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Do you honestly belive that?? Or is it more akin to some of the players we have not being able to handle pressure at the very highest level. The reason we didn't finish 4th was due to this,  the players couldn't handle it and came up short. There is a reason they play for us and are not all starting for any of the top 4. Think about it.

I see it happen so of course I believe it. There's a clear tactical shift. It's why we've also dropped 20 odd points from winning positions this calendar year. 

That Bournemouth game was a joke. He removed all our momentum and it's because he was was so scared that Kel wasn't defending properly against a team that had barely mustered a chance, he changed the teams set up and allowed Bournemouth the chance to push us back. Then he has the cheek to blame the players. The players that walked in at half time were chill and in total control of that game. 15 mins for Rodgers to get in their heads and they crumbled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Bert was told in a Whatsapp message last night that Rodgers had gone.

StanSP had heard the same.

Chocolate_teapot says he's definitely not gone and won't be going anywhere until at least after Brighton

So basically, forget the last 24 hours.

Never. I'm never going to forget the last 24hrs - it should be on the season's highlights DVD.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I always find it completely senseless when stuff like this comes out at football clubs. 

It always seems to be "you have two games to save your job!" cool, who are we playing next? Oh right, two of the biggest clubs in world football. OK then. 

lol

I don't just mean us but broadly across football how often have we seen it. 

I agree, it's all highly speculative and lazy trope from fans or the media that he has X number of games to save his job.

Is it plausible that if we get shafted by Chelsea and Man United with no improvement in performance that Rodgers will be fired? Yes.

Could we be bottom of the table after the Chelsea and Man United games with 1 point? Yes, very plausibly. I'd even throw the Brighton game on the end of that with their current form.

Do I think the club have sat Rodgers down and told him you have the Chelsea and Man United game to save your job? No, it's mental. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Do you honestly belive that?? Or is it more akin to some of the players we have not being able to handle pressure at the very highest level. The reason we didn't finish 4th was due to this,  the players couldn't handle it and came up short. There is a reason they play for us and are not all starting for any of the top 4. Think about it.

Confidence is instilled by the coach. Likewise the coach can transmit fear. When you go out onto the battlefield you need a strong leader. Rodgers is a good coach on the practice field but not a good leader of men. Would you honestly let this guy lead you into battle? Big Nige was not a great technical coach but most of us would willingly follow him into battle. A hybrid of the two, not easy to find, is what we should be looking for as the search for a new coach, which has surely already begun, continues.

So we miraculously beat Chrlsea and Man Utd and he stays?

What then if we continue  to lose all the games after that?

Does he then get another 2 games "to save his job"?

Its ridiculous.

No one is going to shed a tear or argue like we did when Ranierir or Pearson were sacked if Ridgers is sacked.

Do the right think...oh while your at it, sack the new Health and Safety guy who is slowly sucking the life out of the fans for the ridiculous  amount of new rules auctioned.

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But this viewpoint also begs the question, why are we paying our manager what we are ? We seem to have real issue with pressure - not all of it at the highest level. Even when it comes to defending against Southampton or Brentford for 20 minutes. There’s a mentality failure here and of course the players take some blame but it’s not predominantly in their court. 

Why is it not in their court? It most certainly is,  if they can't defend a lead on the pitch and fix what is wrong then it beggars belief. They are professional footballers not an under 7's team. Evans was awful in the 2nd half Saturday,  is that the managers fault? Far too much emphasis on the managers these days,  play accountability goes missing. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Tommy, I am not having a go at you. But tomorrow, go to your board with a decision with your remit. Present it. Do no background work around that decision (not that I am suggesting this happened here). In six months when things go a bit wrong, see if your CEO, chairman, CFO do not ask the question as to "how did we come to this". Sitting on a board is not something new to what I suspect is many members of this forum. If Top, Susan etc. have questions on this decision making process, "what do other clubs do", "why have we done it this way" "what else has happened in the market" etc. How do you think we came to the conclusion that no more release clauses was the way forward ? Like I said, doesnt mean anything was done wrong. Doesnt mean someone should definitely lose their job. But there may be genuine reason for questions to be asked. Its why a CEO has a Director of Finance, a Director of Legal, a Director of Commerce, a Director of Operations and in this case, a Director of Football. There is a reliant on expertise of board members and any board member knows that and that expertise can be challenged - I wouldnt expect anything different.  

You are completely missing my point and don't understand. The lcfc board are responsible for making the decisions - no one will come and present to the board and say ''Hey, heres a good idea'' it is the faculties of the board that bring the decisions to the table for discussion and approval. A new manager approval would come from Jon Rudkin or Andrew Neville (assuming both are on the board) dicussed and approved at the meeting. 

If there are any failings then the CEO, CFO, D of Football etc could be for the chop. The bucks rests with the collective board on big decisions, the manager being one of the biggest alongside expansion of the stadium, new players etc etc. I just don't think you get that point.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I always find it completely senseless when stuff like this comes out at football clubs. 

It always seems to be "you have two games to save your job!" cool, who are we playing next? Oh right, two of the biggest clubs in world football. OK then. 

lol

I don't just mean us but broadly across football how often have we seen it. 

I've always found this weird too.

What if get 4 points from those two games? 'OK, well done. You're job is safe'.

Then we lose to to Brighton the next game? 'Right, to keep your job you have to win the next game'.

How long does it go on for?

If you're giving a manager X amount of games to save their job you've already decided you're going to sack them surely?

The other thing at play here is who is holding the cards. ‘You’ve got two games to save your job’ - this is a warning to a guy who left his supposed boyhood club for more money… to him that’s two shit performances against huge clubs and spending away from pocketing 15m quid. This is perfect for Rodgers. It’s Tielemans all over again. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Everyone saying these “5th place finishes are a good thing” have forgotten the epic collapse and failure not qualifying for the Champions League after being in the Top 4 all season. Everything would be completely different now had we not bottled it, and it was Rodgers capitulation that caused it, twice. 

And it's often talked about as a big overachievement but looking at the line ups for that game against Utd on the last day I'd say we were about where we should have been in the table on first 11 quality.

Just now, Tommy G said:

You are completely missing my point and don't understand. The lcfc board are responsible for making the decisions - no one will come and present to the board and say ''Hey, heres a good idea'' it is the faculties of the board that bring the decisions to the table for discussion and approval. A new manager approval would come from Jon Rudkin or Andrew Neville (assuming both are on the board) dicussed and approved at the meeting. 

If there are any failings then the CEO, CFO, D of Football etc could be for the chop. The bucks rests with the collective board on big decisions, the manager being one of the biggest alongside expansion of the stadium, new players etc etc. I just don't think you get that point.

I dont think you get mine. Its quite worrying. What is quite worrying is your second point has actually agreed with my point! Every board has a right to consider if the member is fulfilling his or her duty in delivering.  

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Why is it not in their court? It most certainly is,  if they can't defend a lead on the pitch and fix what is wrong then it beggars belief. They are professional footballers not an under 7's team. Evans was awful in the 2nd half Saturday,  is that the managers fault? Far too much emphasis on the managers these days,  play accountability goes missing. 

There has always been an emphasis on a manager - its nothing new. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very wise from the club in that he'll likely lose both, we'll be bottom and the media will be less critical. But, on the other hand he goes on the day after the transfer window shuts. That isn't ideal!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So basically 2 games we'll be lucky to get 1 point from and pretty much until the transfer window is firmly shut.

Yeah sounds like they've basically written this season off. Brilliant 

Just now, sdb said:

Very wise from the club in that he'll likely lose both, we'll be bottom and the media will be less critical. But, on the other hand he goes on the day after the transfer window shuts. That isn't ideal!

It's also the day we get a head of recruitment and gives time to line up some manager targets to plan for January or the summer 23 rebuild.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

Can the club just come out and announce they’re backing him so he can be sacked please.

we’ve not been able to hire a free kick coach for over a season, don’t think there’s much hope.

I’ll tell you exactly what will happen, brendan will be given until the man u game then be fired… after the window is shut and the new manager has no chance to put the right players into his system. Season will be a write off and even plausible the person we hire won’t last the season anyway 

Our club is toxic right now