Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Onions said:

Personally think it’s more of a risk to sack him and replace him without a plan, days before the window closes 

Time will tell, but I don’t think relegation is a real possibility. 

Let’s say we get nothing against Chelsea, Man Utd or Brighton, I still we’re fine, there’s some trash in this league, and we’re part of that currently but way too strong to remain there. 

We may have strong players in the squad but, when we have a manager whose matchplay decisions are so bad that their ability can't be used optimally within the team then it counts for nothing.

If Rodgers continues to perform so poorly in team selection and organisation, substitutions etc, not to mention defensive solidity, then is is hard to see where points are going to come from no matter what opposition.

• Like 2

Since January we have thrown points away with goals in the last 10 minutes against Southampton, Brentford, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton and Spurs, most of which are last minute goals too. On top of that we were leading against Chelsea and Man Utd before coming away with draws. 

That's a horrible record of in-game management. Mood could be very different even if we'd just hold on to some of them points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I think this is getting a bit out of hand now. We are taking second information as fact without knowing the full details. 

Are you telling me @Bieberfan69🦂 on Twitter might not know Rodgers’ actual salary?

I don’t know what to believe anymore.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers to Villa would be superb. He'd be loving it as well. Reunited with Coutinho and a board that will sign all the duffers he can dream of collecting.

Could take Vestagard and Betrand to help them out too. Awesome. 

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

To be fair, they're only saying what most of us would be saying if we weren't so closely invested in it all.

We know Rodger's style and his flaws first hand, they're just going off the narrative he creates where it is never his fault and where we should be the lucky ones to have him and not the other way round.

You're right but i am quite shocked to see just how little blame he's getting from everyone outside the club. I've never been Rodgers out (as hard as that's getting) but I don't quite know how he can absolve any blame for the capitulations and what's happening at the minute. 

He does a superb PR job for himself every week and that's the one huge criticism I have of him because he puts himself well before any job he does. But fair play if you can make every pundit in the land believe in it. Celtic and Liverpool fans have a very different view as do most our fanbase. That's probably who should be listened to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

"I knew I needed these two with me. They were so good at Leicester, I didnt play them in case some wonderful clubs came in for them. I'm there to protect the club."

Yes, something like that. It is the dream, but right now that’s all we have, dreams. #freeLCFCfromRodgers. 

Hate to say it but a pattern has emerged for Rogers' teams. The capitulation at Liverpool, the same here (twice!). It's like he can reach for the stars but can't quite grasp them.

I appreciate the European run and the cup wins but I also want to see someone living in the real world and accepting change is needed. He talks a good game but time to go.

Really hope his next club he goes to that he sees sense and doesn't outstay his welcome. 

24 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You're right but i am quite shocked to see just how little blame he's getting from everyone outside the club. I've never been Rodgers out (as hard as that's getting) but I don't quite know how he can absolve any blame for the capitulations and what's happening at the minute. 

He does a superb PR job for himself every week and that's the one huge criticism I have of him because he puts himself well before any job he does. But fair play if you can make every pundit in the land believe in it. Celtic and Liverpool fans have a very different view as do most our fanbase. That's probably who should be listened to. 

That actually works in our favour. He's got such a good rep at being a brilliant tactician 😂 and developer of youth, that some sucker might actually take him from us. I was really hoping that would be Utd last season, but after the Maguire saga, it would've been cruel to send another duffer there.

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Why is it not in their court? It most certainly is,  if they can't defend a lead on the pitch and fix what is wrong then it beggars belief. They are professional footballers not an under 7's team. Evans was awful in the 2nd half Saturday,  is that the managers fault? Far too much emphasis on the managers these days,  play accountability goes missing. 

....I believe Rodgers insistence on the way we play is uppermost in the player's minds!!!

That only leads to indecision as you start to play against your instincts. Just watching the deterioration of our players as they battle with a system they do not truly believe in. If you brought Stowell in as the caretaker or anyone else other than Rodgers you would see an uplift in player morale and performance.

I recall in that West Brom game, he (Rodgers) was berating Maddison who was giving as good as he got, Maddison plays his own way and ignores Rodgers to a point. When you see your seasoned Defenders looking across to the bench for answers, you know you have a problem.

• Like 3