Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Why is there always "contributing factors" in Brendan Rodgers career. At Liverpool it was the transfer committee. At Celtic it was the financial restraints. At Leicester it is the size of the club. 

Brendan fails to deliver but a few things usually follow him around. 

Injuries. 

Collapses.

Defensive frailties.

Piss poor recruitment. 

The point I am trying to make is it never is plain sailing but when we pay a manager what we are paying him, I expect some sort of standards - something we are seriously lacking. 

I would suggest that he has more right to contributing factors here than at Liverpool or Celtic actually, due to finance and/or superiority innate at those clubs

But what were you expecting? We would challenge consistently? That is not realistic, as challenging clubs with such ridiculous advantages may have windows of advantage, but to do so consistently requires us to follow suit, and doing that takes time and I am unconvinced it is something we want to do anyway.

We seem to be moving towards a youth focused  development approach, not buying, but developing and this seems eminently sensible, at least too me.

The injuries thing I do see the correlations but also struggle to see how he can solely at fault, unless he is some sort of messianic Napoleon figure, and even then there would need to be an utter abdication of responsibility at other staffing positions.

The same unfortunately must hold true for recruitment, as he does not head it up and Congerton being gone must surely be a plus?

I was as excited as anyone when he signed, but his time is done, but even now we need an exit that works for the clubs in terms of timing and finances.

Or maybe we are a cult…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I dont think you get mine. Its quite worrying. What is quite worrying is your second point has actually agreed with my point! Every board has a right to consider if the member is fulfilling his or her duty in delivering.  

What is Andy Nevilles role these days?

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Heard he's now been given until the Man Utd game. Stockport game is irrelevant. 

So Chelsea away and Man Utd home are his final chances. 

That’s nuts if they’ve done that, prolonging the inevitable. Even if he were to turn it around, there’s too much water under the bridge.

What is going on with this club?

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

That’s nuts if they’ve done that, prolonging the inevitable. Even if he were to turn it around, there’s too much water under the bridge.

100%

The results of 2 matches don't matter.

What matters is the management and leadership of talent costing millions each week.

He is what he is... and he needs to go.  He wont suddenly become a team player 

.. or a better tactician 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

There are only a few ITK on here and they're not teasers like Bert or Stan, it's best to ignore them to save disappointment.

I’m not claiming to be ITK lol 

• Haha 1

Sounds like he has ran out of excuses and the board have had enough.

Time for him to deliver or go.
We have been poor all over the pitch for a while now.

Things don’t seem to be improving, no obvious signs he is a top manager that can evolve a team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would suggest that he has more right to contributing factors here than at Liverpool or Celtic actually, due to finance and/or superiority innate at those clubs

But what were you expecting? We would challenge consistently? That is not realistic, as challenging clubs with such ridiculous advantages may have windows of advantage, but to do so consistently requires us to follow suit, and doing that takes time and I am unconvinced it is something we want to do anyway.

We seem to be moving towards a youth focused  development approach, not buying, but developing and this seems eminently sensible, at least too me.

The injuries thing I do see the correlations but also struggle to see how he can solely at fault, unless he is some sort of messianic Napoleon figure, and even then there would need to be an utter abdication of responsibility at other staffing positions.

The same unfortunately must hold true for recruitment, as he does not head it up and Congerton being gone must surely be a plus?

I was as excited as anyone when he signed, but his time is done, but even now we need an exit that works for the clubs in terms of timing and finances.

Or maybe we are a cult…

Rodgers is a cult 

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still believe the biggest error of the judgement was not strengthening in the 19/20 January window.

One good signing gets us over the line for CL.

We then don't learn from our mistake and do the same in the 20/21 January window.

Remember Ryan Bennett. He was a classic Rodgers transfer.

After we signed him Brendan said in the media he’s ‘followed Bennett’s career since the Championship and wanted to sign him for Swansea’. lol

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I think this is getting a bit out of hand now. We are taking second information as fact without knowing the full details. 

I'd like to take exception a little to that TS thing posted above; the speakers are equating 'backing the manager' with providing funds to bring in players. That's not a fair conclusion to draw. They showed an ignorance of the situation imho, or (let's be fair) an unawareness of the situation. 

The lack of signings (as we all are hopefully are aware of here by now!) is not necessarily due to lack of funds. Nor is it necessarily correct to say Rodgers is not being backed.

Listening to this kind of wibble, I can see how fans can get the wrong end of the stick and go off the deep end. It's enough to almost (hey, I said "almost"!) make me vote 'Rodgers In' in the next poll (in 10 minutes time)!!

Edited by taupe

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think that would be constructive dismissal 

Well, it would certainly be constructive as far as the club's future is concerned.  But I do know what you mean and that's what I figured.  Just wasn't sure what U.K. laws were like on that score.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Remember Ryan Bennett. He was a classic Rodgers transfer.

After we signed him Brendan said in the media he’s ‘followed Bennett’s career since the Championship and wanted to sign him for Swansea’. lol

Did actually try to sign him for Swansea didn't he when Bennett went to Norwich?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think this is getting a bit out of hand now. We are taking second information as fact without knowing the full details. 

I understand this is all hear’say but we can still speculate.

The guy won’t change, most certainly for the remainder of his time here and the club are naive for thinking this. Even if he were to get a result against either Chelsea or Man United, do we really trust him to build upon it?

As an aside, Stockport (no disrespect intended to them) can not be considered. Anything other than a convincing win against them is a failure to me.