Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

51 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes it can cost you your job, but at the same time most decisions need collective board approval - not just one individual - especially remuneration and contract length of key personnel - namely the manager! I'm on the board of a business and that is how things work.

That’s true ..  but the man at the top has the greatest control over decisions that are made ..  and therefore by default that is where the buck stops.  

I’d love to be in charge for a day ..   only sell Fofana if we got £100m ..  stop all finances that are going out the door on non player related stuff (stadium whatever)  ..  and get some new players in and shift out as much of the deadwood as we can by any means possible ..  and back Rodgers to get on with it. If I thought he might not be up to it start finding a replacement behind the scenes but in the meantime keep him happy.   :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

There are only a few ITK on here and they're not teasers like Bert or Stan, it's best to ignore them to save disappointment.

Well you can mate but some of us are wise enough to take anything with a pinch of salt regardless and not start judging the ITKs. Take it for what it is. 

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

They are clueless about how much he actually earns

For a long time posters on here were in denial about the true level of salaries at this club. A lot believing you could be a top 4 club while paying below average money. We pay high salaries and Rodgers is at the top of the list.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Dames said:

One thing is certain though, the board have to take their share of the blame for this.

They had a choice to back Rodgers or sack Rodgers and they chose neither. Instead they've just tightened the purse strings and slinked away to stick their heads in the sand and hope everything turns out ok. 

The way we have started this season could see us in genuine relegation trouble and absolutely nothing is being done about it. A lot of blame can be attributed to Rodgers but a lot of upstairs decisions have not helped him in the slightest. 

You can't solely blame Rodgers, nor can you solely blame the players or the board. Collectively it appears a mess at the moment. I bloody hope someone there has a bright idea in how to fix it.

15 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I understand this is all hear’say but we can still speculate.

The guy won’t change, most certainly for the remainder of his time here and the club are naive for thinking this. Even if he were to get a result against either Chelsea or Man United, do we really trust him to build upon it?

As an aside, Stockport (no disrespect intended to them) can not be considered. Anything other than a convincing win against them is a failure to me.

By all means speculate, but when speculation is used to say things like 'what is going on with this club' it really becomes unhealthy. If the club are going to do this (which they should in my opinion), they will have to go through a process. We won't know any details of that process and there will be legal, contractual, financial and personal considerations. 

Guest itude
53 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

There are only a few ITK on here and they're not teasers like Bert or Stan, it's best to ignore them to save disappointment.

Yeah you are 100% right about that, a load of shite written about this, first he walked last night, now he has two games ?

When I see it officially announced I will believe it, till then its just a load of tossers posting nonsense.

44 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

To be fair, they're only saying what most of us would be saying if we weren't so closely invested in it all.

We know Rodger's style and his flaws first hand, they're just going off the narrative he creates where it is never his fault and where we should be the lucky ones to have him and not the other way round.

Guest itude
54 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Agreed,  and in my opinion far too much emphasis. On this forum it feels like 90% of folk lay the blame solely at the managers door. 

Ok, so what if its only 75% ? he still has to go

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Dream scenario arguably, imagine if they bought him out of his deal 🤩

If Aston Villa fans read this forum they would be overjoyed to welcome "Brendan" to the club. Rodgers is an excellent 12 month manager, his record tells you that . Then he overstays his welcome because the fans want him to , desperately want him to.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Still believe the biggest error of the judgement was not strengthening in the 19/20 January window.

One good signing gets us over the line for CL.

We then don't learn from our mistake and do the same in the 20/21 January window.

775472062-026.jpg?width=3600&height=1350

6 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Here we go with the back tracking 

Shit, you're right. 

The Stockport game is now fully relevant and if we've won by 3 goals, he gets to see the Chelsea game. If we win by 4 goals, the Man Utd game is his. 

Anything more and his contract gets extended. 

Heard it here first buddy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1